Mets fans?

Another Fan

I like the concept of watching when Hernandez is on the TV crew.

but I can’t tell the diff between his voice and Darling’s, haven’t figured out the nuance.

this is rare in sports to have two of the 3 sound pretty much alike.

any tips on who is who?

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

but I can’t tell the diff between his voice and Darling’s, haven’t figured out the nuance.

any tips on who is who?

This might help a little. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

One talks about hitting, the other pitching but otherwise they are almost indistinguishable by voice only.

For anyone with the MLB ticket, check out a Red Sox game.  Whoever their announcer is, he sounds EXACTLY like Gary Cohen.  I mean identical.

As far as Keith and Ron, I think Keith has a heavy San Francisco style of speaking and Ron, to me, sounds like the Ivy Leaguer that he is.  Love Ron, Keith and Gary.  There's no one even close in the business.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Woo-hoo 3 actual runs scored!

After the Todd hit his, I literally jumped up and yelled “Raise the Apple!”, and heard boos from my neighbors who all are Yankees fans. I guess I was pretty loud. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Another heart breaking loss. This team is lifeless at this point. Our offense is just so bad. The past two nights a better team walks off Chapman twice. 

In other horrible news: Cespedes left his rehab game in the second inning with tightness in his quad. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Another heart breaking loss. This team is lifeless at this point. Our offense is just so bad. The past two nights a better team walks off Chapman twice. 

In other horrible news: Cespedes left his rehab game in the second inning with tightness in his quad. 

Another very sad case of knowing once the Yanks tied it we were done.  At least I’m not getting emotionally sucked into this

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

He should of got thrown of tonight’s game for the strikes and balls being called.  If nothing else maybe it causes a team spark?

I don't think there's one player in that clubhouse who has an ounce of respect for him.  That's my fear, anyway.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:03 AM, row_33 said:

any tips on who is who?

I'm biased towards the Mets voices, especially Keith. He's at his best went he gets annoyed and cranky at bad play. Nice to hear complements about Keith and Ron from an out of market baseball fan.

Watching the game tonight, I can't stand ARod. He seems to get a lot of good press so maybe it's me. I think it's his delivery and his rep that I can't get past. Then again I don't like the ESPN Sunday night broadcasts in general so maybe its guilt by association.

18 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Nice shot Todd!  Well one Met has stepped up his game this series besides our starters 

I don't want to get ahead of myself, still a few innings to go, but with Familia on the DL and Lugo starting, I'm a little surprised to see Gsellman warming up. I wonder what the plan is to close this out.

Irony: as I'm watching the game, I'm surfing the web and the local newspaper already has a story up that with Cabrera coming out of the game there's a "window" for Reyes. 

And he fails to step on 2nd on a routine play. Two dead as I type so maybe we get out of it, but  wow has this season been painful to watch since the hot start.

Edited by SinceThe70s

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Irony: as I'm watching the game, I'm surfing the web and the local newspaper already has a story up that with Carbrera coming out of the game there's a "window" for Reyes. 

And he fails to step on 2nd on a routine play. Two dead as I type so maybe we get out of it, but  wow has this season been painful to watch since the hot start.

Ffew!  

• Like (+1) 2