Mets fans?

Another Fan

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

He'll be pitching in front of his family tonight.

First inning it looked like he was back to being too scared to throw a strike. Got out of the inning and I shifted to hockey. Nice to see he made it through 6, I'll take that as a positive.

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

First inning it looked like he was back to being too scared to throw a strike. Got out of the inning and I shifted to hockey. Nice to see he made it through 6, I'll take that as a positive.

Definitely positive. He wasn't dominant but he was good.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

His performance will probably look Seaver like to you after you watch Vargas throw tonight.

I think we are in for a long night....

The silver lining is we only had to watch Vargas get one out.  Plus he got Mickey ejected. Things are looking up for the rest of the night.

12 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/baseball/mets/robinson-cano-mets-slump-1.29767050

He had a great opening day with the Mets on the other hand so did Mike Bordick...

I think Cano will be all right but have to say I’m a little nervous 

Lower in the article is a mention of Darling's medical leave. He's had a rough few weeks. Hope he's OK.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:44 PM, Golden Goat said:

When I saw this, I thought of my niece going, "Mommy, Mommy... LOOK! I WENT POTTY!!!" It'd be quite an accomplishment... if she wasn't 15!

Way to act like you've been there before, Chris. ?

Quite a dubious honor indeed.

7 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Oh HELL YEAH, I'll take a win like this over the Filthies ANY DAY!!! First place, baby! ??

How are we gonna keep McNeil in the lineup?  Play of the game at third. If he doesn't make that play Familia's outing looks even worse than it was - and there was nothing good to say about it to begin with.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

How are we gonna keep McNeil in the lineup?  Play of the game at third. If he doesn't make that play Familia's outing looks even worse than it was - and there was nothing good to say about it to begin with.

Mick's hands are tied and we know that...too see McNeil pack his bags and head west would be sickening and would probably cost us a solid playoff run.I highly,HIGHLY doubt either Cano and or Frazier would put up better numbers than he would....and I don't mean meaningless home runs throughout the season.

In addition...if Mick takes AB's away from Alonso/Smith to be "courtesy guy" to Frazier for seniority reasons....I'll punch a hole in a wall...I can see that happening.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:52 PM, Misterbluesky said:

What's the story on Conlon,did he straight up leave Syracuse????

crickets.....

Edited by Misterbluesky

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Mick's hands are tied and we know that...too see McNeil pack his bags and head west would be sickening and would probably cost us a solid playoff run.I highly,HIGHLY doubt either Cano and or Frazier would put up better numbers than he would....and I don't mean meaningless home runs throughout the season.

In addition...if Mick takes AB's away from Alonso/Smith to be "courtesy guy" to Frazier for seniority reasons....I'll punch a hole in a wall...I can see that happening.

crickets.....

LOL on the crickets :) 

I honestly don't keep up to date on the minor league team and the prospects. I have no idea where Conlon is these days. 

I think McNeil is solidifying his spot on the Major League roster as our Ben Zobrist type. He'll play a good deal but not have a set position. But how they manage the return of Frazier and then Lowrie will probably cause some agita...especially if they don't play well.

23 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Beat the Matz -- Beat the Matz -- Step right up and BEAT THE MATZ!!!

Eight earned runs without an out? ?

Lol!  

Apparently Bobby Jones had an outing this bad back in September of 1997 but I have no memory of that whatsoever.  There's only been like 5 pitchers ever that didn't give up an out that had 8 plus runs charges 

• Like (+1) 1