Mets fans?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Frazier just damn near jacked it straight out of Wrigley...grand slam.

He's homered 5 times in his last 7 games. Also, Rosario is finally heating up. He hit a line drive today that was tracked at 108 mph. That's some bat speed right there. 

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Great effort by Matz today.  He definitely imo has the skills to be a top pitcher.  Like what Wheeler went through though it's a matter of getting it all together. 

Couldn't agree more, which is why I was glad they left the starters intact at the trade deadline.  Once again, on paper, the Mets will begin next season with the best starting rotation on paper.

Now we just need some bats .... and a manager who has half a clue.

• Like (+1) 1

Bav-t  baby and I wonder what the over/under is on how many times he pulled out a old crouchete needle to redo his old rawlings strings? My cousin taught me how to do mine.AF....McNeil has become my favorite player...get dirty..swing the lumber...live baseball....he is a pure baseball PLAYER.

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

Couldn't agree more, which is why I was glad they left the starters intact at the trade deadline.  Once again, on paper, the Mets will begin next season with the best starting rotation on paper.

Now we just need some bats .... and a manager who has half a clue.

Next year's bats will be Ces,Lags,Alonso...Dom Smith and Wilmer will be gone for bullpen help. No doubt, Bruce will be moved to first..Alonso starts off as depth.just my opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Bav-t  baby and I wonder what the over/under is on how many times he pulled out a old crouchete needle to redo his old rawlings strings? My cousin taught me how to do mine.AF....McNeil has become my favorite player...get dirty..swing the lumber...live baseball....he is a pure baseball PLAYER.

Agree with you about McNeil but there's always a little part of me that refuses to get too excited toward the end of the year.  I remember in 2003 the Mets had a similarly disappointing season but called up on Jason Phillips.  The catcher with the Buddy Holly look.  I thought this guy was legit the next big thing and I think the Mets did at the time.  They wanted Piazza to learn 1st base in the off season.  It didn't go that well.

Then again I was a bit more optimistic in general those days

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Agree with you about McNeil but there's always a little part of me that refuses to get too excited toward the end of the year.  I remember in 2003 the Mets had a similarly disappointing season but called up on Jason Phillips.  The catcher with the Buddy Holly look.  I thought this guy was legit the next big thing and I think the Mets did at the time.  They wanted Piazza to learn 1st base in the off season.  It didn't go that well.

Then again I was a bit more optimistic in general those days

Think positive....and props for remembering Phillips..the Holly look got a chuckle out of me..those glasses were classic,for sure.

So I'm taking a stroll down Two Bills Drive this evening with Astros-Angels providing background audio/video and my ears perk up when they mention an Astro who hit a walk-off HR a few days ago against Jeurys Familia and another big late inning hit against Hansel Robles since.

200w.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Happy Labor Day guys!  For odd reasons I always remember the Mets Labor Day game against the Phillies in 2001.  Mets won that day 10-7 at the old Veterans Stadium.  Mets got 5 runs in the 9th inning.  I guess in retrospect it was memorable because-

-Was the day right before I started college

-I always remember the 2001 Mets.  Started out very disappointing but came on like gang busters in September.  Unfortunately too little loo late

-Well sadly the events in the nation that unfolded the next week

Idk just felt like a nice game to for those reasons  

• Like (+1) 1

Happy Labor Day guys!  For odd reasons I always remember the Mets Labor Day game against the Phillies in 2001.  Mets won that day 10-7 at the old Veterans Stadium.  Mets got 5 runs in the 9th inning.  I guess in retrospect it was memorable because-

-Was the day right before I started college

-I always remember the 2001 Mets.  Started out very disappointing but came on like gang busters in September.  Unfortunately too little loo late

-Well sadly the events in the nation that unfolded the next week

Idk just felt like a nice game to for those reasons  

I had a gig the night the Mets beat the Braves in their first home game following 9/11.  I could see the game from the stage and, mid-song, screamed "YEAHHHH!!!!" when Piazza hit a bomb to take the lead in the bottom of the 8th.  Magical Mets moment that I'll never forget.

Another team full of nobodies (not completely full, but many) who played their asses off for Bobby V.

• Like (+1) 1

Took it easy today before work and school start for me tomorrow.  The heat is awful as well.

Rewatched an old favorite movie of mine Seven Minutes In Heaven from 1985.  It had Jennifer Connelly in it when she was just a teenager.  It’s very 80s and cheesy but I still always liked it.

I merely bring that up because there was a scene for a good minute of the old Shea Stadium in it.  One of the girls in the movie was chasing after a major leaguer.

Anyway I just thought that was cool to see and remember the old stadium like that for a minute.  

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Took it easy today before work and school start for me tomorrow.  The heat is awful as well.

Rewatched an old favorite movie of mine Seven Minutes In Heaven from 1985.  It had Jennifer Connelly in it when she was just a teenager.  It’s very 80s and cheesy but I still always liked it.

I merely bring that up because there was a scene for a good minute of the old Shea Stadium in it.  One of the girls in the movie was chasing after a major leaguer.

Anyway I just thought that was cool to see and remember the old stadium like that for a minute.  

Nude?

I think God is punishing the Mets for tearing down Shea.

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Nude?

I think God is punishing the Mets for tearing down Shea.

Lol no.  She was only around 15 in it.  Check out The Hot Spot though if that’s what you’re in the mood for.

I might be biased but I do think CitiField itself is nicer than Yankee Stadium.  It certainly lacks the character of Shea though 

DeGrom's night:

• second straight game where he gave up only one run and knocked in the only run for his team while he was pitching.
  • had as many hits as he gave up (2)
  • This is sketchy because I was half paying attention and any of these 'facts' could be wrong, but 24 straight games where DeGrom has given up 3 or less earned runs, tying a record by Gooden and/or a record set around 1913.
  • his ERA went down from 1.68 after tonights start

14 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

DeGrom's night:

• second straight game where he gave up only one run and knocked in the only run for his team while he was pitching.
  • had as many hits as he gave up (2)
  • This is sketchy because I was half paying attention and any of these 'facts' could be wrong, but 24 straight games where DeGrom has given up 3 or less earned runs, tying a record by Gooden and/or a record set around 1913.
  • his ERA went down from 1.68 after tonights start

Frazier and Rosario did their best to !@#$ it up for him.  Second start in a row in which he knocked in the only run while he was pitching.  This guy not only deserves the Cy Young, he deserves an award for not throwing his glove in the air and telling his teammates to go !@#$ themselves.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Lol no.  She was only around 15 in it.  Check out The Hot Spot though if that’s what you’re in the mood for.

I might be biased but I do think CitiField itself is nicer than Yankee Stadium.  It certainly lacks the character of Shea though 

Citi Field is the best field I've ever been to .. including Shea and the original Yankee stadium, as well as Fenway and Wrigley.

I"m trying not to be biased, but it's just an amazing park.  Next season, I want to get to Camden Yards, as I think that might give Citi a run for its money.  But from what I've seen (about a dozen MLB parks), it is the best.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Frazier and Rosario did their best to !@#$ it up for him.  Second start in a row in which he knocked in the only run while he was pitching.  This guy not only deserves the Cy Young, he deserves an award for not throwing his glove in the air and telling his teammates to go !@#$ themselves.

I saw frustration on his face after Rosario booted the ground ball. The error came after a 10+ pitch at bat. I think he was pissed that it cost him pitching into the 7th. Nevertheless he beared down and got out of it. 

Edited by SinceThe70s