Mets fans?

Another Fan

On 2/17/2020 at 4:09 AM, Gugny said:

Will Tim Tebow just go the ***** away?

Seriously.  This is the fourth year of this stupid ***** ruse.  It's pathetic and it's embarrassing.

I cannot stand that fake ***** and I wish he would just disappear.

Guess I'll have to wait for another phantom "hand injury" to cut his season short, coincidentally aligning with the beginning of college football season.

Could be worse....they could be telling us Cespedes is going to play.  Oh wait....they're doing that too.

I actually don't have any problem with Tebow.

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Could be worse....they could be telling us Cespedes is going to play.  Oh wait....they're doing that too.

I actually don't have any problem with Tebow.

Yeah, I'm done with Cespedes, too.  I've never liked Tebow, back to his college football days.  I know a lot of people like him and to each his own.  I just think the guy is a phony, selfish douchebag.  Every at bat he takes in spring training is one less at bat that a real baseball player isn't getting.  He knows it's marketing and he doesn't give a *****.  He's a dick.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:09 PM, Gugny said:

Yeah, I'm done with Cespedes, too.  I've never liked Tebow, back to his college football days.  I know a lot of people like him and to each his own.  I just think the guy is a phony, selfish douchebag.  Every at bat he takes in spring training is one less at bat that a real baseball player isn't getting.  He knows it's marketing and he doesn't give a *****.  He's a dick.

yeah, but how do you REALLY feel?

The home opener is coming up sooner vs later, March 26th.  So I wonder how many people will call out from work with "Coronavirus like symptoms". ?

When I was a teenager I might have been half tempted too.  But ultimately I wouldn't have went through with it 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Hey, fellas!!!  I hope everyone is healthy and well!

Now for some bad news.  Thor's got a torn UCL.  Tommy John is a comin'.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28948489/mets-noah-syndergaard-expected-undergo-tommy-john-surgery

My friends initial reaction was maybe they knew it was coming and that's why they stock-piled starters. I'm skeptical.

My first thought is it's not a great time to head to a hospital for elective surgery.

Hope all is well with you and yours too! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Hey, fellas!!!  I hope everyone is healthy and well!

Now for some bad news.  Thor's got a torn UCL.  Tommy John is a comin'.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28948489/mets-noah-syndergaard-expected-undergo-tommy-john-surgery

I heard that as well driving home.   Mike Francesa went on some tirade about him getting special treatment for surgery for being an athlete in the current climate.  I didn't feel like listening to him so I turned that off after 2 minutes.

Hope you and fam are good as well along with the other met fans here 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

"Horrible manager" aside, here's hoping for a speedy recovery from COVID-19, Art Howe

I'm still not going to sugar coat it, the Art Howe era (2003-2004) might have been some of the most cringeworthy and awful Mets baseball I recall in my lifetime.  It really wasn't the happiest few years either in my life so maybe that's why I remember it so badly?

But anyway I do recall him being a nice/decent man.  I was saddened to read that.  I hope he recovers 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

"Horrible manager" aside, here's hoping for a speedy recovery from COVID-19, Art Howe

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I'm still not going to sugar coat it, the Art Howe era (2003-2004) might have been some of the most cringeworthy and awful Mets baseball I recall in my lifetime.  It really wasn't the happiest few years either in my life so maybe that's why I remember it so badly?

But anyway I do recall him being a nice/decent man.  I was saddened to read that.  I hope he recovers 

I remember being excited about the hire.  And I remember how quickly I realized it was a terrible hire.  Kinda like Rex Ryan!!!!

But yes .. all the best to Art on a speedy recovery!

• Like (+1) 2