Peppers making his case

Yes we also have needs at other positions but safety/matchup LB is definately one of them......there are those that make a case that it is he most DIRE need

The guy is coming out and working out with both the linebackers AND safeties.....not backing down from any challenge...and looks fantastic

Just saying

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a Safety, when A Williams went down our entire season went with him. That sounds melodramatic but our defense imploded without a decent safety back there.

Two years in a row saw our defense missing A Williams.

Yes we also have needs at other positions but safety/matchup LB is definately one of them......there are those that make a case that it is he most DIRE need

The guy is coming out and working out with both the linebackers AND safeties.....not backing down from any challenge...and looks fantastic

Just saying

This draft is loaded with back end help. Peppers is not someone I'd look to before the 3rd round.

Just saying

He looked real good out there. And agree about his mentality. He's a Safety though. And he's going in round one. And probably in the top half.

Just saying

Like I said...

:thumbsup:

Just saying

Definitely is.

We need a Safety, when A Williams went down our entire season went with him. That sounds melodramatic but our defense imploded without a decent safety back there.

The defense was going down with or without him......but it's a convenient excuse and Bills fans need a "legend" to believe in.

They could have addressed the safety position in FA and gotten All-Pro to Pro Bowl quality......Eric Weddle was great but a bit pricey but Reggie Nelson was also better in Oakland than AW has ever been........there is life after AW the team just needs to, you know......get a decent safety and stop relying on a guy that busted up his neck early in 2014 and has had it duct taped together for the past three years. He hasn't made plays since 2013 for chrissake. #LegendofAW

The defense was going down with or without him......but it's a convenient excuse and Bills fans need a "legend" to believe in.

They could have addressed the safety position in FA and gotten All-Pro to Pro Bowl quality......Eric Weddle was great but a bit pricey but Reggie Nelson was also better in Oakland than AW has ever been........there is life after AW the team just needs to, you know......get a decent safety and stop relying on a guy that busted up his neck early in 2014 and has had it duct taped together for the past three years. He hasn't made plays since 2013 for chrissake. #LegendofAW

I think he might be saying that perhaps it doesnt go down in flames if we had a quality safety (not Williams in particular)

I think I agree with that.....the communication was so bad in or secondary......the coaching so inept

I think he might be saying that perhaps it doesnt go down in flames if we had a quality safety (not Williams in particular)

I think I agree with that.....the communication was so bad in or secondary......the coaching so inept

It wasn't going to matter. As I've said, Ajayi was on pace for 200 yards in that Miami game BEFORE AW took that hard shot from Landry. They had played a string of poor QB's to that point.....including Fitz who had carpet-bombed AW's secondary. AW hasn't made plays in years. But, again, there has to be an excuse so people use AW loss as a crutch.

It may sound melodramatic, but it also sounds quite accurate. Unfortunately, as valuable as he's been back there and to the D as a whole, we just can't trust that he'll last. Jarvis Landry is still not on my Christmas card list. I'd rather see him in jail, then I might forward a card. In my mind that should have been a healthy suspension.

Just saying

Safety/matchup LB. Like a rich man's Bryan Scott.

• 1 month later...

As a non-college football fan and follower, Peppers is one of the few real Elite college players I've seen.

Why isn't he an option at 10?

Not that I really value Mel Kiper's opinion, but it's being entertained at least by him:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.mlive.com/v1/articles/20509850/jabrill_peppers_no_10_overall.amp

Sorry if this has been discussed. Did a search and haven't seen his name in the titles of any threads.

Edited by transplantbillsfan