Mets fans?

Another Fan

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Bautista is looking like he's 27 today...not 37. Solid in the field and at the plate.

He rises and falls at any given moment, a frustrating player to cheer for in Toronto

hope he finds some contentment in NYC

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

He rises and falls at any given moment, a frustrating player to cheer for in Toronto

hope he finds some contentment in NYC

I think he'll be part of a trade package.  Would be great to seem him go to a contender and make a difference.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I think he'll be part of a trade package.  Would be great to seem him go to a contender and make a difference.

That would be nice, not sure his reputation is the best around MLB

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

That would be nice, not sure his reputation is the best around MLB

Bautista has been a model citizen for the Mets. He plays hard and has gotten some clutch hits. His age shows in the outfield but the effort is there. 

My guess is he'll get traded in a waiver deal after the trade deadline and closer to when the rosters expand. He probably looks better on a bad Mets team than he would on a contender.

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

According to SNY's Andy Martino, Wheeler might be on the move soon and could net a top 10 prospect:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-trade-rumors-roundup-zack-wheeler-drawing-heavy-interest-yankees-and-blue-jays-could-expand-potential-j-a-happ-deal/

70's. ...in one of the deals that's about to go down,shouldn't getting a young Catcher be one of our top priorities? 

24 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

70's. ...in one of the deals that's about to go down,shouldn't getting a young Catcher be one of our top priorities? 

Ideally you would target a position like catcher. But there could be better prospects at other positions available and in the end it's about maximizing your return. We don't need to bring the next Beef-on-Plawecki :)

I was in the other room, but my son told me that when Cabrera hit his HR in the 4th there was a guy in a blue #12 football jersey a row or two past where it landed. He thought it was a Kelly jersey, I can't imagine it wasn't. Lets Go Mets. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I was in the other room, but my son told me that when Cabrera hit his HR in the 4th there was a guy in a blue #12 football jersey a row or two past where it landed. He thought it was a Kelly jersey, I can't imagine it wasn't. Lets Go Mets. Go Bills.

It was ,in home blue..I had to hit rewind to view the guy. Feliz went after the kid's elbow...trash.baseball.I wish McNeil would have given him a state but he looked to be in too much pain. This team is playing with some fire ..what odd time to do so.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

So long Cabrera 

A solid player for the Mets. Surprising power, played through injuries and seemed like a good clubhouse influence. He was the guy who came up with removing the batting helmet of the HR hitter when he got back to the dugout.

The return was decent. The kid Kilome is having a down year but is still considered a top 100 prospect even though he’s not on the current list.

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Cleveland must have really low balled.I'm not understanding the Jackson pick up..why not just keep Bautista and bring up Borenstein?

It was stated earlier today that they value a good fielding center fielder that can get a hit here and there. 

Must be missing Lagares badly. That’s why den Dekker got hit with the DFA as he had that horrible game against the Yankees in that one inning where he missed everything. 

Edited by Captain Murica

38 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

The return was decent. The kid Kilome is having a down year but is still considered a top 100 prospect even though he’s not on the current list.

It was stated earlier today that they value a good fielding center fielder that can get a hit here and there. 

Must be missing Lagares badly. That’s why den Dekker got hit with the DFA as he had that horrible game against the Yankees in that one inning where he missed everything. 

If den Dekker would ever write a book about his life in minor league baseball...I would buy it.Talk about a guy who has seen many many cheap hotel rooms and long bus rides.

They have too pull the plug on the deal....the Brewers have two young catchers ranked at 17&18 within the organization and both are struggling.The entire backbone of this deal was to get some certified usda approved beef at a weak position,depth wise.

Edited by Misterbluesky