The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where Flynn was waterboarded and otherwise tortured into lying to a federal agent.

Everything here is about whether he should have been the subject of investigation, and I see that argument (although I'm not convinced). But there is absolutely no argument for why he lied to a federal agent -- an easily provable lie, and one that's a crime, and if Flynn didn't know that he's even dumber than he looks.

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where Flynn was waterboarded and otherwise tortured into lying to a federal agent.

Everything here is about whether he should have been the subject of investigation, and I see that argument (although I'm not convinced). But there is absolutely no argument for why he lied to a federal agent -- an easily provable lie, and one that's a crime, and if Flynn didn't know that he's even dumber than he looks.

The argument here has been (and which appears to be corroborated from the discovery releases in the past few weeks) that per the FBI agents' contemporaneous notes he DIDN'T lie to the FBI.  He didn't have notes about the Kislyak call when he initially spoke to the FBI agents, but they said he seemed truthful. A few edits later, Mueller's crew told him he had details wrong when he spoke to the FBI & that they were looking into charging him & his son w/ (IIRC) FARA violations; but if he'd admit to what he believed (after being told by the SCO) to have been perjury then the other charges against him & his son would go away.

So, while he wasn't waterboarded, he didn't perjure himself either.  And everybody that participated in lying to General Flynn should spend a LONG time behind bars thinking about how bad it is to frame someone.

Not too sure about the FARA stuff, but it SEEMS that was overblown as well.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The argument here has been (and which appears to be corroborated from the discovery releases in the past few weeks) that per the FBI agents' contemporaneous notes he DIDN'T lie to the FBI.  He didn't have notes about the Kislyak call when he initially spoke to the FBI agents, but they said he seemed truthful. A few edits later, Mueller's crew told him he had details wrong when he spoke to the FBI & that they were looking into charging him & his son w/ (IIRC) FARA violations; but if he'd admit to what he believed (after being told by the SCO) to have been perjury then the other charges against him & his son would go away.

So, while he wasn't waterboarded, he didn't perjure himself either.  And everybody that participated in lying to General Flynn should spend a LONG time behind bars thinking about how bad it is to frame someone.

Not too sure about the FARA stuff, but it SEEMS that was overblown as well.

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation. I'll have to look for some other accounts of this whole episode.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, maybe. He was pretty reckless with the things he did.

The feds told him that he lied when he didn't but then they brought the full force of the government against Flynn. He went broke defending himself. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The DOJ, upon reviewing all the details available on the case they brought, concluded that the matter should never have commenced.  Individuals certainly can be reckless, but when the full weight and power of the US government has decided to crush you, you’re likely to be crushed.

Imo it’s basically like an ordinary citizen standing up to the Mob in the 1960s.  It has to feel a lot like this guy dancing on your skull. 

D89819FB-9301-43A0-96EC-555CCC9F11EA.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The DOJ, upon reviewing all the details available on the case they brought, concluded that the matter should never have commenced.  Individuals certainly can be reckless, but when the full weight and power of the US government has decided to crush you, you’re likely to be crushed.

Imo it’s basically like an ordinary citizen standing up to the Mob in the 1960s.  It has to feel a lot like this guy dancing on your skull. 

D89819FB-9301-43A0-96EC-555CCC9F11EA.jpeg

The new DOJ, under William Barr, decided that.

We will learn more as the District Court case proceeds.

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The new DOJ, under William Barr, decided that.

We will learn more as the District Court case proceeds.

The DOJ is the DOJ, no?   Justice is blind, no political bias, just a well researched case brought against an American with a distinguished record of service.  Seems the review revealed something different, and the DOJ moved to dismiss.  Seems straight forward. 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

:lol: 

In one post you admit you know dick about this case and should read more — now you say as a fact that Flynn was “pretty reckless with the things he did”. 

So, tell us, what reckless things did General Flynn do? This will be great... 🍿

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I wish.

:lol: What a choad. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In one post you admit you know dick about this case and should read more — now you say as a fact that Flynn was “pretty reckless with the things he did”. 

Thank you for saving me the key strokes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You, who know all, having applied your decoding stone to the Q poop, should be very familiar with this reckless behavior: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/09/us/politics/michael-flynn.html

[I can't wait for the cackle in response - hah! NY Times!!!! Not as reliable as some anonymous creep in the Philippines!!!!]

But as a civilian, he founded a consulting firm, Flynn Intel Group, that attracted high-paying clients. In a decision that appalled some friends, he agreed to give a speech in 2015 to RT, Russia’s state-controlled television network, for about $45,000. He was seated at the head table next to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

The next year, he pulled in at least $1.8 million from private intelligence and security services, consulting and speeches. About $530,000 came for work to discredit an enemy of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey. Mr. Flynn did not register with the Justice Department as a foreign agent, as required under lobbying disclosure laws, until the following spring when he was under federal scrutiny.

• Haha (+1) 1