Mets fans?

Another Fan

11 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Even though its most likely never going to happen I still hope to see Wally as manager

https://nypost.com/2019/05/04/wally-backman-still-managing-and-not-giving-up-on-mlb-dream/

9 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Given 1,000 tries, I wouldn't guess that's Wally Backman.

Not as his first gig.  I don't want anymore new managers.  Backman rubs me the wrong way, anyway.  There's a reason he's never been promoted.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Any idea when our offense and bullpen will be back?

I'll give the offense a pass for one night. Padres rookie pitcher has been dominant so far. Came in with a 1.91 ERA. Struck out 11 last night.  

But after McNeil. Alonso and maybe Conforto there hasn't been enough production. Cano really needs to get out of his funk.

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'll give the offense a pass for one night. Padres rookie pitcher has been dominant so far. Came in with a 1.91 ERA. Struck out 11 last night.  

But after McNeil. Alonso and maybe Conforto there hasn't been enough production. Cano really needs to get out of his funk.

Team batting average is .243 -- 18th in MLB. Take McNeil, Alonso and Conforto out of the mix and we're pathetic.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Not as his first gig.  I don't want anymore new managers.  Backman rubs me the wrong way, anyway.  There's a reason he's never been promoted.

In fairness, he managed the D-backs for four whole days back in 2004... ?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

In fairness, he managed the D-backs for four whole days back in 2004... ?

The D'Backs kind of screwed him there.  They didn't hire him because they thought he was a wife beater which wasn't the case.  

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

He and Sandy never really got along which is why I think he never got a chance.  Honestly I'd just like to see us have a manager with some personality for a change.  I mean since Bobby V I can't remember a fiery type manager here.  The closest thing was Jerry Manuel and his colorful press conferences.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The D'Backs kind of screwed him there.  They didn't hire him because they thought he was a wife beater which wasn't the case.  

It's a he-said, he-said thing. That's Wally's version. The Diamondbacks said it was because he didn't disclose his two arrests when they point-blank asked him in the final interview if there's anything in his past they needed to know about. Why they didn't do a background check before hiring him, I do not know... 

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like Lowrie may return as early as Friday. According to the article below he'll get playing time at 3B over Frazier, J.D. Davis and Broxton are 'candidates to depart'.  

It would be a bold move by VW to cut ties with Frazier, but my guess is they'll kick that can down the road and option Davis instead.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/08/jed-lowries-return-to-the-mets-lineup-is-imminent/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:50 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Looks like Lowrie may return as early as Friday. According to the article below he'll get playing time at 3B over Frazier, J.D. Davis and Broxton are 'candidates to depart'.  

Not tonight...Davis batting #2...at third. Broxton should be in Syracuse because McNiel is now turning into a full blown outfielder.

I'm done with Frazier "talk"...he's gone.

When I see the post game interviews..I see a happy faces on guys like Alonso's..Todd's is a bitter freeze... smirk.

I 'm not so sure if a team wants to deal with us for a deal involving both Smith and Frazier..Frazier being the garbage in the deal.

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

8 batters in, 7-0 and the only out was McNeil getting thrown out at third.

Wish I had actually seen it - my boys were playing video games.

8-0 now.  The next couple games the schedule is easy.  Hopefully last inning jump starts the team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

8 batters in, 7-0 and the only out was McNeil getting thrown out at third.

Wish I had actually seen it - my boys were playing video games.

No problems..set your recorder for 6am /SNY for the rewind.

Beautiful night to be a Mets fan!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

No problems..set your recorder for 6am /SNY for the rewind.

Beautiful night to be a Mets fan!!!!!!!!!!

Best home first inning in 40 years.

Wheeler strikes out 11 but gives up 9 hits. Not sure what to make of that, maybe just a sign of the times.

The positive for me is he went 7 and the pitch count was probably around 110. He used to routinely get to that number in 5 innings or less.

• Like (+1) 1