Mets fans?

Another Fan

21 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

More proof why Smith is not going to be a Met much longer.

We seriously have not had a legitimate first baseman since Hernandez.

That is sad.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

Ike Davis being one of the biggest busts ...I bought into that lanky kid..hook,line and sinker.

Dude.  Me, too.  I LOVED Ike.  Man, did he go downhill fast.  I was also a believer in Dom Smith.  Shame on me.

27 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ike Davis being one of the biggest busts ...I bought into that lanky kid..hook,line and sinker.

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Dude.  Me, too.  I LOVED Ike.  Man, did he go downhill fast.  I was also a believer in Dom Smith.  Shame on me.

Remember Ike's head over heels catches by the dugout?

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Remember Ike's head over heels catches by the dugout?

Definitely.  The kid just seemed to have "it."

I think he fooled all Mets fans.

10 hours ago, Another Fan said:

John Olerud?  Granted he really wasn’t here very long 

This is a good call. He was very underrated as a player and one of my favorite Mets growing up. 

Also, Delgado was solid for 3 seasons with the Mets. 

27 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

This is a good call. He was very underrated as a player and one of my favorite Mets growing up. 

Delgado is another good call.

I took a look at Hernandez' stats.  He actually had 4 "solid" seasons (playing 100+ games) as a Met. 

With Olerud and Delgado each having three, I'll take back my assertion that we haven't had a legitimate 1B since Hernandez.

I would, however, like to have a guy (like Hernandez) to be our 1B for 6-7 years and get a solid 4-5 out of those.  Here's to hoping it's Alonso!

32 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yeah John was always memorable to me because of the helmet he wore in the field.  Plus he took the 7 train at times to the stadium 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:06 AM, Gugny said:

Wheeler, I get.  Wilmer, I hope they think long and hard.

The sooner they get rid of Familia, the better, IMO.  And I love Cabrera, but it makes good business sense to trade him.

I hope they keep Jake, Thor, Matz, Gsellman and Lugo.

Pure speculation on my part but I can easily see Cabbie going back to the Indians.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Pure speculation on my part but I can easily see Cabbie going back to the Indians.

I would love that, both for him and for Cleveland.

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah John was always memorable to me because of the helmet he wore in the field.  Plus he took the 7 train at times to the stadium 

I love to hear stories like this. I remember when players were approachable when we played ST at Al Lang Stadium...the players and even guys like Rube Walker would chat with fans out in the hot,not so private,parking lot after games.Thanks to my pop and our family trips down to ST.Pete nearly every spring,i have myself one hell of a autograph book.Our son is coming up for a visit in September...I plan on gifting him the book since he's the collector type. 

43 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I love to hear stories like this. I remember when players were approachable when we played ST at Al Lang Stadium...the players and even guys like Rube Walker would chat with fans out in the hot,not so private,parking lot after games.Thanks to my pop and our family trips down to ST.Pete nearly every spring,i have myself one hell of a autograph book.Our son is coming up for a visit in September...I plan on gifting him the book since he's the collector type. 

Rube Walker? I haven't heard that name in ages. Just looked it up and he was the Mets pitching coach for 14 seasons ('68 through '81).

Very cool about the autograph book and your son. You must have some great ones in there. 

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Rube Walker? I haven't heard that name in ages. Just looked it up and he was the Mets pitching coach for 14 seasons ('68 through '81).

Very cool about the autograph book and your son. You must have some great ones in there. 

I have a nearly full book,thanks to my grandparents,who retired there. My pop also got some nice perks from work,which included a free rental at a condo in the bay area. The only ****ty part of those trips was the fact that my father was too cheap to fly us down to Florida.Being with Dad,Mom ,two younger sisters and a young brother in a station wagon for two days was taxing...just one stop in North Carolina. Four dang days out of the two week spring recess break was spent in a car...and I don't recall having air conditioning in that so called luxury set of wheels.I shouldn't complain..those were some sweet times.p.s- We shared the stadium with the Cardinals then,with our limited time we had down there,we had to see them "down the road". Pirates in Bradenton..Red Sox in Lakeland,Detroit in a place called Joker Stadium .So many teams were centered around that Tampa-St.Pete area at that time..as a kid,it was autograph and photo heaven.I've never been to the Port St.Lucie facility,I wonder how family/fan friendly it is.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I have a nearly full book,thanks to my grandparents,who retired there. My pop also got some nice perks from work,which included a free rental at a condo in the bay area. The only ****ty part of those trips was the fact that my father was too cheap to fly us down to Florida.Being with Dad,Mom ,two younger sisters and a young brother in a station wagon for two days was taxing...just one stop in North Carolina. Four dang days out of the two week spring recess break was spent in a car...and I don't recall having air conditioning in that so called luxury set of wheels.I shouldn't complain..those were some sweet times.p.s- We shared the stadium with the Cardinals then,with our limited time we had down there,we had to see them "down the road". Pirates in Bradenton..Red Sox in Lakeland,Detroit in a place called Joker Stadium .So many teams were centered around that Tampa-St.Pete area at that time..as a kid,it was autograph and photo heaven.I've never been to the Port St.Lucie facility,I wonder how family/fan friendly it is.

Certainly not, but did you have the rear window that went down?  

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Since I have been living in Florida, I have been to the Mets practice in PS Lucie 4 times and have gotten 21 autographed baseballs. All the Mets players will sign autographs and take pics with fans. Very fan/family friendly. Some players are a lot harder to get an autograph from because of the large number of people trying to get an autograph. If they signed for everyone they would be there for a couple of hours. Syndergaard was the hardest for me to get. The last time I was there, I was talking to this girl who really wanted an Adrian Gonzalez autograph. We decided that I would try to help her get Gonzalez and she would help me get Syndergaard. I got a Gonzalez autograph but she couldn't and she got Syndergaard but I couldn't so we traded baseballs.  

Edited by Bills4everNY

So, are the Mets intentionally trying to block every single 1b prospect that tries to get a promotion? 

I rather have him to try out third base. He has the arm and normally takes ground balls at third during batting practice and infield practice. 

7 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

So, are the Mets intentionally trying to block every single 1b prospect that tries to get a promotion? 

I rather have him to try out third base. He has the arm and normally takes ground balls at third during batting practice and infield practice. 

Enough of this crap, I say.  He's an outfielder.  If he can't play the outfield, then don't play him.  I am sick of this team playing people out of position.  It's a joke.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:45 PM, Captain Murica said:

Alonso is batting just .165 out west and I wouldn't want him being schooled by this current coaching staff anyway.I agree with Gug...I'm sick and tired of guessing who's playing where on a game to game basis.Shoot,it sounds like Cespedes is not near 100%....let him keep sitting until he is,the season is shot anyway.

• Like (+1) 1