Mets fans?

Another Fan

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I saw that..that's as odd as the organization welcoming Conlon back and waving good bye to Borenstein.So much for David taking a break...baseball is in his blood and guts..I love it.

On another note: Ronnie dropped a strange comment about the two latest trades,he said they add needed depth...he went on and told Russo he thought the second half minor league call ups involved true minor league players that are not full time MLB players...I took that comment as basically calling McNeil a career farm guy.Just one more sign that Mick is going to give Smith every opportunity to win the first base job,even though Alonso was never called up....

Edited by Misterbluesky
Smith

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

The Mets signed 34 year old infielder Jed Lowrie to a 2 year deal. Predominantly a second baseman.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/jed-lowrie-luis-avilan-sign-1.25787612

Somebody explain this to me. Cano gonna get suspended again? McNeil about to get traded or likes to hit women? I am at a total loss.

McNeil is officially buried now...what a shame.

Or Frazier is going to be traded.

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

The Mets signed 34 year old infielder Jed Lowrie to a 2 year deal. Predominantly a second baseman.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/jed-lowrie-luis-avilan-sign-1.25787612

Somebody explain this to me. Cano gonna get suspended again? McNeil about to get traded or likes to hit women? I am at a total loss.

12 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

McNeil is officially buried now...what a shame.

Or Frazier is going to be traded.

All good theories.

My HOPE is that Lowrie was brought in to fill the void left by Wilmer Flores' departure.  We all know how Callaway refuses to put the same lineup on the field two days in a row (maybe he's a Grateful Dead fan), so perhaps this is for flexibility.

I would be perfectly fine with McNeil at 3B and Cano at 2B, with Lowrie spelling each of them.  I like Frazier's leadership, but if we can get more production, I say do it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

All good theories.

My HOPE is that Lowrie was brought in to fill the void left by Wilmer Flores' departure.  We all know how Callaway refuses to put the same lineup on the field two days in a row (maybe he's a Grateful Dead fan), so perhaps this is for flexibility.

I would be perfectly fine with McNeil at 3B and Cano at 2B, with Lowrie spelling each of them.  I like Frazier's leadership, but if we can get more production, I say do it.

If Frazier isn't unloaded,his .220-25 ish BA won't be tolerated,that's for sure.Add another rumor into this drama...some in the inner circle are saying McNeil is going to play some CF in ST.

Stay tuned.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

If Frazier isn't unloaded,his .220-25 ish BA won't be tolerated,that's for sure.Add another rumor into this drama...some in the inner circle are saying McNeil is going to play some CF in ST.

Stay tuned.

This will piss me off to no end.  I've already had enough of Callaway playing people out of position.  It will really, really piss me off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Stay tuned.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This will piss me off to no end.  I've already had enough of Callaway playing people out of position.  It will really, really piss me off.

Since they signed Lowrie, there are a lot of reports floating around about McNeil playing some OF,  but it's nothing new.

When Wilpon, VW and Mickey went on WFAN they talked about McNeil being able to play in the outfield.

Also: https://nypost.com/2018/12/12/mickey-callaway-reveals-jeff-mcneils-role-on-new-look-mets/

If he can play adequately at different positions McNeil could be like Zobrist. If he plays LF like Todd Hundley, "check please!".

I do hope they can move Frazier, I'm with you blue...that batting average is a boat anchor.

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Since they signed Lowrie, there are a lot of reports floating around about McNeil playing some OF,  but it's nothing new.

When Wilpon, VW and Mickey went on WFAN they talked about McNeil being able to play in the outfield.

Also: https://nypost.com/2018/12/12/mickey-callaway-reveals-jeff-mcneils-role-on-new-look-mets/

If he can play adequately at different positions McNeil could be like Zobrist. If he plays LF like Todd Hundley, "check please!".

I do hope they can move Frazier, I'm with you blue...that batting average is a boat anchor.

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of this crap.

If we need an outfielder (we do), then go get a mother ***** outfielder.  Don't make one of our infielders a ***** outfielder.

Get an outfielder.  Dump Frazier.  Put McNeil at 3B.  Make Lowrie the new Wilmer and play some ***** baseball the right way.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of this crap.

If we need an outfielder (we do), then go get a mother ***** outfielder.  Don't make one of our infielders a ***** outfielder.

Get an outfielder.  Dump Frazier.  Put McNeil at 3B.  Make Lowrie the new Wilmer and play some ***** baseball the right way.

I don't think they're making him an outfielder. More like a Super Joe McEwing jack-of-all trades guy. 

That said I agree with your plan, except I don't think we're bringing in another outfielder.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I don't think they're making him an outfielder. More like a Super Joe McEwing jack-of-all trades guy. 

That said I agree with your plan, except I don't think we're bringing in another outfielder.

At this stage of the winter...

My needs:

One more arm for the pen,I hate the idea of having Conlon getting that role.

5/6 starter....I have a bad feeling about Vargas this year.

So..they will probably add another outfielder.

• Haha (+1) 1

This came as a breath of fresh air to me. Quotes from an article about new Mets hitting coach Chili Davis, link to article below:

"Chili Davis will be just fine with the Mets swinging for the fences less frequently this season."

"The veteran hitting coach, hired last month by the Mets as part of manager Mickey Callaway’s retooled staff, will be preaching contact this spring"

https://nypost.com/2019/01/11/chili-davis-pushing-mets-to-old-school-controversial-hitting-approach/

Kind of amazing that putting the ball in play is considered "controversial" in some circles. Probably just the NY Post headline writers, but it's still nauseating.

Despite it being an active off season I still have my doubts.  The 2002 off season comes to mind.  At the time it looked a lot of solid pickups that offseason but that year turned out to be a disaster.  Roberto Alomar, Mo Vaughn, Kevin Appier, Roger Cedeno, etc...

Of course I hope to be shown wrong as some dumb cynical poster. 

Edited by Another Fan