Mets fans?

Another Fan

9 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm very surprised with the lack of interest by you fellas.

This place is dead...

I didn't want to jinx them. It seems like every other day we leap frog someone in the standings. 

A few weeks ago I though that getting back to .500 by the end of the season would be a stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Watched before games while working ?

I had a feeling if familia held it down in the second game we could come back. JD needs to be in the lineup full-time imo. 

Agree about JD,especially since Mac is back at 2nd.

On a negative note...Lagares needs to spend more time in the cage...it looks like he lost confidence in himself.

5 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Rosie and Conforto get a rest tonight..mac back to RF .

Gary just mentioned that Mickey says that starting Friday it's 'full bore' with regard to time off for the starters.

Barring a melt down we'll go into the weekend series against the Nats above .500 and throwing Stroman, Thor and DeGrom at them.  After that we continue to face contenders for the foreseeable future.

We'll have to wait and see how the bullpen holds up, but as Alonso would say LFGM! 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Gary just mentioned that Mickey says that starting Friday it's 'full bore' with regard to time off for the starters.

Barring a melt down we'll go into the weekend series against the Nats above .500 and throwing Stroman, Thor and DeGrom at them.  After that we continue to face contenders for the foreseeable future.

We'll have to wait and see how the bullpen holds up, but as Alonso would say LFGM! 

When was the last time we saw Wheeler look so relaxed?

52 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I'm superstitious.

They seem to play better when I don't contribute to this thread.  

Me too.

Against my better judgement, I dipped my toe into the deep end of the pool during the game tonight suggesting the Mets might go into the weekend series against the Nats over .500. 

Jump in, the waters great!

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 8/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Agree about JD,especially since Mac is back at 2nd.

On a negative note...Lagares needs to spend more time in the cage...it looks like he lost confidence in himself.

Man, didn’t even realize I typed before instead of both. 

14 hour overnights will do that ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Man, didn’t even realize I typed before instead of both. 

14 hour overnights will do that ?

No doubt he has joined Frazier as a clubhouse leader..these sure are happy days...I heard Mickey wants to take Tim Healey out for a nice supper...ha..joking.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:50 AM, Captain Murica said:

Watched both games while working ?

I had a feeling if familia held it down in the second game we could come back. JD needs to be in the lineup full-time imo. 

JD should have been in the lineup all season.  Callaway is horrible.

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

JD should have been in the lineup all season.  Callaway is horrible.

Gug..early on it was a numbers game..he was low on the depth chart..you couldn't let Nimms ride the pine..Smith was ready for full time play as well.

He's a prime example of why you need a deep bench...162 games is a long haul.

Playoffs start tomorrow night..enjoy...we got hot at the right time and no true baseball fan would have believed that we would go out and get a "Stroman".

P.S.-once we get Nimms and Dom back..I think Lagares is going to have to clear waivers to get to Syracuse...I think he's finished.

• Like (+1) 1