Mets fans?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

But playing Left Field is .....

This guy is in way over his head.

Yup, makes no sense. He throws the man into left field without playing it all at this level but he can’t bunt... that’s a contradication. 

My head hurts.

Edited by Captain Murica

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/06/24/sandy-alderson-is-destroying-the-mets-and-must-be-stopped/amp/

“Sandy Alderson is destroying the Mets and must be stopped”

“Look, you can gripe about how cheap the Mets’ ownership is, and that’s 100 percent fair. But you can win with a $150 million payroll. Alderson has been the man building this product, top to bottom, for eight years and with one notable two-month exception in 2015 — highlighted, remember, by an acquisition of Yoenis Cespedes that only happened when deals for Carlos Gomez, Justin Upton and Jay Bruce couldn’t be consummated — it has been a fiasco of failure, and what will almost surely be six losing seasons.”

• Like (+1) 1

“Danny Abriano, SNY.tv | Twitter |

If you have been holding your breath waiting for the Mets to call up 23-year-old first baseman Peter Alonso, you should probably stop.

The Mets have no plans to bring Alonso to the majors this season "no matter what," Mets radio announcer Howie Rose said on Sunday night, citing a "pretty strong source" within the organization. “

57 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/06/24/sandy-alderson-is-destroying-the-mets-and-must-be-stopped/amp/

“Sandy Alderson is destroying the Mets and must be stopped”

“Look, you can gripe about how cheap the Mets’ ownership is, and that’s 100 percent fair. But you can win with a $150 million payroll. Alderson has been the man building this product, top to bottom, for eight years and with one notable two-month exception in 2015 — highlighted, remember, by an acquisition of Yoenis Cespedes that only happened when deals for Carlos Gomez, Justin Upton and Jay Bruce couldn’t be consummated — it has been a fiasco of failure, and what will almost surely be six losing seasons.”

Selective memory. They had a nice run to the wild card game in 2016 too. Injuries and high-salaried failures over the past two years (Cespedes and Bruce) are ignored.

I don't agree with any Mets fan that doesn't admit that the prospect of Harvey, Noah, Jake, Wheeler, Matz, (in that order) didn't look like a recipe for success over Sandy's tenure. 

Did he get lucky in 2015 with Ces over Gomez? Sure. 

The payroll was not $150 million over Sandy's 8 years so that's just disingenuous. The same folks that would complain about a non-winning $150 million payroll would probably complain if Sandy hadn't signed Ces..which admittedly has not worked out...but did Sandy destroy the Mets when he kept it to a 4 year deal?

Sandy Alderson is destroying the Mets is an attention grabber rooted in ignorance and/or stupidity. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

So... Who will we trade first? I can't imagine Cabrera or Familia being Mets after July 31st. 

Those are my two picks as they will be traded to a team that is leading their division or close to it. I don't think Familia will be the "guy" when traded to his new team but he does offer the experience of being a closer and set up man. Assdribble offers the versatility of being able to play 3 infield positions and has some power and can bat effectively from each side of the plate. 

For those two players we already have their replacements on the team or in the organization : Gsellman or even Lugo will replace Familia even though Gsellman did give up that bomb to Kemp this weekend along with every pitcher in the bullpen. I think McNeil will come in to replace Assdribble as he also can play multiple positions, mainly 2b/3b. 

Jeff McNeil Stats Summary

LG LEVEL G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS GO/AO
Minors 2018 [-] - Minors 65 245 53 82 150 20 3 14 48 26 1 30 4 0 .335 .408 .612 1.020 0.74
Binghamton EAS AA 57 214 49 70 134 16 3 14 43 22 1 23 3 0 .327 .402 .626 1.029 0.66
Las Vegas PCL AAA 8 31 4 12 16 4 0 0 5 4 0 7 1 0 .387 .444 .516 .961 2.00

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2018 at 8:28 AM, SinceThe70s said:

I assume you mean Reyes at third.  How about when they moved Reyes to second to make room for Kaz Matsui?

There's a name I could have lived with never hearing again.     :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

So... Who will we trade first? I can't imagine Cabrera or Familia being Mets after July 31st. 

I would add Wheeler to the list along with Frazier....since we wouldn't be able to get more that a canned ham for Bruce,I think he stays?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/23/2018 at 10:11 AM, Gugny said:

My prediction:  Thor's career will be over in 3 years or less and his production will trend downward until he's done.

And he is one of my favorite Mets.  Hell, my son and I will both be wearing Syndergaard t-shirts when we attend the game later this summer.

I've decided to bail on the July 4th game in Toronto and I was really looking forward to it.Oh well...

18 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I've decided to bail on the July 4th game in Toronto and I was really looking forward to it.Oh well...

Eh, you should still go.  A ball game is always fun, IMO.

*** Said the guy who told his wife and son, "let's go, we're outta here," after Familia blew a save once; only for the Mets to come back an win while we were on the subway.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think we can all agree this pretty much sums up our season so far. I'm not at a Hulk rage level anymore but this hurts lol.

32 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ah man, like Gug said, going to a game is always fun even if the team is wet dog poo. I went to the Sunday Night game against the Yankees, it took me a week for my voice to recover. 

The mets are 1-0 when I'm there this year :lol: 

Here's something that just dawned on me, as I'm reading about Nimmo being out with a bad pinkie finger ....

I was listening to the game in the car whilst running errands with my son, yesterday.  When Nimmo got hit in the hand, that was the third HBP in the game (2 that hit Nimmo, although one didn't count).

How about a !@#$ing fight?

I'm not a fan of baseball fights, per se ... but there's a time when they need to happen.

That was one of my knocks on Terry (yes, I miss him) - his refusal to retaliate.

Dodgers were BEGGING for a fight, throwing at our guys.  And Mick's just sitting there wondering how he can get Conforto to start a game behind the plate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Here's something that just dawned on me, as I'm reading about Nimmo being out with a bad pinkie finger ....

I was listening to the game in the car whilst running errands with my son, yesterday.  When Nimmo got hit in the hand, that was the third HBP in the game (2 that hit Nimmo, although one didn't count).

I'm not a fan of baseball fights, per se ... but there's a time when they need to happen.

That was one of my knocks on Terry (yes, I miss him) - his refusal to retaliate.

Dodgers were BEGGING for a fight, throwing at our guys.  And Mick's just sitting there wondering how he can get Conforto to start a game behind the plate.

As horrible as it might sound. I'm all for fighting in baseball especially after letting up 7 dingers. The only pitcher I know that pitches inside is Matz. The pitchers are supposed to own the plate not the other way around and for the past 2 years the dodgers have been asking for it. 

I'm sort of a younger fan but I still recall the Mets getting to scrums in the 90s and the announcers usually called it before hand stating the team was in a slump and need something to ignite the troops. I'm old school that way. I don't like throwing at the head at all, but Syndengaard will forever be a favorite of mine after his, “If they have a problem with me throwing inside,” Syndergaard said, “then they can meet me 60-feet, six-inches away. I’ve got no problem with that.”comment. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Haha, always thought you were a pacifist kind of a guy.

I agree with you though there comes a point you can't just keep taking it like that.  And he whatever can cause I spark. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

As horrible as it might sound. I'm all for fighting in baseball especially after letting up 7 dingers. The only pitcher I know that pitches inside is Matz. The pitchers are supposed to own the plate not the other way around and for the past 2 years the dodgers have been asking for it. 

I'm sort of a younger fan but I still recall the Mets getting to scrums in the 90s and the announcers usually called it before hand stating the team was in a slump and need something to ignite the troops. I'm old school that way. I don't like throwing at the head at all, but Syndengaard will forever be a favorite of mine after his, “If they have a problem with me throwing inside,” Syndergaard said, “then they can meet me 60-feet, six-inches away. I’ve got no problem with that.”comment. 

I'm in my 30's as well and don't remember this but Teufel was by all accounts as straight arrow as they came (not saying that's a bad thing).  He would confront though if he had too.  Different era

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Haha, always thought you were a pacifist kind of a guy.

I agree with you though there comes a point you can't just keep taking it like that.  And he whatever can cause I spark. 

I'm in my 30's as well and don't remember this but Teufel was by all accounts as straight arrow as they came (not saying that's a bad thing).  He would confront though if he had too.  Different era

I still to this day wish Piazza charged the mound against Clemens after throwing the broken bat back in his direction, I can remember my step dad screaming "Go get that $%&* sucker!" Not saying piazza would have handed his ass to him or anything but it would've been nice to see the little brother punching back at the big brother, clash of the titans.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Those are my two picks as they will be traded to a team that is leading their division or close to it. I don't think Familia will be the "guy" when traded to his new team but he does offer the experience of being a closer and set up man. Assdribble offers the versatility of being able to play 3 infield positions and has some power and can bat effectively from each side of the plate.

Agreed. I think Cabrera will fetch more in a trade because, as you pointed out, he can play anywhere in the infield and has been (relatively) swinging a hot bat all season long. His value probably will ever be higher, and I think there's a possibility some team overpays for him. With Familia, it depends on how he does over the next two weeks. I wouldn't be sorry to see Familia go.

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I would add Wheeler to the list along with Frazier....since we wouldn't be able to get more that a canned ham for Bruce,I think he stays?

Absolutely. Wheeler is my next guy to go. I don't think Frazier or Bruce go because of their contracts, but I absolutely can see Wheeler gone before the deadline. My #4 is Mesoraco. I can see some team taking a flyer on him, given that he has shown he can improve after a change of scenery. I don't think he was ever in the Mets' long-term plans. That trade was more about getting Harvey out of New York. I'm not a fan of Plawecki, but for some reason the Mets seem to be.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is the type of fight the Mets need to have:

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Agreed. I actually think Cabrera will fetch more in a trade because, as you pointed out, he can play anywhere in the infield and has been (relatively) swinging a hot bat all season long. His value probably will ever be higher, and I think there's a possibility some team overpays for him. With Familia, it depends on how he does over the next two weeks. I wouldn't be sorry to see Familia go.

Absolutely. Wheeler is my next guy to go. I don't think Frazier or Bruce go because of their contracts, but I absolutely can see Wheeler gone before the deadline. My #4 is Mesoraco. I can see some team taking a flyer on him, given that he has shown he can improve after a change of scenery. I don't think he was ever in the Mets' long-term plans. That trade was more about getting Harvey out of New York. I'm not a fan of Plawecki, but for some reason the Mets seem to be.

This is the type of fight the Mets need to have:

Shortly and sadly for possible years to come in the future that may also be the number of fans that show up to left field. 3! 

• Haha (+1) 1