Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

On 12/12/2017 at 4:41 PM, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I tried a 6 pack of Victory's Sour Monkey on Thanksgiving. It was the first sour I'd ever had. It was pretty good. Though i should not have drank the whole 6 pack in one sitting. Family game night while home for the holidays will do that to you though.

cmon, you drank a six of that? See that'sI 9.5%. Man, I think I  can hold my booze, but no way could I drink of 6 of that not be a blabbering idiot( at least more than normal)

47 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

cmon, you drank a six of that? See that'sI 9.5%. Man, I think I  can hold my booze, but no way could I drink of 6 of that not be a blabbering idiot( at least more than normal)

It definitely snuck up on me. I didnt know what the alcohol percentage was until after I'd had 4 and was surprised how buzzed I was. Luckily, the whole family was drunk so if I was an idiot they were too.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I will take your word for that.

Boneshaker is something called beer that makes you know you are drinking alcohol.

Guinness falls just short of being a lite beer at 125 calories and 4.2% ABV per 12 oz. Wish i liked it more, great session beer!

Those Sour Monkeys at 9.5% ABV  yowzer drinking 6 of those is impressive!

44 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Just picked up a bottle of Hardywood Kentucky Christmas Morning Stout.  Excited for this one.  Was hoping to find 2, one for now, one to age.  But it seems i got the last one in the Philly main line area.

Pooj, if they sell at brewery i more than happy to go grab you some. PM me.

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Just picked up a bottle of Hardywood Kentucky Christmas Morning Stout.  Excited for this one.  Was hoping to find 2, one for now, one to age.  But it seems i got the last one in the Philly main line area.

Sounds awesome.  All I’ve been drinking are stouts lately.  Great winter beer.  I’ve heard rumors about it, but haven’t been able to find it until last night.  Apparently, Magic Hat releases a limited edition raspberry stout every year around the holidays.  My beer guy only got 12 four packs, and I got the last one this afternoon.  Going to give it a try tonight.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Guinness falls just short of being a lite beer at 125 calories and 4.2% ABV per 12 oz. Wish i liked it more, great session beer!

Ever have a http://flyingdogbrewery.com/?beers=raging-B word

Good God. Beer wasn't meant to be like that.

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Scored a second bottle from Wegmans. They were only giving one per person apparently 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey Pooj, Cletus and I are hitting up some Richmond places tonight. Starting at Veil. Any suggestions? Let me know if any bottle you want in particular, can get it shipped or share a beer and deliver if you are in Richmond at all for the holidays.

Or Pooj can just come up to camp.... his camp is 5-10 minutes from my house....

• Haha (+1) 1

outside of the scott's addition trio(Veil, Ardent and Isley, Triple Crossing(not the downtown location) is a must hit place, Strangeways has some very interesting beers and of course the Answer is also pumping out some amazing stuff(Cletus, they don't have beers like this at The Shaw House, Lee House maybe :-) ).  I am going to be passing through richmond next week on my way to savannah, I am trying to figure out when and I will let you know.

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey Pooj, Cletus and I are hitting up some Richmond places tonight. Starting at Veil. Any suggestions? Let me know if any bottle you want in particular, can get it shipped or share a beer and deliver if you are in Richmond at all for the holidays.

2 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

outside of the scott's addition trio(Veil, Ardent and Isley, Triple Crossing(not the downtown location) is a must hit place, Strangeways has some very interesting beers and of course the Answer is also pumping out some amazing stuff(Cletus, they don't have beers like this at The Shaw House, Lee House maybe :-) ).  I am going to be passing through richmond next week on my way to savannah, I am trying to figure out when and I will let you know.

I like Strangeways as they have a lot of good sours and funky beers, but Cletus more a hophead i think. We shall see. Going to change starting place to Ardent as I like their outdoor space(nice out today) and can start with a nice Saison before hitting the hops!!!