Andre Holmes officially signed

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize they signed Crabtree and drafted Cooper after Holmes was already on the team?

That alone tells you how they viewed Holmes.

lucky for them,they had less holes to worry about than we do...

Nice to have luxury type picks. He will earn his money in Buffalo as the number two, or three.Depending on how the draft shakes out. Im by no means advocating him as a #2,just looking at overall needs

And if our Buffalo Bills desire a better passing attack, and want to surround TT with better talent, they should view signings like Holmes and Brown the same way, it's depth, WR's 4 and WR's 5, solid depth, looking at them as anything else is putting our team at a talent disadvantage to all the opposing teams we play

Like Raiders and Texans fans, and their management, two teams which we are potentially looking at competing with for a WC spoilt in 2017, I really hope we are seriously looking at WR#2 and WR#3 in this draft, because right Sammy is our only real NFL WR starter

That is if you think Bills Mgmt should be doing something tangible to improve the 2017 starting offense

jc

Holmes is a bum. Very inconsistent. There's a reason why he wasn't the #2 in Oakland and no one else signed him.

How insightful...thank you for your contribution

You realize they signed Crabtree and drafted Cooper after Holmes was already on the team?

That alone tells you how they viewed Holmes.

You obviously dont understand the Raiders.....

They have always made it a point to have more good wide receivers then they need.

We have a lot of people complaining that we are not knuckling down and passing when we need to to win big games

Having better pass catcher's that can make plays would go a long way to doing that

Then why were we still bottom of the league in passing in 2015 with Watkins, Woods and Clay mostly healthy all year?

Then why were we still bottom of the league in passing in 2015 with Watkins, Woods and Clay mostly healthy all year?

we were better in 2015 then we were in 2016

It was TT's first year starting

Woods was NOT healthy...that is a fallacy.....he has nt been healthy the last 2 years

Watkins and TT actually were connecting in the latter half of the year

we were better in 2015 then we were in 2016

It was TT's first year starting

Woods was NOT healthy...that is a fallacy.....he has nt been healthy the last 2 years

Watkins and TT actually were connecting in the latter half of the year

We were minimally better between the years.

Woods started 14 games....healthy enough to start.

Even though Taylor and Watkins were connecting in the 2nd half, we still were hovering around 200 yards a game passing and bottom of the league.

Taylors completion percentage dipped in the second half.

We were minimally better between the years.

Woods started 14 games....healthy enough to start.

Even though Taylor and Watkins were connecting in the 2nd half, we still were hovering around 200 yards a game passing and bottom of the league.

Taylors completion percentage dipped in the second half.

Its scheme to Teef....

We were great at running the ball....so we ran the ball.....

I agree that we need to throw it more especially when the time calls for it or when the running game isnt clicking.....but they did what the team was good at.

Its scheme to Teef....

We were great at running the ball....so we ran the ball.....

I agree that we need to throw it more especially when the time calls for it or when the running game isnt clicking.....but they did what the team was good at.

Well Lynn specifically stated the one thing they needed to work on was passing the ball...with this aspect, they could have opened up th offense more. It wasn't just "we're good at running so we will just run it"...a lot had to do with the passing was a weakness. So Lynn did see it as an issue.

Only Bills fans would think that a WR 4 from another team can be a WR 2 on the Bills.

Well I'm a Bills fan and I don't think that. To me he is a WR 3 or, ideally, a WR4 who is a good STs player. He is an upgrade to JH and a good signing. The #2 WR is likely about to be drafted IMO, either in the 1st or 2nd round.

While there are no "locks" in this year's draft there are 5-6 prospects worthy of consideration in round 2 or 3. It's obvious the Bills don't really trust Tyrod and they've got to get someone else on the roster to develop besides Cardale.

I don't agree about needing more than Cardale, at least this season. You have your project QB and there are only so many snaps in practice to go around. Give them all to Cardale this year so you can better evaluate him.

The caveat being if the coaching staff already thinks Cardale is a capable #2. Then I'd be okay with getting a QB, though I'm not as high on anyone this draft. Maybe they take a chance on Chad Kelly as a UDFA?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

And if our Buffalo Bills desire a better passing attack, and want to surround TT with better talent, they should view signings like Holmes and Brown the same way, it's depth, WR's 4 and WR's 5, solid depth, looking at them as anything else is putting our team at a talent disadvantage to all the opposing teams we play

Like Raiders and Texans fans, and their management, two teams which we are potentially looking at competing with for a WC spoilt in 2017, I really hope we are seriously looking at WR#2 and WR#3 in this draft, because right Sammy is our only real NFL WR starter

That is if you think Bills Mgmt should be doing something tangible to improve the 2017 starting offense

jc

Yeah this idea that they don't need QUALITY at WR because Taylor is the QB is nonsense.

Great QB's distribute the ball and can get by with less overall talent..........Taylor isn't going to hit 7 different receivers every game........he improves exponentially when he is given WR talent.

Part of the undercurrent of this "we don't need WR talent" is the fear that Taylor will put up numbers/people wanting him to fail.

I understand the fear of settling for a less than franchise QB.........I used to pray for a long, healthy career for Chad Pennington because I knew his weaknesses would perenially keep the Jets out of real championship contention.

But there is no need to hope for failure to force the Bills hand with Taylor......he will either raise his game from the pocket or he will flame out in a couple years and not get extended......it's too hard to maintain running the ball as much as Taylor has.

Yeah this idea that they don't need QUALITY at WR because Taylor is the QB is nonsense.

Great QB's distribute the ball and can get by with less overall talent..........Taylor isn't going to hit 7 different receivers every game........he improves exponentially when he is given WR talent.

Part of the undercurrent of this "we don't need WR talent" is the fear that Taylor will put up numbers/people wanting him to fail.

I understand the fear of settling for a less than franchise QB.........I used to pray for a long, healthy career for Chad Pennington because I knew his weaknesses would perenially keep the Jets out of real championship contention.

But there is no need to hope for failure to force the Bills hand with Taylor......he will either raise his game from the pocket or he will flame out in a couple years and not get extended......it's too hard to maintain running the ball as much as Taylor has.

1 year. Don't need a "couple"

Couple started last year.