Mets fans?

Another Fan

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I was one of the few idiots that decided to watch again today. 

I'm right there with you. I'm working 1pm to 1am and basically my work is done for the month but  now I wish I didn't so I wouldn't be streaming the game in the background on my phone. 

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I guess there was some pay off then going into work today!  Hope it didn't totally ruin your day

Yeah with regard to what you said earlier this week, let's rebuild. 

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I'm right there with you. I'm working 1pm to 1am and basically my work is done for the month but  now I wish I didn't so I wouldn't be streaming the game in the background on my phone. 

32 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

#MeToo

Second game will be played...10 o clock start.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yup, saw that. It's kind of funny how badly the MLB wants to get this game in. Next few days will be even worse weather wise. Not sure if they'll get the next 2 in. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Oh great that's gonna cost me some sleep. 

What's interesting today is the decision to stick with Lugo. Gary and Keith attributed it to the double-header...the Mets  knew they wouldn't use Lugo in the night cap and wanted to save Familia. Easy to criticize after the fact but great arguments on both sides.

Hindsight guy (me) says Lugo had already blown the lead an inning before and we should've tried to lock down the win with our closer.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Oh great that's gonna cost me some sleep. 

What's interesting today is the decision to stick with Lugo. Gary and Keith attributed it to the double-header...the Mets  knew they wouldn't use Lugo in the night cap and wanted to save Familia. Easy to criticize after the fact but great arguments on both sides.

Hindsight guy (me) says Lugo had already blown the lead an inning before and we should've tried to lock down the win with our closer.

Nope, I feel the same way. Anyone watching could see Lugo was not crisp. He hung a pitch to Culberson and I knew it was a matter of time. Then he did it again to a guy that hasn't hit a home run in two years. 

Edited by Captain Murica

7 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Man, Noah is starting to rack up the injuries. I love the dude, but it seems as if he is almost a glass cannon now. 

Gary said his finger is in a splint for the next few days and should be able to toss over the weekend..Callaway said this happens from time to time with pitchers that have long fingers. Doesn't sound like this is long term unlike how we were lied to about Ces and Frazier.Hopefully only two starts missed for Noah,fingers crossed.Sounds like lugo is the next man up to get the spot in the rotation? It will get better,right?????

53 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Anyone here know how to pitch? This is just embarrassing. :bag:

I was literally standing up and yelling at the TV before the inciarte at bat. Rhame started every batter off with a fastball and sure enough they were sitting on it. 

Imagine how much more trouble we be in if Mickey wasn’t a pitching “guru”... This team loses in the most excruciating ways ever. I’m annoyed I bought tickets for the subway series in June to go to Sunday night baseball. 

• Sad 1

So the same day Thor hits the DL, Matz - who has been pitching surprisingly well - leaves the game with "finger discomfort."

Here's what I'm starting to think ... the Mets have a roster full of a bunch of !@#$ing injury-prone pansies.

I will also say that, thus far, I am very unimpressed with Callaway.  52 games into his managerial career and I can think of at least 5 games that have been lost due to his poor management.  I'm not going to come out and say that he stinks.  I don't think that's the case.  He's been hit by the injury bug pretty hard.  But he's made some pretty bad moves; I'm fine with chalking it up to being a Rookie manager.

The bullpen is atrocious.  My knee-jerk thought was that they are over-taxed and burned out.  A quick look at the stats told me how wrong I was.  Mets are 25th in the league for innings pitched by the bullpen.  Right under the #24 Yankees.  Here's the problem ... they !@#$ing suck.

Starting pitching has done well enough for this team to be at least 5-6 games above .500, if not more.

It will be nice if/when Frazier and Cespedes are healthy; Flores being out hurts, too.  Unfortunately, that is not going to keep our bullpen from spoiled every single good start our starting pitchers have.  Bastards.

We're only 5 out.  The season is still relatively young.

Let's Go Mets!

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure if any of you were listening, but gary cohen said what they pulled off in milwaukee on sat and sunday, trailing by 3, blowing it, leading by 2, blowing it again, hasn't been done in MLB in 88 years. 

? I’m venting here but how can anyone involved with the Mets brass be pleased with this? Like another poster said I’m almost done and it’s not even June. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Not sure if any of you were listening, but gary cohen said what they pulled off in milwaukee on sat and sunday, trailing by 3, blowing it, leading by 2, blowing it again, hasn't been done in MLB in 88 years. 

? I’m venting here but how can anyone involved with the Mets brass be pleased with this? Like another poster said I’m almost done and it’s not even June. 

I'm setting my sights on Alderson now.  The Mets have - BY FAR - been the least durable team in the Major Leagues since he took over as GM.

What looked like a stroke of genius in the Toronto trade has been a !@#$ing injury nightmare.

Every player (it seems) that he's brought in via trade or free agency has spent significant time on the DL.

And for !@#$'s sake, bring up Alonso from AA to play first base EVERY DAY.  Keep Conforto, Nimmo and Bruce in the outfield EVERY DAY.  Play Guillorme at 3B EVERY DAY.  Play Rosario at SS EVERY DAY.  And play Cabrera at 2B and Mesoraco at C, EVERY DAY.

Pick a lineup and stick with it, for the love of Christ.  And stop playing these !@#$ing relics!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4