Mets fans?

Another Fan

55 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I missed your takes...a few other things happened.Font went to Toronto for cash and the suit had a short presser that was worthless.

We ended up giving up a 19 year old prospect that throws 95 mph to the Rays for Font which turned into cash.. It’s such a bad look. 

Catalina is 6-foot-6, just turned 19 and has a fastball that hits 95 mph. The #Mets signed him for $150,000 out of the Dominican Republic last year.

The Mets gave up his young potential and intrigue for 15 games from Font.

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

We ended up giving up a 19 year old prospect that throws 95 mph to the Rays for Font which turned into cash.. It’s such a bad look. 

Catalina is 6-foot-6, just turned 19 and has a fastball that hits 95 mph. The #Mets signed him for $150,000 out of the Dominican Republic last year.

The Mets gave up his young potential and intrigue for 15 games from Font.

I stopped following Kelenic in single A ball,he was another solid future stud.

Thankfully the suit didn't move McNeil or Alonso in the off season,you know he thinking about it.

11 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not gloating here about Matt Harvey, it's a shame how far he's fallen, I can remember when he looked destined for greatness and a big fear was that he'd  flee to the Yankees as soon as he had a chance. I will gloat about the Angels giving him $11 mill.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/matt-harvey-designated-for-assignment-by-angels/

This is actually the first time I thought of him this year.  I guess Brodie's moves have been my main focus.

It's too bad he didn't want to just polish up some things in the minors last year.  I'm not saying that he'd be back to 2013 form but I'm thinking all this might have been prevented.  

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

This is actually the first time I thought of him this year.  I guess Brodie's moves have been my main focus.

It's too bad he didn't want to just polish up some things in the minors last year.  I'm not saying that he'd be back to 2013 form but I'm thinking all this might have been prevented.  

Yeah, this came out of the blue for me too. I had completely forgotten about him and the $11 mill contract. We got out at the right time IMO. There was just too much potential to give up on him before we did.

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I haven't watched any of this Giants series but it sure seems we can easily be going for the sweep today.  

Cano is benched again today.After we saw him beat his chest last Saturday evening..he's 3 for 21.

Facts are facts...

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I haven't watched any of this Giants series but it sure seems we can easily be going for the sweep today.  

? Not understand this..

I guess it really didn’t matter much but that bothered me Diaz only pitched 1 inning.  He had only 11 pitches and has off tomorrow.  As I said not sure that would’ve changed the outcome but still....  You wonder if the suit is behind that

I just found out that was Yaz’s grandson who got the wining hit.  Didn’t even know he was in the league until today 

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Seemed like the 1st 2 games of the series were very winnable.  

A 9 inning win and 3 extra inning losses.

As much as I want to rip the bullpen, the Mets scored 1 run in 11 extra innings and 4 runs in the 38 innings that made up the three losses.

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Well at least he seems to be trying to get help so that's good.

Straw it seems has been able to be clean and sober for a while now 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Well at least he seems to be trying to get help so that's good.

Straw it seems has been able to be clean and sober for a while now 

Doc has always come off as a likable, down to earth person. I sincerely hope he continues to battle and is able to overcome his demons.

11 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Only fair I should give Cano props when he has a night like he just had.  

Maybe there's still something salvageable there 

We better hope so. I don't think anyone predicted the drop off we saw in the first half.

• Like (+1) 1

Mets are 5 games out of the Wild Card.

Alonso writes an open letter to fans.  Signs it with "LFGM."  I love it.

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/pete-alonso-pens-letter-rally-new-york-mets-fans

"The boys are hot and we’ve been working our asses off. Hard work has been really paying off this second half. The rest of the season is going to be a really fun, wild and memorable ride.

"Our goal is to make history. We strive every day to be great and nothing less.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Mets are 5 games out of the Wild Card.

Alonso writes an open letter to fans.  Signs it with "LFGM."  I love it.

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/pete-alonso-pens-letter-rally-new-york-mets-fans

"The boys are hot and we’ve been working our asses off. Hard work has been really paying off this second half. The rest of the season is going to be a really fun, wild and memorable ride.

"Our goal is to make history. We strive every day to be great and nothing less.”

It's been a honor and a pleasure watching him and McNeil play this season.. It's comical that the suit said they were no "locks" to make the club.

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

It's been a honor and a pleasure watching him and McNeil play this season.. It's comical that the suit said they were no "locks" to make the club.

Comical, indeed.