The Bills always seem to have a good running back

Billsfed

When September 2017 rolls around it's the one thing you can count on.

Look at the track record. Lynch, Jackson, Spiller, McCoy.

We have a pretty good combo back there right now. With the big boys up front like Richie & Miller i like McCoy's chances of repeating

Taylor also dosen't hurt . I'd prefer the Bills to stick to what works and go with the run game if Mcdermott can get the defense straightened around

We have a pretty good combo back there right now. With the big boys up front like Richie & Miller i like McCoy's chances of repeating

Taylor also dosen't hurt . I'd prefer the Bills to stick to what works and go with the run game if Mcdermott can get the defense straightened around

Going all the way back to Cookie, the Bills have almost always had a good RB to tote the ball.

Someone to throw the pigskin around has been the issue.

As opposed to what?

These threads are like train wrecks.

I'll bite.. I do find it pretty unreal when you look at a team like the Giants who haven't had a decent RB in years unless you think Jacobs, Wilson, Jennings etc are good backs.. I don't. Yet they continue to have a potent offense. I could see them as a landing spot for Charles or AP. More likely a high pick spent on a promising rookie back. They've got do something, meanwhile we've had an embarrassment of riches in this department for years. Still, ignored the QB spot. Maybe the Bills believe you have to have one or the other.... Finally our playoff drought is explained.

*Sigh*

Mini Max Anderson.

Mini Max was our starting RB the first game I ever watched on TV. He got hurt running down the sideline and the announcer speculated that he swallowed his tongue. I was maybe 9 at the time, just starting to play football, and had nightmares after that about swallowing my own tongue and never being able to talk again.

Granted, Mini Max wasn't a great back. Nonetheless, we've had some good ones over the years. For whatever reason, we fair much better at finding franchise backs than franchise QBs.

Buffalo Bill RB trivia. In 1969 our staring RB (OJ) and his backup (Mini Max Anderson) were both hurt. So in comes 3rd stringer Preston Ridlehuber.

Ridlehuber's NFL career had been undistinguished until that game except for one shining special teams moment when he recovered a fumble and returned it for the winning TD for the Raiders at the end of the infamous Heidi Bowl.

The Bills need just a couple yards for the first. Head Coach John Rauch, making use of Ridlehuber's background as a college QB, draws a play in the dirt with Ridlehuber throwing a short pass to the TE to keep the drive alive. Instead Ridlehuber heaves long for a streaking Haven Moses who scores a game-wining 45 yard TD. Rauch grumpily tells him, "Be glad it worked."

Ridlehuber usually wore #37 but was wearing #31 on that play because his regular jersey had ripped off earlier in the game. The Bills unofficially retired #31 to honor backup players who embody the "spirit of the franchise." #31 wasn't worn again until the 1990s.

Edited by hondo in seattle

The guy has 19 posts and has started 15 inane threads. Your virtue has been noted white knight

I think I agree with him, learn how to ignore threads, it's an important skill to have on the internet.

Edited by T-Bomb