The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

How The Washington Post is keeping up with the news about Joe Biden.

This — this!!! — is on the front page:
Screen%2BShot%2B2020-10-21%2Bat%2B5.58.2

From the article — here — we learn that Jill Biden "prioritizes a nicely set table" and that requires candles, the Biden family likes pasta and chicken pot pie, and that dinner is — get this — "a tradition" in the Biden family. Moreover, to "splurge," Jill likes a martini and french fries, while Joe, "who doesn’t drink, famously devours ice cream cones." His "ice cream obsession" makes him "relatable."

Their "pantry" is "stocked with staples familiar to shoppers of suburban grocery stores... including peanut butter and grape jelly, sliced deli cheese, eggs and Haagen-Dazs ice cream." Mmm. You might want to put some of that stuff in the refrigerator. Ice cream in the freezer. I guess they weren't expecting anyone to actually read this bilge. Pantry, indeed. Oh, guess what? In the Biden family, they like apples and red grapes... and low-fat yogurt. Jill does all the cooking — "she enjoys it, especially with her family around, music on and a glass of wine by the stove."  

To be fair to The Washington Post, there are 2 other Biden-related items on the front page:

Posted by Ann Althouse 

56 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

😄

Wikipedia. 

Even still being Wikipedia they acknowledge, but of course downplay, that Steeles subsource told the FBI his information was garbage in January of 2017 and the FBI still went to the FISA court to renew. They are obligated to update the court with this information and they didn't in order that they could continue to spy on Carter Page. I understand that you hate Trump enough that you're seemingly ok with this. But are YOU personally ok with the FBI using known garbage in order to spy on you personally or your family? At the end of the day this really isn't about Trump, although you'd like it to be. It's with government institutions that we've granted massive powers, turning around and using those powers to trample on the constitutional rights of American citizens. Its simply not ok to do this no matter what your politics are. 

If you are ok with that,  then the question is why? Because you hate or disagree with Trump and/or Republicans is not a viable answer.

Carter Page...

Probably because his actions, regardless of his past affiliations, were questionable in the eyes of most folks in the Intelligence field.

The dossier said that there were plans in play to offer a 19% stake in Rosneft  one of Russia's state-owned oil/gas companies as a bribe to get sanctions lifted.

Carter met with that same company and not long after a 19% stake of the company was sold to a private party and the money funneled to an account hidden behind multiple shell companies. That was pretty good inside info.

As soon as Trump took office efforts were made by his administration to lift the sanctions against Russia, oddly with no concessions from Russia. Both sides of the isle in Congress rushed to block those efforts.

Within days after the inauguration, new Trump administration officials ordered State Department staffers to develop proposals for immediately revoking the economic and other sanctions.[293] One retired diplomat later said, "What was troubling about these stories is that suddenly I was hearing that we were preparing to rescind sanctions in exchange for, well, nothing."[294] The staffers alerted Congressional allies who took steps to codify the sanctions into law. The attempt to overturn the sanctions was abandoned after Flynn's conversation was revealed and Flynn resigned.[293][177] In August 2017, Congress passed a bipartisan bill to impose new sanctions on Russia. Trump reluctantly signed the bill, but then refused to implement it.[29

The dossier did not have to be smoking tablets from God to peak the interests of our FBI. There was enough credible info there to warrant a follow-up.

Lawfare did a pretty objective review of the dossier too.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-dossier-retrospective

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, WideNine said:

Carter Page...

Probably because his actions, regardless of his past affiliations, were questionable in the eyes of most folks in the Intelligence field.

The dossier said that there were plans in play to offer a 19% stake in Rosneft  one of Russia's state-owned oil/gas companies as a bribe to get sanctions lifted.

Carter met with that same company and not long after a 19% stake of the company was sold to a private party and the money funneled to an account hidden behind multiple shell companies. That was pretty good inside info.

As soon as Trump took office efforts were made by his administration to lift the sanctions against Russia, oddly with no concessions from Russia. Both sides of the isle in Congress rushed to block those efforts.

Within days after the inauguration, new Trump administration officials ordered State Department staffers to develop proposals for immediately revoking the economic and other sanctions.[293] One retired diplomat later said, "What was troubling about these stories is that suddenly I was hearing that we were preparing to rescind sanctions in exchange for, well, nothing."[294] The staffers alerted Congressional allies who took steps to codify the sanctions into law. The attempt to overturn the sanctions was abandoned after Flynn's conversation was revealed and Flynn resigned.[293][177] In August 2017, Congress passed a bipartisan bill to impose new sanctions on Russia. Trump reluctantly signed the bill, but then refused to implement it.[29

The dossier did not have to be smoking tablets from God to peak the interests of our FBI. There was enough credible info there to warrant a follow-up.

Let me grant you all of the above as true and sufficient evidence for the fbi to go in front of a FISA judge and ask for a warrant to spy on an American citizen, Carter Page.

Then why did:

1. An FBI lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, alter evidence in an email that stated Carter Page WAS a CIA informant to say that he  WAS NOT a CIA informant? 

2. The FBI, after interviewing Steeles primary dossier sub source in January of 2017 ( who we now know that he himself was under investigation as an agent of Russia) and learning that the information he gave Steele was bunk,  didn't fulfill their OBLIGATION to inform the FISA court of this?

If all of your information is correct and sufficient evidence to gain a FISA warrant in order to SPY ON AN AMERICAN CITIZEN then why these overt. egregious purposeful "errors" in pursuing continued surveillance of Carter Page?

I'll tell you why, it's because had the FISA court been made aware of the original unaltered CIA email or been informed that the dossier was crap, then their FISA warrant goes bye bye.

Carter Page is going to be a very, very rich man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, WideNine said:

Carter Page...

Lawfare, objective? 😄

The rest was mildly humorous, but that's pure gold right there, Jerry.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/18/2020 at 8:19 AM, BillsFanNC said:

As enemies of the people this behavior is not unexpected. Its up to honest people to hold them to account, no matter who they support politically. 

"Accuse your opponent of what you are doing, to create confusion and to inculcate voters against evidence of your own guilt" Saul Alinsky, .

projection is their MO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 10/21/2020 at 7:06 AM, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Too bad Trumped walked out of that interview like a giant *****

...I see it didn't take you long to pollute the newly launched site with your SAME fecal material.......heard the over/under on your new logins there is 17 by the end of October.............

Well, I've been

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

If you can't tell, you are the mark.

Feel bad for ya.

Buh bye.

Lol, I've been pointing it out for 25 years. People who pay less attention gave the media the benefit of the doubt for not being completely dishonest shills. Not a small part of why Trump is going to win big next Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 1

The media promised to do better after
Trump’s 2016 win — instead, they got worse

New York Post, by Kyle Smith

Original Article

The media tackled what was happening in the summer and fall of 2016 like the third-string of the New York Jets. They blew it. They whiffed. They could not conceive of a Donald Trump victory, and so they portrayed this event as a near-impossibility. To their credit, they admitted it, and they vowed to do better next time. “If I have a mea culpa for journalists and journalism, it’s that we’ve got to do a much better job of being on the road, out in the country, talking to different kinds of people than the people we talk to … and remind ourselves that New York is not the real world,”

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The media promised to do better after
Trump’s 2016 win — instead, they got worse

New York Post, by Kyle Smith

Original Article

The media tackled what was happening in the summer and fall of 2016 like the third-string of the New York Jets. They blew it. They whiffed. They could not conceive of a Donald Trump victory, and so they portrayed this event as a near-impossibility. To their credit, they admitted it, and they vowed to do better next time. “If I have a mea culpa for journalists and journalism, it’s that we’ve got to do a much better job of being on the road, out in the country, talking to different kinds of people than the people we talk to … and remind ourselves that New York is not the real world,”

...LMAO....just like your collegiate promise......."I promise and swear I WILL call you tomorrow"....got it......

We still get the Buffalo Snooze  for my mom, but she really doesn't read it any more. Thinking of dropping it by Thanksgiving. The only thongs I read in the Sunday paper are  the Obits, puzzles,  comics and ads. Happened to leaf through the first section today and ever article was a hit piece  on Trump. Not a word on Biden or his son.

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Wait... I may be out of the loop. But there's a new site? Did the right wing snowflakes get sick of the silent majority of the left here actually speaking?

Yes, yes there is, and yes they did.  Originally the site address was a "secret" among selected snowflakes but it's since been posted in at least two threads that I've seen.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:17 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I see it didn't take you long to pollute the newly launched site with your SAME fecal material.......heard the over/under on your new logins there is 17 by the end of October.............

Got a link to the new site? I would like to participate. 

14 hours ago, Wacka said:

We still get the Buffalo Snooze  for my mom, but she really doesn't read it any more. Thinking of dropping it by Thanksgiving. The only thongs I read in the Sunday paper are  the Obits, puzzles,  comics and ads. Happened to leaf through the first section today and ever article was a hit piece  on Trump. Not a word on Biden or his son.

Really?