Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

I do go to Victory every now and then....so many good drinking choices in this area. I also love hitting the lancaster county scene. tons of great places out there

I think I sent you a request. Still trying to figure out the new version. You live about 45 minutes from me dude. Do you go to Victory brewing much? Pretty close in Downingtown.

Pretty much. A lot of swiping right minus the STD's

My usual beer is the Sam Adams Boston Lager, but will drink anything from IPA's, to porters.

One of my fav's is Rohrbach Scotch Ale

I still have yet to try it but Chill Wave by Great Lakes (I think that is who brews it) has been recommended by a few people

Devil's Backbone just entered the Philly market. I'm very happy about that

I don't know if it's made its way north yet, but Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager is delightful. Ryan L Bills has access to it but no one who drinks Bud Lite would fully appreciate it.

I do go to Victory every now and then....so many good drinking choices in this area. I also love hitting the lancaster county scene. tons of great places out there

Yeah...they put a place called Funcks in Leola. 115 beers on tap. That's a frequent spot of mine. Going there next Friday to celebrate St. Patrick's day and watch the ncaa tournament.

I don't drink beer much any more. (Wine? Another story). I went to school in Cincinnati and make an annual pilgrimage there. Big German population, and the town loves it's beer! They have huge converted industrial buildings and small former houses, all making their own beer and inviting people in. They even have craft beer crawl/rolls with vans that take you from place to place. I'm in Atlanta now and they have plenty of places with 150+ beers, but it's nothing like Cincy. Oh, and if you want a Canadian beer, they look at you like you have three eyes. Geez!

I don't drink beer much any more. (Wine? Another story). I went to school in Cincinnati and make an annual pilgrimage there. Big German population, and the town loves it's beer! They have huge converted industrial buildings and small former houses, all making their own beer and inviting people in. They even have craft beer crawl/rolls with vans that take you from place to place. I'm in Atlanta now and they have plenty of places with 150+ beers, but it's nothing like Cincy. Oh, and if you want a Canadian beer, they look at you like you have three eyes. Geez!

I was in Seattle for a week last year, and went to a joint that had something like 250 beers on tap. It was overwhelming. I wonder how they ensure that all the beer stays fresh?

That's too much choice and I don't think they can turnover the inventory fast enough. 10-15 is ideal in my opinion. My local beer store has 30 taps and there are beers on there from January. My local pub has 12 or so and the selection changes every 2-3 weeks

I was in Seattle for a week last year, and went to a joint that had something like 250 beers on tap. It was overwhelming. I wonder how they ensure that all the beer stays fresh?

It makes me want to ask, "ummm, do you have a Budweiser anywhere?"

Budweiser and Yuengling. At an all you can eat and drink oyster feast right now.

Good for YOU! I lived in the SC low country for a long time and I do LOVE a good oyster roast! Spent a week in Boston last summer and the cold water oysters were terrific in a different way. Found a great little place I went to daily, becoming an instant regular.