Mets fans?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Oh boy.  Its nights like this (assuming they blow it) where I'm grateful for the broadcast of Gary, Keith, and Ronnie.  They make it as interesting/entertaining as possible.  Even if the rest of the season does turn out to be an epic fail, those guys can still make it worth watching to some extent. 

By far the best in the business right now. Keith is my favorite because you know he wants to rip into the franchise even more so but he won’t. He did a interview recently saying how they tell him to not be bias towards the team and be honest more than he is currently.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/31/2018 at 10:59 PM, Misterbluesky said:

If you're sitting where you have viewing access to our dugout...please do me a favor and see how much Mick is communicating with Disarcina.Much appreciated..and enjoy the game. And yes about dD.

The few times I checked up on Calloway and DiSarcina it looked like they were attached at the hip.

• Like (+1) 1

Ron just threw Callaway under the bus on breakdown. He showed footage of him in the 7th inning of deGrom's Braves outing.Callaway was coming out to yank him not once but twice...Jacob literally gave him the stop sign with his hand  and waved him back to the dugout. Chalk it up...some players have lost respect for him.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ron just threw Callaway under the bus on breakdown. He showed footage of him in the 7th inning of deGrom's Braves outing.Callaway was coming out to yank him not once but twice...Jacob literally gave him the stop sign with his hand  and waved him back to the dugout. Chalk it up...some players have lost respect for him.

That's unfortunate.  Looks like he's becoming Art Howe 2.0 if that's the case 

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

That's unfortunate.  Looks like he's becoming Art Howe 2.0 if that's the case 

I don't see it that way...if the players are turning their backs on him...the entire clubhouse will sell out. It takes just one player to show disrespect for the "boss'...then the snowball theory kicks in. Callaway has lost complete control of this team..and he is hiding behind Disarcinia while doing so.Anybody with  a baseball mind would know Reyes can't field the third base position if his life depended on it...the error last night by him was horrible..dude can't get into the hole quick enough on a wedding gift ground ball...yet mic k plays him there again.Callaway is going to get fired..not sure when...Sandy "bullet chest" Alderson would be a fool to let this downfall continue into the dog-days.just my thoughts,peace.

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

A stretch? Absolutely not. But Verlander would like to plead his case.

Just saying, he was screwed out of pitcher of the month due to the lack of “wins” but had a .69 era and scherzer had a 2.21 and won it. I feel at times we don’t deserve someone of this caliber with how putrid this offense has been. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Just saying, he was screwed out of pitcher of the month due to the lack of “wins” but had a .69 era and scherzer had a 2.21 and won it. I feel at times we don’t deserve someone of this caliber with how putrid this offense has been. 

I love ERA as a stat and that's a great comparison with Scherzer. 

Felix Hernandez won the Cy Young with a 13-12 record so there's hope. 

As far as deserving someone of this caliber with a putrid offense, we had a far better pitcher with a much more putrid offense years ago and the "amazing" thing is the guy somehow racked up the wins: Seaver.

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I love ERA as a stat and that's a great comparison with Scherzer. 

Felix Hernandez won the Cy Young with a 13-12 record so there's hope. 

As far as deserving someone of this caliber with a putrid offense, we had a far better pitcher with a much more putrid offense years ago and the "amazing" thing is the guy somehow racked up the wins: Seaver.

My step-father has told me that several times during this young season. I wasn’t born yet during the Seaver era and not to date myself but was only 1 during the 86 WS team, but I knew he was great due to being told stories about his greatness and how my step-dad could name almost every player in the trade that sent him over to the Phillies. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

My step-father has told me that several times during this young season. I wasn’t born yet during the Seaver era and not to date myself but was only 1 during the 86 WS team, but I knew he was great due to being told stories about his greatness and how my step-dad could name almost every player in the trade that sent him over to the Phillies. 

One year old in 86? That makes you pretty young for the four falls. 

You my friend are a resilient sports fan. All I can say is that you will be richly rewarded when the Mets and Bills win it all. And they both will.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

One year old in 86? That makes you pretty young for the four falls. 

You my friend are a resilient sports fan. All I can say is that you will be richly rewarded when the Mets and Bills win it all. And they both will.

I hope so. It has not been easy. To be honest growing up on Long Island during the the mid 90s was brutal being one of a handful of Mets fans in a sea of Yankees fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

That was just depressing last night.  One of if not the worst loss this year.  DeGrom pitches his heart out only to get no run support.  Too it's credit the bullpen wasn't bad for most of the night.  WTF as well with the number of Cubs fans there when they took the lead?  That was equally depressing.

Last night is what pushed me over the edge to say to start a 2-3 year rebuild now.  Build up on some minor league talent 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

That was just depressing last night.  One of if not the worst loss this year.  DeGrom pitches his heart out only to get no run support.  Too it's credit the bullpen wasn't bad for most of the night.  WTF as well with the number of Cubs fans there when they took the lead?  That was equally depressing.

Last night is what pushed me over the edge to say to start a 2-3 year rebuild now.  Build up on some minor league talent 

It is definitely time to bring up some younguns.  

That loss was pathetic.  The Peterson kid looks good, though.

• Like (+1) 2