WWE/Professional Wrestling

Bray Wyatt

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

They have everything scheduled down to the minute, they can figure out how to time matches and interview/promo segments around commercial breaks. I agree that they were getting a bit silly with the 2-out-of-3 falls matches to break things up.

I don't disagree that putting it on Maria is a good choice. It gives her character more reasons to be detested (she is a great heel, especially with the emasculation of her husband), and it allows for some creative way to get it off her - without her actually having to take any bumps. The 24/7 championship has been so great as a comedy belt, because McMahon is letting the performers show their creativity.

And thats not even discussing the tag match which I thought was great, with the new champs, Brock MDK'ing Seth, or Cedric off the top of the jumbotron

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

And thats not even discussing the tag match which I thought was great...

On a side note, I'm thrilled that they're going back to actual stables. They just need to move Balor over to the "OC" (I hate that name BTW).

46 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

On a side note, I'm thrilled that they're going back to actual stables. They just need to move Balor over to the "OC" (I hate that name BTW).

Agreed, and with the depth of their roster they should have more use for them, get more people TV time. OC is an awful name not sure who signed off on that, and surprised they arent gettin in trouble from that awful TV show

3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I have heard people bitching about the fact that they stopped doing stuff during the commercial breaks because it made stuff predictable, I think they found a good balance on that end in this episode.  And I am a big Ricochet (Prince Puma!) fan so was glad to see him and Andrade get some shine. Some people I know think Sami may be getting a face turn, we will see.

As for Maria, I think the idea is brilliant, slows down the constant chaos of what has been the 24/7 belt, and also could allow for some creative ways to take it off her. My guess is Mike will have enough and pin her while she is sleeping or something

Maybe she won't lose the belt until she has the baby. While the baby is resting upon her chest as she lies down a ref can come in and count the 1,2,3. And the newborn will be the new 24/7 champ.  

Thinking outside the box ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Maybe she won't lose the belt until she has the baby. While the baby is resting upon her chest as she lies down a ref can come in and count the 1,2,3. And the newborn will be the new 24/7 champ.  

Thinking outside the box ?

Isn't the kid co-champion already?

56 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Isn't the kid co-champion already?

Hmmm, well I guess you could say that, only until he/she comes out.

And to be honest, I highly doubt she is knocked up anyways. They are put on the shelf when they are.

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Hmmm, well I guess you could say that, only until he/she comes out.

And to be honest, I highly doubt she is knocked up anyways. They are put on the shelf when they are.

All reports are that she actually is.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/7/26/8931859/why-maria-kanellis-missed-smackdown-205-live-pregnancy-sick

Of course, there's no reason to put her on the shelf just yet. She's not an active in-ring performer. She will be shelved before long, but she can still do her evil B word thing.

Just now, Koko78 said:

All reports are that she actually is.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/7/26/8931859/why-maria-kanellis-missed-smackdown-205-live-pregnancy-sick

Of course, there's no reason to put her on the shelf just yet. She's not an active in-ring performer. She will be shelved before long, but she can still do her evil B word thing.

I don't know, I still don't believe she is. They normally would not even take chances with the women and she has been involved every week the past 3 weeks or so. Whether it's physical or not they normally don't take chances with that at all.

Like the Miz's wife. I remember when it was announced she was pregs (the 2nd time), she was shown that 1 episode and then none after that.

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I don't know, I still don't believe she is. They normally would not even take chances with the women and she has been involved every week the past 3 weeks or so. Whether it's physical or not they normally don't take chances with that at all.

Like the Miz's wife. I remember when it was announced she was pregs (the 2nd time), she was shown that 1 episode and then none after that.

Could be any number of reasons why Maryse disappeared after the announcement. She may not have been under contract (and if she was, she certainly was not full-time like Maria), and the Miz certainly didn't need her to advance his then-storylines. That's not counting that it could have been Maryse's choice not to go on the road while preggo. On top of that, how much extra work was she doing with the Miz & Mrs. filming? It's not like she was a fixture before getting pregnant.

It's not exactly much of a risk for Maria to do some backstage segments and berate her husband on a weekly basis at 13 weeks. She's pregnant, not an invalid.

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Could be any number of reasons why Maryse disappeared after the announcement. She may not have been under contract (and if she was, she certainly was not full-time like Maria), and the Miz certainly didn't need her to advance his then-storylines. That's not counting that it could have been Maryse's choice not to go on the road while preggo. On top of that, how much extra work was she doing with the Miz & Mrs. filming? It's not like she was a fixture before getting pregnant.

It's not exactly much of a risk for Maria to do some backstage segments and berate her husband on a weekly basis at 13 weeks. She's pregnant, not an invalid.

Yea I get it. But her filming that other show is basically them at home etc. Not necessarily on Raw backstage being in "possible" harms way. In any event, if Maria would happen to take a fall while backstage at a Raw or if she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and got knocked down by another wrestler, then I would suspect WWE would be liable.

So I still don't buy that she's really pregnant, if she is, then I'd be surprised.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I heard the other day that normally HHH books their shows but now that it will be on USA, Vince will control more of it and probably make it more like the other 2 'brands'

I heard that too and then someone said it most likely has to do with more about the production value and making it a live program rather than a taped one. I hope Full Sail can handle all of that stuff

14 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I heard the other day that normally HHH books their shows but now that it will be on USA, Vince will control more of it and probably make it more like the other 2 'brands'

There are also reports that nothing would really be changing. I would give credence to HHH still running things. Not terribly likely that Vince is going to try to micromanage 7 hours of programming per week, on top of trying to run XFL.

Of course, if the ratings aren't there, all bets are off.