WWE/Professional Wrestling

Bray Wyatt

From the latest Observer, seems like they don't want Harper to walk

Right now the WWE side of things regarding Luke Harper is that he is not going to be released and they’ve added six months to his contract because they’ve said that his contract term that was to end in November, has been added to because it was frozen due to his time off for wrist surgery. So their viewpoint is that he can’t leave until just before next year’s WrestleMania. From an outside perspective, this seems to be a way to dissuade people from going public and saying they’re unhappy. The flip side was Dustin Runnels, who has been out for months with double knee surgery, but because he never said a word, denied he was leaving when rumors came out, was given a release and was able to immediately walk into a good position with AEW .

So did Harper have to agree to the extension? Otherwise this seems pretty shady

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

From the latest Observer, seems like they don't want Harper to walk

Right now the WWE side of things regarding Luke Harper is that he is not going to be released and they’ve added six months to his contract because they’ve said that his contract term that was to end in November, has been added to because it was frozen due to his time off for wrist surgery. So their viewpoint is that he can’t leave until just before next year’s WrestleMania. From an outside perspective, this seems to be a way to dissuade people from going public and saying they’re unhappy. The flip side was Dustin Runnels, who has been out for months with double knee surgery, but because he never said a word, denied he was leaving when rumors came out, was given a release and was able to immediately walk into a good position with AEW .

So did Harper have to agree to the extension? Otherwise this seems pretty shady

No, he did not have to agree. This is the same thing they pulled with Neville, and some others.

WWE Contracts apparently allow the company to freeze the time left on the contract when a performer is out due to illness/injury/whatever. Apparently the freezing provisions cover intentional walkouts as well. McMahon knows that few, if any, wrestlers have the resources to fight him in court over it - even if they were willing to risk career suicide by suing a promoter.

Sounds like the company is punishing those who publicly demand their release by enforcing the contract to the letter. Dustin Rhodes, for example, was granted his release, apparently because he did it quietly, and even denied being released a few weeks ago when asked. McMahon always struck me as a guy who would be reasonable if you approach him in a quiet and respectful manner, but has no problem going nuclear if you want to disrespect him by airing out your grievances publicly.

46 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

Enjoy.

Watertown, NY, mid 1980's I don't remember the exact year, but it was back when the WWF still did small house shows. Harley Race was the King Of The Ring so sometime after 1986 I think. We were at the Watertown High School gym for a show. Macho was one of the headliners for the night. Part way through the fire alarm starts going off, we think because we could smell burning popcorn from the concession stand. So they ask everyone to exit through the nearest exit. We are standing outside by the exit door and there's a car parked right there. All of a sudden, the door opens and out comes Macho and Elizabeth. He makes Liz get in the car and he stays outside watching the crowd. We were literally less than 10 feet away, and even though he was considered a good guy at the time, he had this look/vibe about him that no one dared approach him for pictures or autographs. Eventually they cleared the fire alarm and let us all back in, but it was so surreal, being that close to him. I kinda wish we could have at least taken a picture of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

WWE out of business yet?

No, but their ratings tanked this week. Both Raw and Smackdown dipped below 2 million viewers. Smackdown's numbers are the lowest in over 4 years.

Amazing what happens when you spend years refusing to either build stars or have your performers engage in storylines that are actually interesting.

28 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

No, but their ratings tanked this week. Both Raw and Smackdown dipped below 2 million viewers. Smackdown's numbers are the lowest in over 4 years.

Amazing what happens when you spend years refusing to either build stars or have your performers engage in storylines that are actually interesting.

Will AEW catch on?????

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Will AEW catch on?????

It will be interesting to see. The Khans can throw a crapton of money at the promotion to keep it afloat, along with using their influence and money to get a TV deal.

If they're smart about how they present the product, AEW has a good chance at success. The real question is whether they'll ever really be a threat to the WWE.

On 3/3/2017 at 6:41 PM, Bray Wyatt said:

Didn't see a thread started but us "marks" enjoy discussing what is going on in the world of wrestling so I figured we could have a place to talk about that here

Any thoughts on whats shaping up for a good Wrestlemania season? Do you prefer raw or smackdown? Fast lane is this Sunday, goes Owens retain? Who are your favorites and what rumors Do you hear?

Keep your eye on John Rodin... 

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

It will be interesting to see. The Khans can throw a crapton of money at the promotion to keep it afloat, along with using their influence and money to get a TV deal.

If they're smart about how they present the product, AEW has a good chance at success. The real question is whether they'll ever really be a threat to the WWE.

Im hoping so.

I just cant do WWE.  I want to, I have tried... but 3 hour Raw shows are impossible and everything gets stretched out and saturated.  Then the Smackdown thing the next night, another 2 hours.  

I watched Wrestlemania, but it was like 6 hours and I couldnt last, and I think I missed the last 3 matches.

The storylines and characters are all very miscellaneous and dull.  

36 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Im hoping so.

I just cant do WWE.  I want to, I have tried... but 3 hour Raw shows are impossible and everything gets stretched out and saturated.  Then the Smackdown thing the next night, another 2 hours.  

I watched Wrestlemania, but it was like 6 hours and I couldnt last, and I think I missed the last 3 matches.

The storylines and characters are all very miscellaneous and dull.  

A minimum of 5 hours of programming per week, and they still can't find time to tell a coherent story.

But hey, we get to see the next PPV main event match wrestled 4 times before the actual match!

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Interesting that the guy above you references slipknot when Corey Taylor was in fact involved lol

Also shows how creative Bray can be seeing as he had this all in his head and knew people to help get it off the ground, pretty cool

44 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Interesting that the guy above you references slipknot when Corey Taylor was in fact involved lol

Also shows how creative Bray can be seeing as he had this all in his head and knew people to help get it off the ground, pretty cool

Lol, I found it funny too that I mentioned them and the article mentions Corey Taylor

From my understanding though, they didn't have anything to do with his mask, just the place that made this one has also made ones for Corey Taylor of Slipknot.