Mets fans?

Another Fan

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Uninspiring pretty much sums up Mickeys tenure as Mets manager. 

I don't know that changing the manager will make a big difference, but now is as good a time as any to move on.

At this point, what can it hurt?  Give the reigns to Riggleman, who has prior experience managing.  Hope for the best.  But Mick, as great a guy as he seems, has been in over his head from literally almost day one.

I'll never forget the batting out of order debacle.  That was the first major red flag ... followed by many others.

• Like (+1) 1

At this point I really don't get too worked over losses.  The only thing I found a bit grating was the post game show if any of you guys watched it.  Mickey was making excuses for Cano's lack of hustling as did Cano.  Jim Duqette called them both out for it.  

• Like (+1) 2

VW gives Mickey a vote of confidence.

Lugo to the injured list

Cespedes fractured his ankle in a non-baseball related activity on his ranch in Florida.

The hits just keep coming. Well everywhere except on the ball field.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

VW gives Mickey a vote of confidence.

Lugo to the injured list

Cespedes fractured his ankle in a non-baseball related activity on his ranch in Florida.

The hits just keep coming. Well everywhere except on the ball field.

48 million for Cespedes and Cano.I really liked Cano's hustle over the weekend...what a joke.

• Sad 1

Alonso hits a moon shot close to but way over the foul pole and the HR gets upheld on replay.

Gary was emphatic during the replay that the Citi Field foul poles are much shorter than other stadiums. Never heard that before. Seems like that should be a standard. Probably obstructed someones view of Venus home plate from the Acela Club (or whatever they call it these days).

Current injury list includes: Conforto, McNeil, Cano, Nimmo, Lowrie.

Have to give VW credit for having a backup plan and guys like the J.D. Davis, Carlos Gomez, Rajai Davis, Hechevarria and (I cannot believe I'm typing this) Dom Smith ready to step in. And he still has Danny Espinosa and Gregor Blanco in Syracuse. 

• Like (+1) 1