The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/opinion/israel-palestine-zionism.html

IS THE NEW YORK TIMES A LIBERAL NEWSPAPER? Of course it is: Attacks on Jews Over Israel Are a Gift to the Right.

nyt_attacks_on_jews_gift_to_the_right_05

Republicans pounce! Over — checks notes — leftist anti-Semitism.

Or as Jim Treacher likes to say, “When Republicans screw up, that’s the story. When Democrats screw up, the Republicans’ reaction is the story.”

On 3/20/2021 at 5:06 PM, Gene Frenkle said:

I think it's probably right. Self-hatred because his "addiction" conflicted with his religious beliefs. The kid is mess up, surely.

That said, perhaps he's saying his motivations weren't racial to avoid the hate crime charges? Anyone who says they know for sure or take the murderer at his word at this point probably has an agenda.

I agree here, which is why the rush to label this as a whitey hate crime is so vile.  

Divisive, harmful and egregious. 

Personally, I’ve never really understood why it’s all that much worse to kill someone because they are _____.  I’d think many crimes against police are hate crimes, most rapists likely have some degree of hatred against females, and if a  cat shivs me in the yard I’m no less or more dead than I would be whether he’s a crip, blood, jet or Aryan. 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/opinion/israel-palestine-zionism.html

IS THE NEW YORK TIMES A LIBERAL NEWSPAPER? Of course it is: Attacks on Jews Over Israel Are a Gift to the Right.

nyt_attacks_on_jews_gift_to_the_right_05

Republicans pounce! Over — checks notes — leftist anti-Semitism.

Or as Jim Treacher likes to say, “When Republicans screw up, that’s the story. When Democrats screw up, the Republicans’ reaction is the story.”

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd, it is switched  

steve_guest_nyt_changes_headline_5-25-21

Media Pathetically Creates a Biden We All Know Isn’t There.

With George W. Bush, journalists lied a lot and kept reminding people that he was stupid.

Barack Obama came along and they giggled like ditzy school girls who spent their nights writing prom fantasies about him in their feelings journals.

With Trump they lied about everything and attacked like vicious, rabid animals. Then they’d go off whimpering about the fact that Trump supporters hated them.

Joe Biden presents challenges to the journo hacks the likes of which they’ve never encountered.

Read the whole thing.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2021/05/26/media-pathetically-creates-a-biden-we-all-know-isnt-there-n1449529

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve listed this before:

Kennedy...camelot

Carter....hardworking peanut farmer

Clinton....cool hipster

Obama...super cool savior 

Biden...simple working man

Nixon....a crook

Ford....bumbling clutz

Bush....dumb cowboy 

Reagan....senile 

Trump....Russian puppet

Anyone notice a trend there? 
This has been going on for decades!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

DO NOT TRUST CONTENT FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES: 

The Times doesn’t even pay attention to its own reporting when it doesn’t suit the narrative, in this case that until this month, recent antisemitic violence was largely a Trump-related phenomenon.

Here is what the Times itself reported in February 2020: “Most of the anti-Semitic incidents in New York have not been perpetrated by jihadists or far-right extremists, but by young African-American men.” In fact, I believe that none of incidents were ultimately traced to “far-right extremists.” The Jersey City and Monsey murders, which were of course covered in the Times, were perpetrated by individuals who had imbibed hateful extremist black nationalist ideologies.

Facts are subservient to the Narrative.

https://reason.com/volokh/2021/05/27/another-example-of-why-the-new-york-times-is-not-a-trustworthy-source/

So now we know several of Trump's "lies" according to WAPO are the truth.

1) the tax cuts were the largest of all time(1.9 trillion with no others as large) 

2) Russian collusion was never true.

3) coronavirus started in a lab.

4) the border would become a crisis without him.

5) he spent more money on the military than any president in a year.

All of these are in their top ten "lies" by the WA PO which are all true. The rest of list is simply arguable opinions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/26/2021 at 4:02 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve listed this before:

Kennedy...camelot

Carter....hardworking peanut farmer

Clinton....cool hipster

Obama...super cool savior 

Biden...simple working man

Nixon....a crook

Ford....bumbling clutz

Bush....dumb cowboy 

Reagan....senile 

Trump....Russian puppet

Anyone notice a trend there? 
This has been going on for decades!

Well done...I see the establishment corporate media has you right where they want you- an independent thinker...😉

Edited by JaCrispy

The media had created an environment where, over the past few years, the same people stayed falling for:

Russiagate

Bountygate

Sandmann mocking a Native American

Officer Sicknick killed by MAGA

Denial of Wuhan lab leak potential

Im sure I’m missing a few.... Our Mainstream Media has the lowest trust of any American institution, yet 45% still trust them.... how!?... THEY LIE TO YOU ALL THE TIME

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The media had created an environment where, over the past few years, the same people stayed falling for:

Russiagate

Bountygate

Sandmann mocking a Native American

Officer Sicknick killed by MAGA

Denial of Wuhan lab leak potential

Im sure I’m missing a few.... Our Mainstream Media has the lowest trust of any American institution, yet 45% still trust them.... how!?... THEY LIE TO YOU ALL THE TIME

Didn't Trump really sign an agreement with the Russians while the 2016 election was going on and Russia was trying to help elect Trump? 

You can say it was all lies, but the U.S. National security services reported this stuff. So why you blaming the media?