WWE/Professional Wrestling

Bray Wyatt

Saw an article today about how the WWE wants to make Money in the Bank part of their 'Big 5' PPV events. Could be interesting, so long as they don't try to pull some stupidity like having 4 MITB matches. I can't imagine a scenario where the crowd is still entertained by the time the 4th ladder match is going.

Would be fun to just have the men's and women's matches, with the winner able to cash in on either show.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I've never heard that story before, what happened?

"The only top world title that Vader never won was the WWE's top prize, and he was in fact scheduled to win that title in 1996 before Shawn Michaels put a stop to it. The plan was for Vader to defeat Michaels for the title at Survivor Series '96 at Madison Square Garden and go on to lose it back to HBK at the 1997 Royal Rumble in San Antonio, Shawn's hometown. Instead, Michaels decided he didn't want to work the program with Vader and the spot was given to Psycho Sid. Vader worked against Michaels at SummerSlam that year instead, a very good match (complete with a vintage Michaels' tempter tantrum) that showed the pair could have (and should have) had more great matches down the line."

Source: http://popculture.com/wwe/2018/06/23/vader-greatest-super-heavyweight/#2

Edited by Golden Goat

25 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

"The only top world title that Vader never won was the WWE's top prize, and he was in fact scheduled to win that title in 1996 before Shawn Michaels put a stop to it. The plan was for Vader to defeat Michaels for the title at Survivor Series '96 at Madison Square Garden and go on to lose it back to HBK at the 1997 Royal Rumble in San Antonio, Shawn's hometown. Instead, Michaels decided he didn't want to work the program with Vader and the spot was given to Psycho Sid. Vader worked against Michaels at SummerSlam that year instead, a very good match (complete with a vintage Michaels' tempter tantrum) that showed the pair could have (and should have) had more great matches down the line."

Source: http://popculture.com/wwe/2018/06/23/vader-greatest-super-heavyweight/#2

I actually do kinda remember hearing about that before now, Michaels was an unbelievable talent and performer but like in most industries was not a good person behind the scenes back in his heyday.  Seems like he has turned his life around now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I actually do kinda remember hearing about that before now, Michaels was an unbelievable talent and performer but like in most industries was not a good person behind the scenes back in his heyday.  Seems like he has turned his life around now.

Very much so. By many accounts, Triple H was a choir boy, and Michaels was anything but. A lot of Trips rubbed off on Michaels through the years. Absent of that friendship, even Michaels admits he might not have turned his life around.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Jerk said:

giphy.gif

Broke dude's neck. Just pick a finisher that's easy for everyone. How about a Stunner or Hogan leg-drop?

Because it's all about shocking the crowd. If you dont have the charisma or have won the crowd over to be a huge fan favorite like Hogan or Austin, you cant get away with having a finisher that is nothing more then a move someone might do during a regular match. Even Macho Mans elbow drop finisher is something no one would find impressive during a match anymore.

15 hours ago, The Jerk said:

giphy.gif

Broke dude's neck. Just pick a finisher that's easy for everyone. How about a Stunner or Hogan leg-drop?

I believe the stunner ended up hurting austins back and spine from landing on it repeatedly all the time

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Even Macho Mans elbow drop finisher is something no one would find impressive during a match anymore.

If Macho was still alive and doing the elbow people would still love it.

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I believe the stunner ended up hurting austins back and spine from landing on it repeatedly all the time

Probably, but so would taking regular back bumps and slams.

And come to find out that wasn't even his finisher.

2 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

If Macho was still alive and doing the elbow people would still love it.

Probably, but so would taking regular back bumps and slams.

And come to find out that wasn't even his finisher.

It was more of the compressing of the spine instead of hitting flat like a slam etc. so when he would drop down on his butt, the spine would compress etc.

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

It was more of the compressing of the spine instead of hitting flat like a slam etc. so when he would drop down on his butt, the spine would compress etc.

It almost looked like as he got older he started to land on an angle so he wouldn't drop straight down. May have also been to help the other person take the fall instead of bending forward

Didn't help Austin's spine when Owen Hart broke his neck with a botched piledriver.

I really hope that Japanese dude turns out alright. That bump was nasty, but I would hope that it's a good sign that he was able to move his arms and grasp his head/neck after landing.

Edited by Koko78