Mets fans?

Another Fan

13 hours ago, KD in CA said:

First instinct was right.  WTF were they doing trading for an over the hill paycheck player like Cano?

No biggie -- They only traded the heart of their farm system.

I have a different question: WTF were they doing hiring an agent as a GM?

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

No biggie -- They only traded the heart of their farm system.

I have a different question: WTF were they doing hiring an agent as a GM?

But he did hire Riggleman,GG. If he waits until we drop out by 10....he'll be getting death threats.

My son/nug told me on the phone today..  if he would see him .. "I would punch him in the head".

We all need to calm down...two things need to happen..Callaway out..and trade for some pen help.

The trade was horrible..but he has a chance to get this team up a notch and shine his testicles.

Don't give up yet...

Kevin

P.S.-since day one..I never thought Mickey had 100 % of the clubhouse...DiSarcina sure didn't help matters.

I’d consider trading Thor at this point.  Last year still no and definitely hell no on the Yankee deal.

Hes been okay this year.  Not really performing up to what he can imo.  His attitude as well hasn’t seemed the greatest 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, Another Fan said:

Okay....

https://nypost.com/2019/05/31/mets-analyst-nelson-figueroa-fired-from-sny/

I wonder if a lawsuit will pend 

On 6/4/2019 at 1:30 PM, Misterbluesky said:

I liked him but life goes on.

Just reading this.  Very sad.  I think Figgy was the next best thing to Darling.  I was wondering why he wasn't in the booth instead of Ziele (who was horrible, but tried).

Saw this headline: "Rocker saves Vandy's year with no-hitter, 19 K's" and thought to myself .... sweet Christ, no ... please tell me that idiot didn't procreate!!!

When I opened the article and saw a pic of the kid, my worries instantly vanished.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/baseball/story/_/id/26931322/rocker-saves-vandy-year-no-hitter-19-ks

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just reading this.  Very sad.  I think Figgy was the next best thing to Darling.  I was wondering why he wasn't in the booth instead of Ziele (who was horrible, but tried).

Yeah I remember as a player he didn't have a happy ending either here.  I know being from Brooklyn he grew up a Mets fan and after playing overseas many years he got to start some games with them.  I think around 2008ish?

I know he had some good starts but one game he called the Nationals a bunch of softball girls or something like that after he had a bad start.  Uncalled for but I think he was cut for the year after that game.  Then he made it back in 2009 but cut again.

I feel bad for him too.  Kinda stinks to keep getting  shaded by the team you grew up rooting for.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Saw this headline: "Rocker saves Vandy's year with no-hitter, 19 K's" and thought to myself .... sweet Christ, no ... please tell me that idiot didn't procreate!!!

When I opened the article and saw a pic of the kid, my worries instantly vanished.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/baseball/story/_/id/26931322/rocker-saves-vandy-year-no-hitter-19-ks

I had a similar reaction to the headline except when I opened the link the first thing I saw was the kids name was Kumar and there's no way John Rocker named his kid Kumar.

Rocker was a d!ck but at the time Mets/Braves was a great rivalry and he added to it. I loved hating the guy.

4 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Why do we seem to win when Can-owww isn't in the lineup?

And why do we always have a guy on a multi-year deal that we can't wait to get rid of. Bay, (sadly) Wright, Cespedes, Cano. The curse of Bonilla?

• Like (+1) 1

Why no draft talk this year? Not interested in discussing the guys we'll trade for aging vets next winter? ?

1st Round, No. 12 overall: Brett Baty, IF, Lake Travis (Texas) HS
2nd Round, No. 53 overall: Josh Wolf, RHP, St. Thomas (Texas) HS
3rd Round, No. 89 overall: Matthew Allan, RHP, Seminole (Fla.) HS

Consensus is we had a great draft if our selected players sign. Fantasy Pros gave us the highest grade, FWIW. ?‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Why no draft talk this year? Not interested in discussing the guys we'll trade for aging vets next winter? ?

1st Round, No. 12 overall: Brett Baty, IF, Lake Travis (Texas) HS
2nd Round, No. 53 overall: Josh Wolf, RHP, St. Thomas (Texas) HS
3rd Round, No. 89 overall: Matthew Allan, RHP, Seminole (Fla.) HS

Consensus is we had a great draft if our selected players sign. Fantasy Pros gave us the highest grade, FWIW. ?‍♂️

I'm not dialed in to the farm system or draft. Appreciate the info from you and others - wasn't aware of the high grade.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Rocker was a d!ck but at the time Mets/Braves was a great rivalry and he added to it. I loved hating the guy.

Among the top 10 pieces of ***** to ever wear a Major League uniform. I'll never forgive, nor forget what that inbred mother***** said about my hometown...

"Imagine having to take the [Number] 7 train to the ballpark, looking like you’re [riding through] Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some ***** with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It’s depressing."

Edited by Golden Goat

3 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Among the top 10 pieces of ***** to ever wear a Major League uniform. I'll never forgive, nor forget what that inbred mother***** said about my hometown...

"Imagine having to take the [Number] 7 train to the ballpark, looking like you’re [riding through] Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some ***** with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It’s depressing."

At the time he stood out as a classless d-bag amongst a group of respected vets (Chipper, Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, Andruw, Lopez,...). But for a short period of time he brought it as a lights out closer. Glad it didn't last.

Speaking of Rocker, the guy Jeff Pearlman who did that article on him back when for Sports Illustrated wrote this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Guys-Won-Championship-Uniform/dp/0062097636

Imo as with the Rocker article he’s a little on the sensationalism side.  Still it’s a decent read.  Recommended for all Mets fans over the age of 18 ?

On 6/9/2019 at 9:39 PM, Golden Goat said:

He is just another ignorant redneck.  Sadly, if he was to say those same exact things today, he'd be celebrated because his kind are out there and they are proud.

Definitely agree that he is in the top 10 pieces of *****.

One more:

In January 2013, Rocker wrote in the conservative website WorldNetDaily that the Holocaust could have been prevented if there were not gun control laws in Germany at the time:

Absolute certainties are a rare thing in this life, but one I think can be collectively agreed upon is the undeniable fact that the Holocaust would have never taken place had the Jewish citizenry of Hitler's Germany had the right to bear arms and defended themselves with those arms.[18]

Speaking of jerks, I think I dislike this guy more than Rocker.  I’m loathe to use the word hate like he does below:

https://sports.yahoo.com/once-again-chase-utley-confirms-141544672.html?bcmt=1

Utley admits he hates the Mets.  I mean someone like Chipper Jones I kinda could respect.  At least he never broke someone’s leg 

32 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Speaking of jerks, I think I dislike this guy more than Rocker.  I’m loathe to use the word hate like he does below:

https://sports.yahoo.com/once-again-chase-utley-confirms-141544672.html?bcmt=1

Utley admits he hates the Mets.  I mean someone like Chipper Jones I kinda could respect.  At least he never broke someone’s leg 

Utley was cut from the same cloth as guys like Ty Cobb and Pete Rose. By no means did his career compare to theirs, but they all played on the edge. Rose wrecked Ray Fosse in a freaking All Star game. 

The one thing I'll say about Utley's "old school" style is that when the Mets finally got around to drilling him the next year he put his head down, kept his mouth shut and walked to first. He was a douche but understood what was coming. 

Pitchers like Gibson and Drysdale were merciless throwing at batters. In the WS, Thor throws one a foot over a guys head and nearly over the plate and it's a big deal. Gibson and Drysdale would have laughed at that attempt at a brush-back pitch. 

BTW, eff Utley!! :D

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm starting to long for the days when Josh Edgin was an option out of the bullpen.

Yeah the critiques of Mickey and how he uses the bullpen are fair.  At the same time though is that Mickey's fault Diaz can't close out games?  Is that too much to ask of him.  I mean that's why he got signed as this superior closer.

I mean I suppose you can make an argument as well Familia shouldn't have pitched in the 7th.  At the same time though is that too much to ask from him to hold a 1 run lead?  

Frustrating.  

Edited by Another Fan