Mets fans?

Another Fan

I think if the mets do begin to sell off pieces, I believe Familia and Assdribble are the first to go. I think Gsellman has made Familia expendable and Cabrera is a switch hitter with some power and can play 3 positions on the INF. 

Edited by Captain Murica

4 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I think if the mets do begin to sell off pieces, I believe Familia and Assdribble are the first to go. I think Gsellman has made Familia expendable and Cabrera is a switch hitter with some power and can play 3 positions on the INF. 

Just like our Bills .. it's time to get younger.

8 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

They just interviewed his father a few innings back. He literally smiles the entire time, no wonder where the kid gets it from. 

That was a great interview.  What a nice guy.

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Nimmo for sure, and hopefully Josh Allen lives up to this (since he went to school there):

People from Wyoming rule!

It was great to see such a genuinely nice kid have a big game in front of his family.

Hitting an inside the park HR in the majors is a rarity, doing it with your parents in the stands is priceless.

On 6/18/2018 at 2:32 PM, Gugny said:

I'd trade Conforto in a NY minute.

I think Thor is damaged goods.  Getting rid of him now would be difficult.  Need to wait till next year, when he's "healthy" again.

I have to question you on both of these statements.

Didn't you insist that Conforto had to start 150+ games this season? I get the frustration, but I'm not with the all-in to all-out frame of mind. 

Damaged goods carries an implication that you traded for a guy that was already hurt, so a poor choice of words IMO. I assume you mean that we should abandon ship due to the  injury history the past two seasons. It's a concern, but why in the world would you give up on world class talent while he's young and under control? Are we going to bring in a young stud whose guaranteed to be as good and injury free? Injuries are an occupational hazard for pitchers...just ask Strasburg, Kershaw, Bumgarner and a host of others. Sucks when they're overpaid but we are not there yet.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

I have to question you on both of these statements.

Didn't you insist that Conforto had to start 150+ games this season? I get the frustration, but I'm not with the all-in to all-out frame of mind. 

Damaged goods carries an implication that you traded for a guy that was already hurt, so a poor choice of words IMO. I assume you mean that we should abandon ship due to the  injury history the past two seasons. It's a concern, but why in the world would you give up on world class talent while he's young and under control? Are we going to bring in a young stud whose guaranteed to be as good and injury free? Injuries are an occupational hazard for pitchers...just ask Strasburg, Kershaw, Bumgarner and a host of others. Sucks when they're overpaid but we are not there yet.

Good points.  I'm not above being reeled in.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Good points.  I'm not above being reeled in.

I'll concede the sinking feeling  on Conforto, I'm losing faith too, just too many positives for me to give up on him yet.

But I don't get anyone who wants to dump Noah or Jake. To me, it's madness. We spend our baseball lifetimes looking for the next Seaver or Gooden, now we have two suitors and we want to dump them for what? Guys that "might" be the next Seaver/Gooden or "can't miss"  position player?  

I have a friend who loves to fish. Sometimes we find a spot and we're catching fish but maybe not as many, or as big as we want and one of his questions is "do we leave fish to find fish". The great part is there's no way to know the right answer. Same with baseball players.  But I always want the big fish.

34 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Since Cespedes signed that fat 4 year contract,he has played in just 50% of the games..can't blame Mick and Sandy for that.

Nope.  They can't be blamed for Ces being hurt and I can't say I was unhappy when Sandy signed him to that deal.

However ... putting Dom Smith in left field is pure stupidity.  And not sending Conforto down is a terrible non-move.

Last night's game was some of the worst baseball I've ever seen in my life.  These guys are just not playing at a major league level.  It's tough to watch, although I'll continue.  And with every game, I feel more and more that Callaway is inept at managing a team.

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nope.  They can't be blamed for Ces being hurt and I can't say I was unhappy when Sandy signed him to that deal.

However ... putting Dom Smith in left field is pure stupidity.  And not sending Conforto down is a terrible non-move.

Last night's game was some of the worst baseball I've ever seen in my life.  These guys are just not playing at a major league level.  It's tough to watch, although I'll continue.  And with every game, I feel more and more that Callaway is inept at managing a team.

Yeah, I mean I wasn't thrilled Cespedes opted out of his deal and we decided to sign him again to more money. My step brother used to work in the accounting department of a sport agency in time square. He knew agents and would hang out with them and meet a bunch of Mets, Yankees, Knicks players and etc. He told me there is a firm belief that Cespedes is a lot older than he is portraying himself out to be. Hence why the issues he is having with his legs, first thing to go is your legs. 

- Dom in LF is beyond dumb. He was toted to being a guy that would multiple gold gloves at First. Since his little maneuver in Arizona they have exiled him to LF? In the toughest ballpark to play the OF in. 

- I have to agree some of the moves last night were beyond dumb. Fans like us could have made better moves just using logic. If I watch Kevin Plawecki hit into another DP or weak fly ball I'm going to lose it, Lol. When asked about it after the game Mickey stated he didn't use Rosario until the 9th because he wanted to save him for a "possible" defensive replacement. Rosario singled against their closer in the 9th where Plawecki hitting .190 (not even his weight) swung at ball 4 with the bases loaded and into a DP with 1 out and us being down by 1.

Edited by Captain Murica

5 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yeah, I mean I wasn't thrilled Cespedes opted out of his deal and we decided to sign him again to more money. My step brother used to work in the accounting department of a sport agency in time square. He knew agents and would hang out with them and meet a bunch of Mets, Yankees, Knicks players and etc. He told me there is a firm belief that Cespedes is a lot older than he is portraying himself out to be. Hence why the issues he is having with his legs, first thing to go is your legs. 

- Dom in LF is beyond dumb. He was toted to being a guy that would multiple gold gloves at First. Since his little maneuver in Arizona they have exiled him to LF? In the toughest ballpark to play the OF in. 

- I have to agree some of the moves last night were beyond dumb. Fans like us could have made better moves just using logic. If I watch Kevin Plawecki hit into another DP or weak fly ball I'm going to lose it, Lol. When asked about it after the game Mickey stated he didn't use Rosario until the 9th because he wanted to save him for a "possible" defensive replacement. Rosario singled against their closer in the 9th where Plawecki hitting .190 (not even his weight) swung at ball 4 with the bases loaded and into a DP with 1 out and us being down by 1.

He has been overmanaging since day one.  They didn't have the early winning streak because of his management; they had it despite his management.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Reyes gets another start this afternoon (2b).

And Dom gets the bench today after going 3-5 yesterday with 2 extra base hits and 2 runs scored, I understand its a LHP, but they could have Flores at 2nd and Dom at 1st. 

Reyes has been solid since May 22nd as he has posted an OPS. of .711 and an OBP of .378, still give the young guys as much plate appearances as possible right now. 

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

And Dom gets the bench today after going 3-5 yesterday with 2 extra base hits and 2 runs scored, I understand its a LHP, but they could have Flores at 2nd and Dom at 1st. 

Reyes has been solid since May 22nd as he has posted an OPS. of .711 and an OBP of .378, still give the young guys as much plate appearances as possible right now. 

Exactly.  With Cabrera and Flores both back, there is no reason Reyes should even be on the team.  At all.

Callaway is a joke.

You don't rest a guy - especially a young one - the day after he has a great night at the plate.  Joke.

Is Mesoraco hurt?