Mets fans?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Cespedes has homered in back to back games.

Correction: back to back to back.

Great ***** win today!!!!!   If they blew that for deGrom, I'd have been pissed.  Nice work, boys!  Loved the defensive changes in the 8th.  Well managed game.

Cano is on a short leash.  That ***** bum.

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Great ***** win today!!!!!   If they blew that for deGrom, I'd have been pissed.  Nice work, boys!  Loved the defensive changes in the 8th.  Well managed game.

Cano is on a short leash.  That ***** bum.

Cespedes hitting a HR and Diaz looking good (except for Freddy Freeloaders foul ball bomb). Two things I would not have predicted. 

I forgot it was a day game and missed most of it. What set you off about Cano?

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

I always thought Mattingly had a disproportionately large ass.  He looks like a Kardashian.

Lol.  I think though before steroids really took off in the sport that build wasn't uncommon.

I was at work so I didn't catch any of the opener.  When I saw Mets win 1-0 I figured lack of fans had something to do with the low score.  But it looks like Jake did his thing ?

At least imo anyway it'll be strange following baseball this year 

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Cespedes hitting a HR and Diaz looking good (except for Freddy Freeloaders foul ball bomb). Two things I would not have predicted. 

I forgot it was a day game and missed most of it. What set you off about Cano?

In his first at bat, with a guy on and one out, he swung at the first pitch - resulting in an inning-ending double play.  But I see he did have a hit later in the game.  I think he's a defensive liability and I loved Rojas' move to replace him with the kid Gimenez (MLB debut), who showed some leather.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Lol.  I think though before steroids really took off in the sport that build wasn't uncommon.

I was at work so I didn't catch any of the opener.  When I saw Mets win 1-0 I figured lack of fans had something to do with the low score.  But it looks like Jake did his thing ?

At least imo anyway it'll be strange following baseball this year 

I didn't see one second of it.  But I heard most of it.  Listened to the first few innings at my desk at work, then had to step away.  Caught the last few innings on my commute in the car and at the grocery store (I use the MLB app and pay for audio only.  I love it.).  It was quiet, which seemed weird.  Sometimes, I thought I lost the feed because it would go dead silent for a couple seconds.  That'll be an adjustment for the radio guys.

But all in all, it felt good.  Felt great to get the win!!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

In his first at bat, with a guy on and one out, he swung at the first pitch - resulting in an inning-ending double play.  But I see he did have a hit later in the game.  I think he's a defensive liability and I loved Rojas' move to replace him with the kid Gimenez (MLB debut), who showed some leather.

I didn't see one second of it.  But I heard most of it.  Listened to the first few innings at my desk at work, then had to step away.  Caught the last few innings on my commute in the car and at the grocery store (I use the MLB app and pay for audio only.  I love it.).  It was quiet, which seemed weird.  Sometimes, I thought I lost the feed because it would go dead silent for a couple seconds.  That'll be an adjustment for the radio guys.

But all in all, it felt good.  Felt great to get the win!!

Strong move by the rookie manager. 

Story out of the NY Post says it's about bonus incentives. Doesn't pass the sniff test to me. He's worried about the Mets limiting his ability to supplement his income and responds by turning his back on the guaranteed money?

https://nypost.com/2020/08/02/yoenis-cespedes-confronted-mets-about-playing-time-before-opting-out/

Good riddance. More at bats for younger guys.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, Golden Goat said:

Most GMs don't, and I can't wait. #FBVW

Brodie gets caught blasting Manfred and then backtracks and puts it on Jeff Wilpon. Maybe we won't have to wait until the sale to be rid of him.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29755297/brodie-van-wagenen-critical-rob-manfred-walkout-proposal-just-get-it

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Brodie gets caught blasting Manfred and then backtracks and puts it on Jeff Wilpon. Maybe we won't have to wait until the sale to be rid of him.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29755297/brodie-van-wagenen-critical-rob-manfred-walkout-proposal-just-get-it

From your mouth to...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4702za7nips32t6jn3ec

I really, really want to like this team again.

• Haha (+1) 1