Mets fans?

Another Fan

Positives:

• Once again, Jake looked phenomenal.
  • Awesome clutch grand salami by Joey Bats.
  • Mesoraco is a great defensive catcher.  I think he's a keeper.
  • I know Wilmer didn't come through in the 8th, but the fact that they changed pitchers for him says something to me.
  • Rosario's bunt in the 9th was pristine.
  • Callaway actually managed a good game.

Not so positives:

• Conforto struck out 3 times.  He's looking for walks.  He's getting schooled.  He needs to go down.
  • Dom Smith should not have swung at the first pitch in bottom 9 with one out when all we needed was a deep fly to win.
  • Familia is getting predictable.  Opposing teams know he can't throw strikes on command and get ahead in the count.  He got lucky tonight.

There is so much talent on this team.  I still think, with a good manager, they'd be in the thick of it.  But they're not.  I hope they don't move the wrong guys when it's selling time.

Let's Go Mets!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Positives:

• Once again, Jake looked phenomenal.
  • Awesome clutch grand salami by Joey Bats.
  • Mesoraco is a great defensive catcher.  I think he's a keeper.
  • I know Wilmer didn't come through in the 8th, but the fact that they changed pitchers for him says something to me.
  • Rosario's bunt in the 9th was pristine.
  • Callaway actually managed a good game.

Not so positives:

• Conforto struck out 3 times.  He's looking for walks.  He's getting schooled.  He needs to go down.
  • Dom Smith should not have swung at the first pitch in bottom 9 with one out when all we needed was a deep fly to win.
  • Familia is getting predictable.  Opposing teams know he can't throw strikes on command and get ahead in the count.  He got lucky tonight.

There is so much talent on this team.  I still think, with a good manager, they'd be in the thick of it.  But they're not.  I hope they don't move the wrong guys when it's selling time.

Let's Go Mets!

It was a really good game to be at. The pace of play was quick, watching deGrom never gets old even better in person, and watching the walk off Grand Slam was awesome even with a small crowd the place got really loud. 

• Like (+1) 2

Tough one today.  Thought last nights grand slam might propel some life.

Is there any other teams you guys pull for now or do you just lose interest all together this year?  I mean baring some miracle happening and they come back, the season's pretty much over.  Though you guys all seem like very good/devoted fans.

In the AL I like to see Cleveland do well, as I like all their teams.  Blasphemous I know as a Met fan but I don't mind seeing the Phillies do well.  Where I grew up In NJ the Phillies were the more affordable/convenient option for ball games, especially to see the Mets.  Back in the 90's there was no real rivalry and the fans there believe it or not were pretty nice. 

6 hours ago, Bills4everNY said:

I have been watching the Mets vs Rays games on the Rays broadcast because the Mets broadcast is blacked out here in Florida. Makes me really appreciate Gary, Keith and Ron.

I caught the Blue Jays broadcasts this week and felt the same way.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Is there any other teams you guys pull for now or do you just lose interest all together this year?  I mean baring some miracle happening and they come back, the season's pretty much over.  Though you guys all seem like very good/devoted fans.

In the AL I like to see Cleveland do well, as I like all their teams.  Blasphemous I know as a Met fan but I don't mind seeing the Phillies do well.  Where I grew up In NJ the Phillies were the more affordable/convenient option for ball games, especially to see the Mets.  Back in the 90's there was no real rivalry and the fans there believe it or not were pretty nice. 

I'm still watching every Mets game, but it's definitely over.

I'd love to see CLE do well because I love Francona.  In the NL, I'd like to see MIL do something,  No World Series titles in their history.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I root for the Mariners, I loved Griffey growing up and would watch the Yankees games when they vs The mariners. I owned a Griffey Jersey before I owned a Mets one as a kid. Their ‘95 team was fun to watch with Cora and Coleman leading off then you’d have Tino, Edgar, Buhner and Griffey to deal with. Plus, the big unit. 

The Mariners doing what they’re doing without their best player is pretty amazing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sigh another awful day.

Its games like this I want to give props to Murica , Gugny, Since the 70s, Misterbluesky, Golden Goat, and anyone else here I may have forgot.  This thread has certainly made this year more bearable to take and always holds my interest of what’s going on.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Sigh another awful day.

Its games like this I want to give props to Murica , Gugny, Since the 70s, Misterbluesky, Golden Goat, and anyone else here I may have forgot.  This thread has certainly made this year more bearable to take and always holds my interest of what’s going on.  

I love this thread.  Everyone contributes great stuff!

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Sigh another awful day.

Same here.

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Sigh another awful day.

I'm with Another Fan, this is a go to thread for me with contributors I look forward to hearing from.

I was on vacation the past week or so with spotty connectivity at best. I relied on scores when I could get them but more importantly commentary from you guys when I could connect, so thanks all. 

As I type this, Hansel Robles just came into the game for the Angels trying to hold a one run lead in the 8th. I hope he gets lit up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Sigh another awful day.

The laugher of the day was seeing "brickfeet" try to play LF. Just to add a notch to my negativity i have towards him....he gives a stare to either to HPU or the pitcher that just erased him. His punk ass attitude is going to cost him a career,I hope somebody bites on a multi player deal that he's included in.If Smith can only play first base......he needs to be a power hitter...instead he loses 20 pounds in Vegas....he showed what he is made of when he was scheduled to start at first base in game one of ST....but he was late to the game...got the axe.He wouldn't have pulled that shot of Terry was in charge.....Smith is a bust.I know he's young but darn he's not a hungry player....complete opposite of Nimms.Dump him..we have our future first baseman in LV.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm with Another Fan, this is a go to thread for me with contributors I look forward to hearing from.

I was on vacation the past week or so with spotty connectivity at best. I relied on scores when I could get them but more importantly commentary from you guys when I could connect, so thanks all. 

As I type this, Hansel Robles just came into the game for the Angels trying to hold a one run lead in the 8th. I hope he gets lit up.

The last few years, I used to go to the MLB Mets message board. I didn't sign up, I just liked to read what people had to say after each game. They did away with that board before the start of this season and I'm glad they did. This thread is way better. No fighting or insults like the other board, just Mets fans with friendly discussion and great comments. Thanks to all who keep this thread active. 

• Like (+1) 4