Mets fans?

Another Fan

So, we are 10 games under .500, and our manager continues to deny how bad this team is. He literally said last night after stranding runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs TWICE and were unable to get a run home and struck out three consecutive at bats that “they’re snapping out of it.” 

I hate harping on the negative stuff but the only bright spot was Dom going yard and roping a double. Other than that there isn’t much else to be happy or pleased about. 

There was that Friday night Phillies game a few weeks back where Conforto hit the 9th inning HR.  I thought that might kick start some momentum but never did.  Even the win against the Yankees just felt more nice in that it stopped the bleeding a little.  At this rate it's not even gonna be a 70 win season more like 55

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

So, we are 10 games under .500, and our manager continues to deny how bad this team is. He literally said last night after stranding runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs TWICE and were unable to get a run home and struck out three consecutive at bats that “they’re snapping out of it.” 

I hate harping on the negative stuff but the only bright spot was Dom going yard and roping a double. Other than that there isn’t much else to be happy or pleased about. 

I, too, hate harping on the negative.  But, Jesus Christ ... not much positive outside of the starting pitchers.

Ces and Thor out "indefinitely."  Still no excuse.

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

There was that Friday night Phillies game a few weeks back where Conforto hit the 9th inning HR.  I thought that might kick start some momentum but never did.  Even the win against the Yankees just felt more nice in that it stopped the bleeding a little.  At this rate it's not even gonna be a 70 win season more like 55

Its sad to think we will possibly not even squeak out 70 wins with starting pitching like we have. So much for starting pitching wins championships. 

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Its sad to think we will possibly not even squeak out 70 wins with starting pitching like we have. So much for starting pitching wins championships. 

Starting pitching wins championships with decent management and coaching - of which, we seem to have neither.

This brings me back to the Willie Randolph days.  This team is too talented to not be better than this.  Even with the injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2018 at 10:13 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Best of luck to him and his mates on Saturday morning!!! Self edit...I'm not with you fellas when it comes to trading both or either of our aces...no way,no how. You base a team around solid pitching. Just my two cents worth..

Just to close the book on my sons Little League season - they won it all! Once again it took extra innings, they won 3-2 on a bottom 7 walk-off single with the bases loaded and one out. One of the coaches brought a dozen liters of seltzer for the "champagne" celebration. Good times!

So now it's time for the Mets to turn their season around. I'm not looking for a miracle, but competence doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Just to close the book on my sons Little League season - they won it all! Once again it took extra innings, they won 3-2 on a bottom 7 walk-off single with the bases loaded and one out. One of the coaches brought a dozen liters of seltzer for the "champagne" celebration. Good times!

So now it's time for the Mets to turn their season around. I'm not looking for a miracle, but competence doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

Tell the young man Kevin from Buffalo says Congrats!! And there is no closing the books,he will remember this day forever and so will you.?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tell the young man Kevin from Buffalo says Congrats!! And there is no closing the books,he will remember this day forever and so will you.?

Your name is Kevin Bluesky?  You must be Native American.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

No...Kevin Lewandowski. MrBluesky is a ELO song.Nice game tonight...the winning streak starts now.

I caught the ELO reference as soon as you joined the board!!

Yes.  Good game.  Gotta win another 10 in a row now.

22 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Connor had a big smile on his face when I told him that Kevin from Buffalo (TBD) extended his congrats. His father Matt appreciated the moment and sentiment.

And for the record the Mets are 2-0 since Connor's season ended. 11-1 before, 2-0 since...draw your own conclusions :)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Switch Thor with deGrom and I'm okay with that. I prefer keeping Thor over Jake at this point due to age and years of control. 

I'd trade Conforto in a NY minute.

I think Thor is damaged goods.  Getting rid of him now would be difficult.  Need to wait till next year, when he's "healthy" again.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'd trade Conforto in a NY minute.

I think Thor is damaged goods.  Getting rid of him now would be difficult.  Need to wait till next year, when he's "healthy" again.

I'd trade Conforto to a division rival. That's how underwhelming he's been since coming back. 

My main reason for preferring to trade deGrom over Thor is that Thor is younger, more years under control with a team friendly contract, and deGrom would/should bring in a hefty haul of prospects compared to Thor. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I'd trade Conforto to a division rival. That's how underwhelming he's been since coming back. 

My main reason for preferring to trade deGrom over Thor is that Thor is younger, more years under control with a team friendly contract, and deGrom would/should bring in a hefty haul of prospects compared to Thor. 

I get, and respect, your reasoning re: deGrom.  I'd personally rather keep him, but - for the reasons you mentioned - I'd be okay with trading him.

BUT ... trading deGrom would have to include the Mets getting two proven everyday position players AND prospects.  He's that good.  Then I'd be okay with it.

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I get, and respect, your reasoning re: deGrom.  I'd personally rather keep him, but - for the reasons you mentioned - I'd be okay with trading him.

BUT ... trading deGrom would have to include the Mets getting two proven everyday position players AND prospects.  He's that good.  Then I'd be okay with it.

Yeah, that is the only haul I would be content with trading off deGrom. In a perfect world we keep them both.