Make Your TV 4K

TSNBDSC

As someone who used to sell TVs and works in video, I'm confused.

There are literally only so many pixels on a 1080p TV, 1920x1080 to be exact. 4K is shot at 4096x226 pixels.

How is this cable able to add more pixels to a TV screen that only has a specific amount of pixels?

Would this be worth it? I found them on eBay for 49.99. My television is LED 1080p. 65" Samsung. Anybody have any thoughts?

I don't have any 4K programming currently through DIRECTV...well that I know of. Maybe major sports events?

No. You need a 4K TV for this.

As someone who used to sell TVs and works in video, I'm confused.

There are literally only so many pixels on a 1080p TV, 1920x1080 to be exact. 4K is shot at 4096x226 pixels.

How is this cable able to add more pixels to a TV screen that only has a specific amount of pixels?

It's not. The "ad disguised as an article" is confusing. It's just upscaling 1080 content to 4K for your 4K TV. They used to do this for DVDs (480) to upscale them to 720. Back then it had a little improvement, but it still wasn't as good as a true 720 broadcast. I would imagine this is the same.

Edit: The first link in that article goes to a domain that immediately redirects you to a page that attempts to get you to subscribe to a YouTube channel. If this is an honest attempt at an article from WGRZ.com, then they have the internet acumen of an 90-year old grandmother, and you should never visit their site again.

Edited by QCity

It's not. The "ad disguised as an article" is confusing. It's just upscaling 1080 content to 4K for your 4K TV. They used to do this for DVDs (480) to upscale them to 720. Back then it had a little improvement, but it still wasn't as good as a true 720 broadcast. I would imagine this is the same.

Edit: The first link in that article goes to a domain that immediately redirects you to a page that attempts to get you to subscribe to a YouTube channel. If this is an honest attempt at an article from WGRZ.com, then they have the internet acumen of an 90-year old grandmother, and you should never visit their site again.

I see that now.

No. You need a 4K TV for this.

I if I understand it correctly, the cable will upscale 480p and 720p content if you have a 1080p TV.

You DO need a 4K TV to experience the upscaling of 1080p content.