Any "Cord Cutters" here? I need your help!

Guffalo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hhahaha. You guys pay for services.

Freeloader

Does anyone know of a reliable DVR type program to record streams? I watch a lot of sports on the DVR. I tried one Playon, for the Bills/Jags game couple years ago, and it absolutely sucked

I recall seeing a Kodi plugin that captures whatever you're streaming. I haven't used it so I can't attest to it's reliability.

Looks like Spectrum is offering a good deal to it's internet subscribers called Spectrum TV Stream http://info.spectrum.com/H/2/v40000015cf014e4ee9257fcf4bbe5cfc0/d2dad661-f3cb-4f18-b2fc-57166655d860/HTML that can get streaming feeds on iphones, androids, Roku, Xbox or Samsung smart tvs of 25 stations including all locals, A&E, AMC, History, USA, History TBS and TNT at $19.95 and then can add ESPN, NBC Sports and a few more for $12.00 and a nice deal on premiums at $15.00 for three years.

I've got the Spectrum able for just my local channels on Roku. When it works it's okay. But this promotion doesn't give me all the channels I get using Sling, so I'd actually lose channels I watch. I don't even see anywhere to add them as another package.

Freeloader

I recall seeing a Kodi plugin that captures whatever you're streaming. I haven't used it so I can't attest to it's reliability.

stealing it from my parents is not freeloading. and my sister also gave me her password for her ohio cable. i lost my connection to netflix and amazon prime, though.

ota is the way to go

being able to talk people in to letting me use their stuff is not stealing.

I've got the Spectrum able for just my local channels on Roku. When it works it's okay. But this promotion doesn't give me all the channels I get using Sling, so I'd actually lose channels I watch. I don't even see anywhere to add them as another package.

It's a streamable package only ie it has nothing to do with the TV side whatsoever. So if you're paying for TV now you can't upgrade to this. Instead would need to cancel TV service for 30 days and then sign up for this streamable package.

stealing it from my parents is not freeloading. and my sister also gave me her password for her ohio cable. i lost my connection to netflix and amazon prime, though.

ota is the way to go

Oh, thought you were talking about that whole shady Kodi thing :P

And I may start 'freeloading' off my Dad once my DTV contract runs out. If he can ever remember his freaking TWC/Spectrum password :lol:

I might still do a DTV Now/Sling/Spectrum streaming service for the basic stuff and supplement missing channel's with Dad's login

ota is the way to go

Damn, where is the like button? I would hit it as many times as possible! I get funny looks for being OTA, but I love it!

Damn, where is the like button? I would hit it as many times as possible! I get funny looks for being OTA, but I love it!

i get 88 channels in my bedroom 66 in the den.

of course, two cbs', two fox's, abc's, nbc's.... 4 pbs' come in clear some times virginia's comes in. i get small community channels for places like hickory, nc or roanoake, va both over 100 miles away straight shot.

the sub channels always have a decent enough movie on and my converter accepts a usb that i have a ssd attached two and load movies and shows on there

• 1 month later...

i get 88 channels in my bedroom 66 in the den.

of course, two cbs', two fox's, abc's, nbc's.... 4 pbs' come in clear some times virginia's comes in. i get small community channels for places like hickory, nc or roanoake, va both over 100 miles away straight shot.

the sub channels always have a decent enough movie on and my converter accepts a usb that i have a ssd attached two and load movies and shows on there

My OTA only picks up a few (10) channels and most are sketchy and crappy at best. What brand do you have?

My OTA only picks up a few (10) channels and most are sketchy and crappy at best. What brand do you have?

RCA box and antenna. I have a fancy directional on the house and it doesn't do much better. The stuff I have was free with rebates a long time ago.

It's not about brand, it's just about knowing where to point your antenna. I have mentioned tvfool many times because it's extremely easy to use. Enter you address and point the antenna in the direction of the channel you want.