The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am not one to hit women, but that beeotch deserves to get slapped right across her rude filthy mouth.

Her husband is all in with China. And the left cheers her like she is some great "journalist" instead of owned by the CCP.

• Like (+1) 1

I said when Trump was first elected that he's too much like Obama that when his party doesn't control both houses he'll resort to executive orders (but on steroids).  The power will continue to be shifted to the executive branch because of the increased polarization in both parties incentives Congress gridlock.

• Like (+1) 1

Trump walks out of news conference after reporter asks him about Veterans Choice lie he's told more than 150 times

Trump, speaking at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club, had claimed again that he is the one who got the Veterans Choice program passed -- adding, "They've been trying to get that passed for decades and decades and decades and no president's ever been able to do it, and we got it done."

In fact, former President Barack Obama signed the Choice program into law in 2014. The law, which allowed eligible veterans to be covered by the government for care provided by doctors outside the VA system, was a bipartisan initiative spearheaded by two senators Trump has repeatedly criticized, Bernie Sanders of Vermont and the late John McCain of Arizona.

What Trump signed was a 2018 law, the VA MISSION Act, that modified and expanded the eligibility criteria from the Choice program. Rather than tout that bill, Trump has claimed over and over that he created Veterans Choice itself -- after others had failed for "50 years."

"Why do you keep saying that you passed Veterans Choice?" CBS News White House correspondent Paula Reid asked Trump at the Saturday news conference, during which Trump announced executive actions on coronavirus relief.

As Trump tried to call on another reporter instead, Reid continued, "You said that you passed Veterans Choice. It was passed in 2014...it was a false statement, sir."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/politics/trump-veterans-choice-paula-reid/index.html

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The media sure does hate the people they're supposed to be working for... 

Good grief, give them a place to type their thoughts, and they'll tell you exactly who they are.  The left probably couldn't be any more racist if they really really tried.  I don't know if it's funnier, or scarier, that they don't realize their own racism.  What is the common theme;  the soft-biggotry of the "Left".  Is it really all that 'soft', anymore?  The projection is off the charts.  It's this kind of schiff that has the more intelligent on the left 'walking away'.  I'd be embarrassed if I were on the 'left', at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump walks out of presser after reporter refuses to cede her time to others. :lol: 

Boss.

This one hurts me a bit:  I have a lot of rent houses, and we were already trying to figure when we could start posting the legal notices we have to to boot people that aren't paying their rent (seems we landlords are the FIRST people to get screwed from the money;  even though most of the people living in my houses made more sitting at home doing nothing, than they ever did working).  I understand the need for it, but they have to realize that many, if not most, rent-houses are owned by individuals;  and if they don't pay rent, I can't pay mortgage on said rental property.  Hopefully there's some love for us, too.

New York Times: White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump to Mount Rushmore

According to a person familiar who spoke with the Times, Noem then greeted Trump when he arrived in the state for his July Fourth celebrations at the monument with a four-foot replica of Mount Rushmore that included his face.

According to a 2018 interview with Noem, the two struck up a conversation about the sculpture in the Oval Office during their first meeting, where she initially thought he was joking. "I started laughing," she said. "He wasn't laughing, so he was totally serious."

Trump also toyed with the idea of adding himself to Mount Rushmore in 2017 at a campaign rally in Youngstown, Ohio.

A White House official noted to the New York Times that Mount Rushmore is a federal, not a state monument.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/09/politics/mount-rushmore-trump-south-dakota/index.html

36 minutes ago, ALF said:

New York Times: White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump to Mount Rushmore

According to a person familiar who spoke with the Times, Noem then greeted Trump when he arrived in the state for his July Fourth celebrations at the monument with a four-foot replica of Mount Rushmore that included his face.

According to a 2018 interview with Noem, the two struck up a conversation about the sculpture in the Oval Office during their first meeting, where she initially thought he was joking. "I started laughing," she said. "He wasn't laughing, so he was totally serious."

Trump also toyed with the idea of adding himself to Mount Rushmore in 2017 at a campaign rally in Youngstown, Ohio.

A White House official noted to the New York Times that Mount Rushmore is a federal, not a state monument.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/09/politics/mount-rushmore-trump-south-dakota/index.html

....I really do like your lawn sign..............

Political Campaign Yard Sign, Donald Trump 2020, Republican, 18" x ...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

This one hurts me a bit:  I have a lot of rent houses, and we were already trying to figure when we could start posting the legal notices we have to to boot people that aren't paying their rent (seems we landlords are the FIRST people to get screwed from the money;  even though most of the people living in my houses made more sitting at home doing nothing, than they ever did working).  I understand the need for it, but they have to realize that many, if not most, rent-houses are owned by individuals;  and if they don't pay rent, I can't pay mortgage on said rental property.  Hopefully there's some love for us, too.

Out of curiosity, how many of your tenants didn't pay rent since Covid hit compared to normal times?  I just own one duplex that I rent out and the couple downstairs were able to finally pay the water bill after stalling for five months because of the jacked up unemployment benefits.

NYT brings this BS out again.  In Reagan's 2nd term   This was floated.  There is no room on the mountain  for another face. Unless these the city gof gold in National Treasure 2

48 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Out of curiosity, how many of your tenants didn't pay rent since Covid hit compared to normal times?  I just own one duplex that I rent out and the couple downstairs were able to finally pay the water bill after stalling for five months because of the jacked up unemployment benefits.

Didn't that eviction provision include only federally subsidised housing?