The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Isn't Taibbi a D?

Yes, but he's been pretty level headed (even though I'm still not a huge fan for reasons unrelated to this story or his coverage of it). The article above just lays to waste the entire media complex's handling of this story. 

What he misses - and to be fair, what all the main stream journalists are missing who are trying to honestly puzzle it out is this bit (from the article):

The sequence of events in that second week of January, 2017 will now need to be heavily re-examined. We now know, from his own testimony, that former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper had some kind of role in helping CNN do its report, presumably by confirming part of the story, perhaps through an intermediary or two (there is some controversy over whom exactly was contacted, and when).

Why would real security officials help litigate this grave matter through the media? Why were the world’s most powerful investigative agencies acting like they were trying to move a stock, pushing an private, unverified report that even Buzzfeed could see had factual issues? It made no sense at the time, and makes less now.

What is missing in his story is the FISC memo and the revelation of the spying ring inside the DOJ/FBI in the spring of 2016. That's the starting gun - and very few people are covering it (because it's been buried under two plus years of new information/scandal). Once you plug that bit into the equation, the sequence of events and why things happened the way they did starts to make much more sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't know if he's a registered Dem, but his leanings are certainly well left of center.  But whether you agree with him or not, he's a stickler for the story and has never been swayed by someone pushing an opinion.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Means more for a left-leaning journalist to say something like this.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, GG said:

With a heavy heart I have to admit that Greenwald and Taibbi have been the few voices of objectivity and reason in this entire mess.

I recommend that every TDS denier read the long, but very thorough piece by Taibbi.  He's clearly not part of the Trump defenders' mob, yet he excoriates the media.

Taibbi's pretty good when he sticks to what he knows.

Which, unfortunately, is limited to "the media."

• Like (+1) 1

if i were trump, i wouldn't say anything about the mueller report for a few days or maybe a week.  wait for details to start leaking

then call a press conference.  make sure to invite his most vocal critics on the Russia Narrative.  Acosta, MSNBC, New York Times, everyone is invited

hold the press conference on the white house lawn.  show up a few minutes late.  let the attendees sit and wait.  then crank up the white house speakers and make his entrance to Queens "We Are The Champions"

Make sure to call on Acosta, MSNBC, NYT, etc.  Answer their questions politely and follow up with a comment on some of the past reporting on Russian Collusion

End the press conference noting the recent defeat of ISIL and make his exit to the tune of Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good To Me So Far"

Edited by /dev/null
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

if i were trump, i wouldn't say anything about the mueller report for a few days or maybe a week.  wait for details to start leaking

then call a press conference.  make sure to invite his most vocal critics on the Russia Narrative.  Acosta, MSNBC, New York Times, everyone is invited

hold the press conference on the white house lawn.  show up a few minutes late.  let the attendees sit and wait.  then crank up the white house speakers and make his entrance to Queens "We Are The Champions"

Make sure to call on Acosta, MSNBC, NYT, etc.  Answer their questions politely and follow up with a comment on some of the past reporting on Russian Collusion

End the press conference noting the recent defeat of ISIL and make his exit to the tune of Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good To Me So Far"

He'd never get the rights to Queen.

Instead, strut out to something from Alexander Nevsky...

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, /dev/null said:

except your average TDS snowflake wouldn't get the reference

Whereas "Russian march" is obvious enough for even the densest liberal to be offended by.  

Which is what would make it such an epic troll.

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Good luck with that.

And I'd come out to this:

Hand to each ear, (MAGA) bandana, the stare...

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

Per Maxine Waters

Waters said, “This president has a way of trying to get into people’s heads. He has been saying no collusion, no collusion over and over again for a long time. He’s going try to conclude that this report is proven that there is no collusion and you have a lot of his sycophants who’ll take the nod from him and they’ll say the same thing. We can’t allow them to get away with this. He does this all the time. This is not the end of anything. Well, it is to end the report and the investigation by Mueller but those of us who share these committees with our oversight because there are so much that needs to be taken a look at. it is not the end of everything.”

Time for people to recognize the democrat politicians are wasting our tax money

doing absolutely nothing.