Mets fans?

Another Fan

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I wouldn't rule out Callaway getting canned.  I'm glad we're not in total rebuild mode.  Just need to get rid of the old ass deadweight (Bruce, Frazier, Bautista) and work on the bullpen, IMO.  I think a better-managed team has a much better record at this point in the season.

Gug..Frazier has been rock solid healthy before this season....it's just one of those years...add in the fact he had a death in his family. I want him back to lead the kids and pound deep balls...Alonso,McNeil,Rosie,Frazier...that sounds like a possible kick butt infield.I forgot to mention Bautista,he's as gone as yesterday's wind imo.....I'm not sure how we dump Bruce (12 mill) ? next year and in '20.

Edited by Misterbluesky

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Gug..Frazier has been rock solid healthy before this season....it's just one of those years...add in the fact he had a death in his family. I want him back to lead the kids and pound deep balls...Alonso,McNeil,Rosie,Frazier...that sounds like a possible kick butt infield.

I wouldn't be pissed if they held onto him.  I'd just like to get younger, but if he can produce - I agree that his leadership would be beneficial.

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I wouldn't be pissed if they held onto him.  I'd just like to get younger, but if he can produce - I agree that his leadership would be beneficial.

The more I think about Bruce...the more I think about a square peg going into a round hole.Lag will be back..Ces in mid may (fingers crossed) and Wilmer/Alonso at first...not to mention Borenstein for OF depth. 

On 8/6/2018 at 11:30 PM, Gugny said:

Dude.  I was there, too.  Wish I'd have known!!!

Yeah, it was a last minute thing. I bought tickets that morning. My girlfriend and I went. I Literally got tickets in the Coca Cola porch for $23 in total. I paid more in parking. 

It was a good game to be at. I always enjoy beating the Braves.

Will this ever stop? Playing players out of position. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yeah, it was a last minute thing. I bought tickets that morning. My girlfriend and I went. I Literally got tickets in the Coca Cola porch for $23 in total. I paid more in parking. 

Why dafuq would they want to put him in the outfield??!?!?!??

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No idea, but they need to stop playing mad scientist and reinvent these guys. Amed is fine at short, he makes mistakes here and there but also makes some amazing plays as well. He needs time. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Talk about bone headed.I guess Callaway has to find a way to get his boy Reyes back in the lineup...

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Off the top of my head there's only one justification I can come up with: Manny Machado.

Which is probably about as likely as the Mets signing Khalil Mack to be their next closer.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Jake almost cracked a smile in the dugout!!!

He cracked one on the mound today after striking out a batter on a nasty two seamer. The reds might have a terrible record but are a tough line up. They’re 6th in the NL offense this season. They just need starting pitching, and that’s a main reason they’re sticking with Harvey as a starting pitcher.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mets-reportedly-leaning-toward-hiring-old-school-gm-worried-about-being-too-analytics-driven/

Just came across that article.  I thought the last sentence was pretty funny and telling.  What they say and what they will do are often two different things.

I would like to see a less Moneyball type GM.  At this point though I don't even know how much it will help.  Doesn't seem like Mickey's going anywhere  

43 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mets-reportedly-leaning-toward-hiring-old-school-gm-worried-about-being-too-analytics-driven/

Just came across that article.  I thought the last sentence was pretty funny and telling.  What they say and what they will do are often two different things.

I would like to see a less Moneyball type GM.  At this point though I don't even know how much it will help.  Doesn't seem like Mickey's going anywhere  

Biggest takeaway from that article for me is the Mets may be thinking of bringing in a new GM. If they do Mickeys a goner, I was assuming Ricco and company had been groomed as the successors and they've stated they were on board with retaining Mickey and his clubhouse.

Mickey gets a lot of hate as a manager.  Should he get any credit for Wheelers in season turn-around? How about De Grom's lights out season when the team around him sucks?   I'm not lobbying for Mickey, just pointing out that the lineup mishap and in game miscues of a first year manager may be overstated...or maybe I'm preparing myself for the inevitability that he will be manager opening day 2019 ;)

Nice to see Reyes with the winning HR today. I remember 15 years ago in 2003 watching a Sunday afternoon game on Channel 11 where he got a winning HR in his first few months with the club.  I know guys reminiscing a bit.  That year the team was lousy as well and he was the hope of the future.  I guess it’s just a full circle sort of thing of watching him over the years is what I’m getting at.

Does anyone else remember a broadcaster Sean Kimmerling from 2003?  He was a young guy but sadly died from testicular cancer that year.  I think there’s a foundation named after him.  

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Nice to see Reyes with the winning HR today. I remember 15 years ago in 2003 watching a Sunday afternoon game on Channel 11 where he got a winning HR in his first few months with the club.  I know guys reminiscing a bit.  That year the team was lousy as well and he was the hope of the future.  I guess it’s just a full circle sort of thing of watching him over the years is what I’m getting at.

Does anyone else remember a broadcaster Sean Kimmerling from 2003?  He was a young guy but sadly died from testicular cancer that year.  I think there’s a foundation named after him.  

Now that you mention it, I do remember the name Sean Kimmerling, but I honestly didn't remember his story. It's a testament to Sean that you brought up his memory 15 years later. VERY cool. RIP Sean.

On a Reyes note, the past week me and two old friends went to a Mets game (the one where the Reds crushed us...sigh) and we were talking about who was the best Met at each position. When it came to SS I totally spaced on Reyes. I guess it was the "what have you done for me lately syndrome" (ses David Wright). I'd go with Reyes as the best Met SS over Buddy and Rey, not sure who else is in the conversation. And fwiw, DW is by far our best 3B.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Wright is going to play 5 innings at third this afternoon in Fla.(A-St.Lucie)

He needs to go away.  Now.

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Now that you mention it, I do remember the name Sean Kimmerling, but I honestly didn't remember his story. It's a testament to Sean that you brought up his memory 15 years later. VERY cool. RIP Sean.

On a Reyes note, the past week me and two old friends went to a Mets game (the one where the Reds crushed us...sigh) and we were talking about who was the best Met at each position. When it came to SS I totally spaced on Reyes. I guess it was the "what have you done for me lately syndrome" (ses David Wright). I'd go with Reyes as the best Met SS over Buddy and Rey, not sure who else is in the conversation. And fwiw, DW is by far our best 3B.

Agree that Reyes is the best Mets SS and Wright is the best Mets 3B, ever.

• Like (+1) 1