Mets fans?

Another Fan

Per those Tom Petty lyrics, Even the loser gets lucky sometimes....   I mean I guess the Marlins were due to get a win.

Still as of the 5th inning the offense looks asleep.  I don't worry about DeGrom yet but he's not the pitcher of last year.  

No way, ever, the Mets should lose to the Marlins with deGrom on the mound.  This one's on Jake.  Sometimes you're the pigeon; sometimes you're the statue.  One of those games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Per those Tom Petty lyrics, Even the loser gets lucky sometimes....   I mean I guess the Marlins were due to get a win.

Still as of the 5th inning the offense looks asleep.  I don't worry about DeGrom yet but he's not the pitcher of last year.  

Marlins had scored 8 runs in their last 7 games. So 7 against DeGrom was a no brainer, amirite?

Plenty not to like about the Mets so far but I still feel good about this team. I'd  feel better with a new manager, but I think if that happens it will mean that my good feeling is long since gone.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

No way, ever, the Mets should lose to the Marlins with deGrom on the mound.  This one's on Jake.  Sometimes you're the pigeon; sometimes you're the statue.  One of those games.

17 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Marlins had scored 8 runs in their last 7 games. So 7 against DeGrom was a no brainer, amirite?

Plenty not to like about the Mets so far but I still feel good about this team. I'd  feel better with a new manager, but I think if that happens it will mean that my good feeling is long since gone.

I'm beginning to wonder if Ramos isn't part of the problem.

5 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm beginning to wonder if Ramos isn't part of the problem.

That is great point, hadn't thought of that.

There was a game early in the season where DeGrom was shaking off D'Arnaud on seemingly every pitch and I thought that was a problem.

I'm more concerned that DeGrom is tipping pitches but the catcher angle is intriguing.

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

That is great point, hadn't thought of that.

There was a game early in the season where DeGrom was shaking off D'Arnaud on seemingly every pitch and I thought that was a problem.

I'm more concerned that DeGrom is tipping pitches but the catcher angle is intriguing.

Just speaking from my own memory, it seems that when Nido is behind the plate, we have better pitching.  Dude just can't hit.  But if we keep spotting teams 5 runs, that really doesn't matter.

If the Marlins sweep us, Callaway should be let go.  Is that the answer?  Maybe not.  But he is certainly a big part of the problem.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

If the Marlins sweep us, Callaway should be let go.  Is that the answer?  Maybe not.  But he is certainly a big part of the problem.

From a personal standpoint I like Callaway.  Seems like a decent man

It would be nice though for him to show whatever Billy Martin blood he may have in him.  His press conferences are always we're still battling, we left it all out on the field, were gonna keep going at it, etc...    So generic 

58 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

From a personal standpoint I like Callaway.  Seems like a decent man

It would be nice though for him to show whatever Billy Martin blood he may have in him.  His press conferences are always we're still battling, we left it all out on the field, were gonna keep going at it, etc...    So generic 

From what I can see, he seems to be a great guy.  He's simply not a good manager.

• Like (+1) 2

Swept by a team that's not even trying to win.  Three hits in 18 innings of baseball against the worst team in the league.  That, my friends, is uninspired baseball.

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Swept by a team that's not even trying to win.  Three hits in 18 innings of baseball against the worst team in the league.  That, my friends, is uninspired baseball.

Uninspiring pretty much sums up Mickeys tenure as Mets manager. 

I don't know that changing the manager will make a big difference, but now is as good a time as any to move on.

• Thank you (+1) 1