Mets fans?

Another Fan

57 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nope.  They can't be blamed for Ces being hurt and I can't say I was unhappy when Sandy signed him to that deal.

However ... putting Dom Smith in left field is pure stupidity.  And not sending Conforto down is a terrible non-move.

Last night's game was some of the worst baseball I've ever seen in my life.  These guys are just not playing at a major league level.  It's tough to watch, although I'll continue.  And with every game, I feel more and more that Callaway is inept at managing a team.

I wonder if they're showcasing Dom Smith for a potential trade. He's clearly not an outfielder and I think Alonso has passed him on the "depth chart".

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Gug...it's a day game after a night game.

I don't care.  Plawecki is an automatic out. 

Okay, maybe I'm being unreasonable.

10 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been 30 days since I gave a crap about the Mets...

Hang tough,Thor is tossing again and he said "" I'm throwing rockets out there".Also,Cespedes is running down in Fla. Sure...these are baby steps but at this point we need some positives to swallow. 

40 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hang tough,Thor is tossing again and he said "" I'm throwing rockets out there".Also,Cespedes is running down in Fla. Sure...these are baby steps but at this point we need some positives to swallow. 

At least the Bills and Sabres never tease us with the promise they might be really good.  !@#$ing Mets drive me nuts.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

At least the Bills and Sabres never tease us with the promise they might be really good.  !@#$ing Mets drive me nuts.

KD....when we were 100 % healthy we went 11-1 early on.The downfall started when we lost both of our catchers..the head scratching decisions Mick started making didn't help either.We can't cry over the spilled milk.Peace.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Oh, I kid, I kid. :) The Mets are usually a hotter second-half team, but, I don't see how they overcome the deep hole they've dug for themselves to date.

I still love 'em -- I'm from Flushing; it's in my DNA! Plus, the alternative is that other NY team that buys championships.

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup, they literally make me go from sane to borderline insane during their games. Who would have thought that the bills would have more promise after 2015 than the current Mets. 

47 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

KD....when we were 100 % healthy we went 11-1 early on.The downfall started when we lost both of our catchers..the head scratching decisions Mick started making didn't help either.We can't cry over the spilled milk.Peace.

I know...it's just so frustrating that they haven't been about to put together a sustained run after 2015 and then, oh look, the Braves and Phillies have re-tooled!   Arrgh.

So, a bit off topic, but I thought I'd share. My wife and I were at Game 4 of the NLCS in 2016. This dog was easily the biggest attraction before the game. Its poses were perfect, but it couldn't stop wagging its tail. People were stuffing some serious coin into that jug. I'd wager the dog eats better than we do. :)

aaa.jpg

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

It's at the point now I just laughed at that grand slam.  Though I do feel bad for Wheeler as his first 5 innings were solid.

So I read an article that said Sandy thinks the team is in between sellers and buyers and is gonna see how it plays out until the deadline.  It's like they still think this can be turned around.  I'm sure he'll do something.  Kind of at the point hoping they don't win a game until the trade deadline.  Then maybe it will get through to blow up the core "whatever the core is".

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

It's at the point now I just laughed at that grand slam.  Though I do feel bad for Wheeler as his first 5 innings were solid.

So I read an article that said Sandy thinks the team is in between sellers and buyers and is gonna see how it plays out until the deadline.  It's like they still think this can be turned around.  I'm sure he'll do something.  Kind of at the point hoping they don't win a game until the trade deadline.  Then maybe it will get through to blow up the core "whatever the core is".

Sandy's in limbo because half of the "core" (Thor,Ces and Bruce) are not seeing the field on a daily/weekly basis.How can you read a book when half of the pages are missing?