Mets fans?

Another Fan

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Gug..early on it was a numbers game..he was low on the depth chart..you couldn't let Nimms ride the pine..Smith was ready for full time play as well.

He's a prime example of why you need a deep bench...162 games is a long haul.

Playoffs start tomorrow night..enjoy...we got hot at the right time and no true baseball fan would have believed that we would go out and get a "Stroman".

P.S.-once we get Nimms and Dom back..I think Lagares is going to have to clear waivers to get to Syracuse...I think he's finished.

Davis should have been the 3B all year.  Frazier sucks balls.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Davis should have been the 3B all year.  Frazier sucks balls.

I understand where you're coming from but his large contract plays a roll.. not to mention the fact about his tightness w/Mick.

It's in the past Gug..

The season starts tomorrow.

Think positive bro.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

I understand where you're coming from but his large contract plays a roll.. not to mention the fact about his tightness w/Mick.

It's in the past Gug..

The season starts tomorrow.

Think positive bro.

Like hell, I will.  I am DONE with this team!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

It might be time to Panik

With Canowww maybe done for the year, this could happen today or tomorrow. Dude's got World Series experience and was a stud not too long ago. Maybe a change of scenery -- like coming back home to Flushing -- brings back some luster. He has to clear waivers first.

Best line I've heard so far: Panik in the Citi!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

It might be time to Panik

With Canowww maybe done for the year, this could happen today or tomorrow. Dude's got World Series experience and was a stud not too long ago. Maybe a change of scenery -- like coming back home to Flushing -- brings back some luster. He has to clear waivers first.

Anybody has to be a upgrade over Hechavarria/Guillorme right now.

I was at the game last night. It was an electric factory. My voice is sore and my hands hurt from all the high fives. It was funny because a lot of my section left after the pass ball by Ramos in the top of the 9th. The guys in front of us and myself told them they would miss an epic comeback. Once Frazier made contact we knew it was fair and gone, I was right there above the foul pole in left field. After that everyone knew the game was going to end in the bottom of the 9th. 

After Ed Kranepool's speech before the game honoring the '69 Mets it been crazy and I love every moment of this. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s certainly not how I thought this year would go down.  It you asked me at the beginning of the year though where I thought the team would be at that point I’d probably say where they are.  A few games above .500 and fighting for the wild card 

16 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Is it possible Mick lost track of what inning it was? Matz was at 79 pitches and had retired 14 straight but Mick trusts his bullpen to hold a one run lead for 3 innings?

Pulling a dominant starter after six ***** innings -- the idiocy of modern managing on full display.   Silver lining when they miss the playoffs is they might just fire this moron.

If my mother was still alive she would have lost her mind.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, SinceThe70s said:

Ruben Tejada is on his way to Atlanta in case they put McNeil on the shelf.

Ruh roh.

Blast from the past!    ***** you Chase Utley!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I think last night is an example of how even after the Nationals series at home...  most of us weren't going to fully embrace this team.

In the sense that they could still be dangerous this year 

True and false for me. I haven't fully embraced the team because I think the bullpen will be their downfall. The win the night before was  indicative of what scares me (bullpen barely holding a 7 run lead)  moreso than last nights loss (no hitting).

What's encouraging is having a legit starter every day of the week. Win the next two and we can forget last night.

LFGM!!

• Like (+1) 2