Mets fans?

Another Fan

Getting back to Vargas...look at his charts the second half of last season...his production comes from low and away...and his speed is higher there..when he shows fatigue (Atlanta game)...he forces inside pitches which rapes his limited energy.Much like Wheeler,his mind is his own worst enemy.

Maybe a high protein,non red meat,diet would be the best thing for his career...

Put down the burritos and put some tuna steaks in your mouth is what I say.

2 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

What about Vargas? How long do we wait for the Mets to get pitching help? What is wrong with Kimbrel? Typical Mets fashion is to wait until we are 12 games out!

Stay with us bro, we're still over .500 :)

This isn't the time of year where you'll see meaningful trades, every team is feeling things out. Players that are available in trade are problem for problem ( i.e - Harvey for Mesoraco)

The fact that Keuchel and Kimbrel haven't hooked up with a team yet is as surprising to me as the fact they never signed before the season. If I had to guess Keuchel is asking for too much money on a one year deal and Kimbrel is asking for too many years. They are both looking to hit pay dirt on a contending team that suffers a big injury and perfectly happy to sit back and wait for that to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting move by the Mets today. Demoted Dom Smith in favor of Adeiny Hechevaria.

As per Mets site (link below) , AH could have become a free agent next Wednesday if the Mets didn't bring him up by then. 

I can't see him getting much playing time unless somethings going on with Rosario. Anyone heard anything about Lowrie?

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/dominic-smith-optioned-to-triple-a

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Probably won't make a difference but top 14 I would've sent Vargas, Thor or DeGrom (in that order) to the plate instead of Nido as a PH.

You are one dedicated fan if you watched that whole game!  I'm sorry if you lost sleep and or cranky today.  Woulda been nice if they could've at least got the W for you.  

On 5/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, Rocket94 said:

What about Vargas? How long do we wait for the Mets to get pitching help? What is wrong with Kimbrel? Typical Mets fashion is to wait until we are 12 games out!

Well first time under .500 now this year.  If this keeps up I think we learn a lot about VW the next few months and or ownership.  He spoke a big game in the offseason about being pro-active.  See what goes down 

5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

You are one dedicated fan if you watched that whole game!  I'm sorry if you lost sleep and or cranky today.  Woulda been nice if they could've at least got the W for you.  

Well first time under .500 now this year.  If this keeps up I think we learn a lot about VW the next few months and or ownership.  He spoke a big game in the offseason about being pro-active.  See what goes down 

Well. we have to be confident that he does. What choice do we have.

Nimmo's starting to finally concern me.  He was awesome last year but dropped off the last month.  I attributed that to just being tired from making it through the full season.  No biggie.  

This year he's bating below .200 

On 5/3/2019 at 10:55 PM, SinceThe70s said:

heard anything about Lowrie?

McAnaney said soon ..didn't give a timetable.I would think 7-10?

I need to find out about different moves for Frazier right now...and I wouldn't exclude a out right release at this point.

He's hampering this line up..and we keep losing with him in there.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Nimmo's starting to finally concern me.  He was awesome last year but dropped off the last month.  I attributed that to just being tired from making it through the full season.  No biggie.  

This year he's bating below .200 

14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

McAnaney said soon ..didn't give a timetable.I would think 7-10?

I need to find out about different moves for Frazier right now...and I wouldn't exclude a out right release at this point.

He's hampering this line up..and we keep losing with him in there.

I would love to see the Mets be bold enough and release Frazier outright. Between McNeil, J.D. Davis and Lowrie's return he just isn't needed - even for depth. 

And assuming he has options, Nimmo should spend some time at AAA and get himself right.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Just saw that Vargas was pulled with an injury today. Didn't see the game and assumed he got pulled due to the two times through the lineup mentality.

And  Matz is headed to NY to check on a nerve issue he's been dealing with. Uh oh

https://nypost.com/2019/05/05/steven-matz-sent-home-as-mets-injury-alarms-keep-going-off/

Maybe with Matz they are just being over cautious?  Can only hope anyway.  Was a horrible weekend for the Metropolitans 

You guys might think I'm overreacting, but I would disagree ....

Callaway needs to be fired.  Give the team to Riggleman - hired by Brodie.

This is Willie Randolph all over again.  New York is NOT the place where managers should cut their teeth.  Way too much talent on this team to suck as badly as they do.

He is mismanaging every aspect of this baseball team.  JD Davis should be playing EVERY FU*KING DAY ... NOT TODD FU*KING FRAZIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nimmo needs to sit or be sent down, too.  We went through this bullsh*t last year, waiting 8 fu*king months for Conforto to "snap out of it." 

Callaway has been in over his head from DAY FU*KING ONE.

He needs to go.

Now.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

He needs to go.

Now.

No complaints here.

When 1). your manager is supposedly a pitching guru and 2). you go all-in on your bullpen in the off-season, said bullpen's ERA had better be better than 4.71.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

You guys might think I'm overreacting, but I would disagree ....

Callaway needs to be fired.  Give the team to Riggleman - hired by Brodie.

This is Willie Randolph all over again.  New York is NOT the place where managers should cut their teeth.  Way too much talent on this team to suck as badly as they do.

He is mismanaging every aspect of this baseball team.  JD Davis should be playing EVERY FU*KING DAY ... NOT TODD FU*KING FRAZIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nimmo needs to sit or be sent down, too.  We went through this bullsh*t last year, waiting 8 fu*king months for Conforto to "snap out of it." 

He needs to go.

Now.

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

No complaints here.

When 1). your manager is supposedly a pitching guru and 2). you go all-in on your bullpen in the off-season, said bullpen's ERA had better be better than 4.71.

Some solid points here,how much time did he put into Conlon? He was slated to take over for Vargas in the end off the 5 man.Conlon is out of baseball now.He was gifted with some studs in Cleveland and he sold himself off of those arms.

Ask yourselves this question...has he made Wheeler any better ..a guy who over thinks and over thinks until he exhausts himself mentally? He didn't..Wheeler's days of being raw are over...Frank Viola is still in this organization....I would rather see him groom this staff.

Bottom line about Frazier...get him gone.

• Like (+1) 2