Mets fans?

Another Fan

Just now, Golden Goat said:

It's getting bad for the Mets. Daily News just joined the chorus in calling for his termination. I don't see how a win-now team can weather such a distraction. Also, if we win it all -- I don't want a damn asterisk next to it.

It'll be fascinating to see all three teams fighting for managerial scraps. IMO, this late in the game, we could do much worse than Terry Collins. Knows the team and has playoff and WS experience with said team.

Yeah, now that the dust is settling on the Astros and Cora the NY press has their sights set on Beltran. 

Collins is a great call.

• Like (+1) 1

A defense of Beltran getting fired from an unexpected source - Mike Francesa. Main points were that Texeira and CC should keep their mouths shut because the Yankee teams were loaded with cheats (steroid users) and Beltran shouldn't get fired simply because he lied to the media.  

https://nypost.com/2020/01/16/mike-francesa-calls-out-ex-yankees-for-sign-stealing-criticisms/

I still think the Mets and Beltran should part ways. 

• Like (+1) 1

It probably won’t happen but I’d like to see Carlos just come out and honestly say what happened and why he felt the need to cheat.  And that this stuff is behind him.
Dating back to his player days I was never really a fan but I’d respect him more if he was straight up.  To the point where I’d still say he shouldn’t lose his job for his involvement 

But yeah going back to his intro hire press conference...  he just looks like a dumbass ?.  All glory to God lol 

Edited by Another Fan

27 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

It probably won’t happen but I’d like to see Carlos just come out and honestly say what happened and why he felt the need to cheat.  And that this stuff is behind him.
Dating back to his player days I was never really a fan but I’d respect him more if he was straight up.  To the point where I’d still say he shouldn’t lose his job for his involvement 

But yeah going back to his intro hire press conference...  he just looks like a dumbass ?.  All glory to God lol 

And now it's a done deal. 

Wow. With the details coming out of how sophisticated an operation it was -- likely with buzzers -- thank goodness he's gone. What bums me out is that the Wilpons were still trying to make it work. There should've been no hesitation.

Edited by Golden Goat

32 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Wow. With the details coming out of how sophisticated an operation it was -- likely with buzzers -- thank goodness he's gone. What bums me out is that the Wilpons were still trying to make it work. There should've been no hesitation.

Speculation I've seen about buzzers was for 2019, nothing in Manfred's report about that.

I'm not dismissing the possibility, but right now there's blood in the water and the sharks are circling.

I'll be interested to see what comes out of the Red Sox report.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Speculation I've seen about buzzers was for 2019, nothing in Manfred's report about that.

I'm not dismissing the possibility, but right now there's blood in the water and the sharks are circling.

I'll be interested to see what comes out of the Red Sox report.

His "niece" is 2 for 2 so far, having called Beltran's signing and resignation. It's obviously not his niece. Seems to be someone in the know with an axe to grind against a whole lot of people. The whole thing is just fascinating. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm just glad "strike-three-called" is gone. ?

qt.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

His "niece" is 2 for 2 so far, having called Beltran's signing and resignation. It's obviously not his niece. Seems to be someone in the know with an axe to grind against a whole lot of people. The whole thing is just fascinating. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm just glad "strike-three-called" is gone. ?

qt.jpg

Big time fascinating. And I'm inclined to believe the buzzer story. If true, what would be interesting is if the buzzers came after Cora and Beltran were gone.

Here's a dumb thought: if multiple players had buzzers they must've been on the same frequency right? So when Altuve is getting buzzed at the plate everyone on the bench is too. Gotta find that video where the entire bench flinches all at once.

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

And now it's a done deal. 

Would have preferred he faced the media himself.  I think he still might have been able to salvage his job if he gutted out a tough media blitz today.  

Speaking of which I was listening to Francesa's take on this on the way home.  I haven't actually read the report or understand how deeply involved Carlos was in it.  But Mike thought a reason he stepped down was the media.  He was never exactly an outgoing guy and this part of the job would have been difficult for him already.  With this going on it would have been hell/unbearable for him.  And not being an outgoing person myself I could relate to that.  Interfacing with people all day can be exhausting.    

But I'm pretty much past this already 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Would have preferred he faced the media himself.  I think he still might have been able to salvage his job if he gutted out a tough media blitz today.  

Speaking of which I was listening to Francesa's take on this on the way home.  I haven't actually read the report or understand how deeply involved Carlos was in it.  But Mike thought a reason he stepped down was the media.  He was never exactly an outgoing guy and this part of the job would have been difficult for him already.  With this going on it would have been hell/unbearable for him.  And not being an outgoing person myself I could relate to that.  Interfacing with people all day can be exhausting.    

But I'm pretty much past this already 

I heard Francesa too, but I'm not buying that Beltran stepped down because of the media. I think Beltran came clean with the Mets and/or MLB provided specifics to the Mets about Beltrans's involvment that never made it into the report.

I am absolutely ecstatic about Luis Rojas.  WAY better hire than Beltran was.  He's got the pedigree, been around baseball his entire life, coached and managed and has been with the Mets for over 12 years.

LOVE THIS HIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling it now ... Rojas is manager of the year next year.

#LFGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

I am absolutely ecstatic about Luis Rojas.  WAY better hire than Beltran was.  He's got the pedigree, been around baseball his entire life, coached and managed and has been with the Mets for over 12 years.

LOVE THIS HIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling it now ... Rojas is manager of the year next year.

#LFGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's nice to see a positive outlook on the hire. There's a lot of concern that Rojas will just be Brody's puppet. And we'll have to wait and see if he can handle the media, let alone whether he's a good in-game manager. As for pedigree, are you aware that he's the cousin of Mel Rojas? :lol:

I'm in wait and see mode, I don't enough about this guy to form a judgement yet.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 5:27 PM, SinceThe70s said:

No clue whether this is for real or just a negotiating ploy, but the talk radio story of the day is that the Cohen/Mets deal may be in jeopardy:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/04/billionaire-steve-cohens-bid-to-buy-mets-is-on-life-support/

I knew it was too good to be true.  No reason for hope until the Wilpons are dead.

• Sad 1

Will Tim Tebow just go the ***** away?

Seriously.  This is the fourth year of this stupid ***** ruse.  It's pathetic and it's embarrassing.

I cannot stand that fake ***** and I wish he would just disappear.

Guess I'll have to wait for another phantom "hand injury" to cut his season short, coincidentally aligning with the beginning of college football season.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:51 AM, Golden Goat said:

What the strike started, the Astros finished off. I've lost interest in baseball. Hope it's just a phase.

I hope it's just a phase, too, man.  We have a great year of baseball ahead of us.