Today I Learned....PartII

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

That, and it probably cost in the low six figures and required a liquid nitrogen bath to work.

(Worked with digital cameras in the 80s that were in the low five figures...and required a liquid nitrogen bath.)

3 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

TIL that nothing Hill'ry Clinton has done since 2016 has changed my mind one scintilla - she's still an arrogant, elitist, self-aggrandizing, myopic, fat-thighed harridan.

Interesting.  Sounds exactly like someone who is currently the POTUS.

6 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

TIL that nothing Hill'ry Clinton has done since 2016 has changed my mind one scintilla - she's still an arrogant, elitist, self-aggrandizing, myopic, fat-thighed harridan.

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interesting.  Sounds exactly like someone who is currently the POTUS.

Sounds like a good marriage match and result would be Keukasmallies. 

Problem his his father would not support special education for him.

Please keep politics in PPP.  The first one was clearly a political post.

• Haha (+1) 1

Today I learned that the insult "nimrod" comes from the Book of Genesis referring to the Assyrian King Tukulti-Ninurta I as "Nimrod," renown as "a mighty hunter before the Lord."  It only entered the American lexicon as an epithet meaning "stupid, dull-witted person" in 1942, when Bugs Bunny called Elmer Fudd a "poor little Nimrod" in the theatrical short "Fresh Hare."

Biblical myths of Assyrian kings, perverted by Merrie Melodies.  Gotta love American culture.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Today I learned that the insult "nimrod" comes from the Book of Genesis referring to the Assyrian King Tukulti-Ninurta I as "Nimrod," renown as "a mighty hunter before the Lord."  It only entered the American lexicon as an epithet meaning "stupid, dull-witted person" in 1942, when Bugs Bunny called Elmer Fudd a "poor little Nimrod" in the theatrical short "Fresh Hare."

Biblical myths of Assyrian kings, perverted by Merrie Melodies.  Gotta love American culture.  :lol:

Nimrod was the founder of the Babylonian empire, historical claim on top of your "myth" putdown