Mets fans?

Another Fan

If anybody watched the short take after the game about Conforto,he is low on his swings..Keith mentioned that.He's screaming  for at least a one week stay out west ,with everyday full time plate appearances. IMO,Mick is fearing that move because he seems sorry for letting Harvey go...field managers need to take bullets from fire (meaning media)..he's showing more and more signs of not being capable of handling the tough chore of being the leader. 

Edited by Misterbluesky
Conforto's K was lefty on lefty.Another Mick screwup.

I fear that Syndergaard is hurt.

We already know he avoids diagnoses at all costs.  He's shying away from his fastball.  He's walking guys.  Color me concerned.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Conlan did a great job.  Bats came alive.  Bullpen sucked it, but Familia looked good with the close.  Nice to get off the snide.

Had a healthy legged Ces or Nimmo been in LF his line would have looked much better. 

He already looked light years better than the other soft tossing lefty the rotation named Vargas. Speaking of Vargas...he better step up tonight!

We at least determined Conlan is not a Major league pitcher starting pitcher IMO. That 84 mph weak **** isn't going to cut it, lefty or not... I don't blame him, and I know Oswalt had just pitched, but why is Conlan the best we have to bring up?

This team kills me inside a little more every day...

On 5/7/2018 at 6:33 AM, Gugny said:

I fear that Syndergaard is hurt.

We already know he avoids diagnoses at all costs.  He's shying away from his fastball.  He's walking guys.  Color me concerned.

Don't even say that please...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

We at least determined Conlan is not a Major league pitcher starting pitcher IMO. That 84 mph weak **** isn't going to cut it, lefty or not... I don't blame him, and I know Oswalt had just pitched, but why is Conlan the best we have to bring up?

This team kills me inside a little more every day...

I was thinking the same thing...he's a middle reliever for sure..his short body demands him to use far to much energy in every pitch.What we saw last night was the same as watching him throw in ST and nothing can change that.p.s.-Oswalt was the next man up but Mick but didn't change his mind about deGrom until Sunday morning...that's why Oswalt pitched out west on Saturday night.

8 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

He already looked light years better than the other soft tossing lefty the rotation named Vargas. Speaking of Vargas...he better step up tonight!

If he gets blown up again tonight,we have a serious problem to deal with. I did expect a high scoring series though...but I doubt the Reds go back to back with 6 or more runs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

If he gets blown up again tonight,we have a serious problem to deal with. I did expect a high scoring series though...but I doubt the Reds go back to back with 6 or more runs.

I agree.  If Vargas a) pitches less than 6 innings and/or b) gives up more than 3 runs - BIG problem.

Well, Harvey is officially gone. I don't mind taking a flyer on Mesoraco, but he's injured so much I can't imagine he will be the answer. We'd need an awful lot of luck for him to look like half of what he was on 2014...

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Agreed. He did lead the AL in wins though, and he's a vet. I have hope he'll figure it out. 

28 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

Agreed. He did lead the AL in wins though, and he's a vet. I have hope he'll figure it out. 

Well ... he's consistent ... 

20 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. Getting curb stomped by the worst team in the MLB is pretty pathetic. Glad they have 3 off days between today and next Thursday. 

About the only thing that is keeping me sane is the fact it's May. I hate to keep pounding on Callaway but I truly feel if Collins was still the field manager we wouldn't be watching this mess.

14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

About the only thing that is keeping me sane is the fact it's May. I hate to keep pounding on Callaway but I truly feel if Collins was still the field manager we wouldn't be watching this mess.

I will not disagree with you.

I'm wondering how much Sandy Alderson had to do with forcing Wright down Collins' throat to the detriment of the team.  I ask this because I see the same thing happening with Conforto.  They've been dying for a "face of the franchise" ever since Jeter took over the MLB world (rightfully so).  

I feel like, either ownership or Alderson, is making Callaway keep Conforto up.

Regardless ... he's still making a lot of questionable decisions.  BUT ... the poor guy has two decent starting pitchers.  And one is on the DL and the other is off .. badly.  

He managed well during the early hot streak - when the team was healthy.  I still think he's a good manager.  My biggest concern is the devotion to Conforto.  He needs to go down.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I can't say I feel the same way. I hated Collins with every muscle fiber in my body, but Callaway is not making a strong case to where I can argue with you on that. 

Ex. Tonight he chose to go lefty vs lefty with the bases loaded and two outs when the Mets just scored two runs and could've had tied it with a base hit. He had Lagares on the bench, whose been hitting well. I understand he wants to keep him on the bench for a defensive replacement,  but when down in the game that needs to go out the window. 

I want to say I'm keeping my cool because it's may but for a franchise that has only made 9 play-off appearances in it's 56 years of existence is not giving a lot of confidence. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I can't say I feel the same way. I hated Collins with every muscle fiber in my body, but Callaway is not making a strong case to where I can argue with you on that. 

Ex. Tonight he chose to go lefty vs lefty with the bases loaded and two outs when the Mets just scored two runs and could've had tied it with a base hit. He had Lagares on the bench, whose been hitting well. I understand he wants to keep him on the bench for a defensive replacement,  but when down in the game that needs to go out the window. 

I want to say I'm keeping my cool because it's may but for a franchise that has only made 9 play-off appearances in it's 56 years of existence is not giving a lot of confidence. 

Bringing Nimmo in, in that situation was ballsy.  Lagares is hitting well over .300.  That said ... he should be playing every day - not Conforto.  And so should Wilmer Flores.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

You disliked Collins for what reason...because he took a conservative approach? Speaking of lefty on lefty..Callaway did the same thing on Sunday with Conforto. I said before,I will say it again...Mick has to start making better and stronger decisions.a few weeks ago,before the afternoon start in St.Louis...DiSarcina was interviewed...he stated Callaway was coming up to him for advice....not sure who walked behind the camera but the person said "the interview is over". 

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bringing Nimmo in, in that situation was ballsy.  Lagares is hitting well over .300.  That said ... he should be playing every day - not Conforto.  And so should Wilmer Flores.

THIS!

Edited by Misterbluesky