The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

8 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Repeat after me: Third and Long. 
The truth shall set you free. 

By the way, what time tonight do we meet for the next session of the Seventh Circle of Secret Initiates? My decoder ring is in another room right now. 

Well, this is really awkward. I'd like to tell you I was joking when I asked, but that would be a lie, and you're part of the cabal anyways. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Some people with no imagination think of it as something other than Third and Long, so I spelled it out for you. You also might think it is a reference to a football predicament but it is not. I'm 3rd because I fell for my ex (otherwise known as my soulless mate) and was the third person to do so. The long part comes from genetics and a secret formula. We have a poster here who claims to be an attorney that I call 3rd Chair that is always referring to my genitals. I think he was smart enough to figure out what my screen name actually represented and he's flirting with me. 

there is so much about this series of posts that is troubling.  Obviously, since I took the time to consider it, it's all on me.  Then, Nanks provides enlightenment and I'm forced to confront the limitations of my creativity and intellect because it all makes so much sense.  Still, I'm reading your response now and thinking the damn thing spins "3rdInning" again...could I be dyslexic?  Is that peven ossible at 59?  

That would be bad enough...but then you went and made it dirty.  

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

there is so much about this series of posts that is troubling.  Obviously, since I took the time to consider it, it's all on me.  Then, Nanks provides enlightenment and I'm forced to confront the limitations of my creativity and intellect because it all makes so much sense.  Still, I'm reading your response now and thinking the damn thing spins "3rdInning" again...could I be dyslexic?  Is that peven ossible at 59?  

That would be bad enough...but then you went and made it dirty.  

I think 55 might work better. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is another fantastic article.   Some of the most well written stuff on the media and censorship have been coming from the left wing of the country with Greenwald and Taibbi.  The only difference is that these guys are true blue lefties, the old school kind that used to care about civil liberties.  Not today's left wing hacks.

The article goes into Ronan Farrow, "Resistance Journalism", Russia gate conspiracy and general views on today's broken media.

If you have about 7 minutes to read this, I highly suggest you do.  It's fantastic.  This point with me resonates.

This trend — whereby diversity of opinion and dissent from orthodoxies are excluded from media discourse — is worsening rapidly due to two major factors. The first is that cable news programs are constructed to feed their audiences only self-affirming narratives that vindicate partisan loyalties. One liberal cable host told me that they receive ratings not for each show but for each segment, and they can see the ratings drop off — the remotes clicking away — if they put on the air anyone who criticizes the party to which that outlet is devoted (Democrats in the case of MSNBC and CNN, the GOP in the case of Fox).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

This is another fantastic article.   Some of the most well written stuff on the media and censorship have been coming from the left wing of the country with Greenwald and Taibbi.  The only difference is that these guys are true blue lefties, the old school kind that used to care about civil liberties.  Not today's left wing hacks.

The article goes into Ronan Farrow, "Resistance Journalism", Russia gate conspiracy and general views on today's broken media.

If you have about 7 minutes to read this, I highly suggest you do.  It's fantastic.  This point with me resonates.

This bit stood out as well:

"Put another way: As long the targets of one’s conspiracy theories and attacks are regarded as villains by the guardians of mainstream liberal social media circles, journalists reap endless career rewards for publishing unvetted and unproven — even false — attacks on such people, while never suffering any negative consequences when their stories are exposed as shabby frauds."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I haven't gotten to you yet, but since you brought it up. 

"3rd".  Deranged. Niagara. 3rd. Look at how it's laid out, you're literally 3rd.  You've offered a barrel, a barrel offers protection from harm.  You're providing cover for DR and Niagara50k.  I don't know why I didn't see it before.  

By the way, while I'm accusing you of treachery, a question.  I always read your screen name and think "3rd Inning".  I don't know why, but as I read this today, i realized it's only 3rd Inning if I have a speech impediment which wouldn't matter here.  That got me thinking, maybe it's not 3rd at all.  Maybe you're into RdnLngs, and you have 3.  The trouble is, what the heck is a Rdnlng? Elaborate, vile fiend. 

Well done Lenny Briscoe...you are opening your eyes. I do deserve a great deal of critique, some times I display not well thought out positions...but honest opinions and my opinions. I actually earn a living elsewhere.

But those I suggest should be discounted and be wary of the like of Rhino (was he not just voted off) has amassed 50,000 posts in far less time than imaginable. The obvious sign he is a paid agent. Look at your start date vs his. He does this full time, he is an agent, paid, and programed. 

Beware the Rhino...for he knows what he does, for money.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Well done Lenny Briscoe...you are opening your eyes. I do deserve a great deal of critique, some times I display not well thought out positions...but honest opinions and my opinions. I actually earn a living elsewhere.

But those I suggest should be discounted and be wary of the like of Rhino (was he not just voted off) has amassed 50,000 posts in far less time than imaginable. The obvious sign he is a paid agent. Look at your start date vs his. He does this full time, he is an agent, paid, and programed. 

I had never considered the idea that Rhino is a Russian agent.  Maybe he should be on the traitors list.  Food for thought. 

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Projection GIF - Movie - Discover & Share GIFs

From the guy spouting CCP talking points throughout this crisis without even realizing it. The same guy who wrote this: 

On 5/4/2020 at 4:09 PM, Niagara Bill said:

One of the most influential days of my life. Protests that were non violent and flower power was more important than a friggen phrase. NOT ONE WEAPON WAS NEEDED OR USED.

Today we watch a??'s think that protesting with an AR 15 and guns is cool. 

We cared about society as a whole. We wanted the world to be a better place. We did not think of individual freedoms.

We tried to stop violence and war....Today they want to insight violence. 

Make love not war was not a just a slogan.

Literally repeating the words of tyrants throughout history as if it were a positive. 

CCP Bill is a lot of things. But smart isn't one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

But hasn't he been right about like 95% of the political stuff? He called this whole Russia thing back like 3 years ago.

• Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Projection GIF - Movie - Discover & Share GIFs

From the guy spouting CCP talking points throughout this crisis without even realizing it. The same guy who wrote this: 

Literally repeating the words of tyrants throughout history as if it were a positive. 

CCP Bill is a lot of things. But smart isn't one of them.

Seriously, those who died at Kent State were commies and the National Guard were right in killing them. You are a bigger nut than I thought. OMG. You spend too much time defending your paycheck. The protest at Kent were the farthest from foreign interference that is possible. You support the gun toting people in Michigan 2 weeks ago, and I suppose in Virginia as well, but peaceful demonstrators being killed is ok. I cannot imagine how you can look in the mirror. You are the phoniest person/agent on this site. I hope you are embarrassed...

34 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

But hasn't he been right about like 95% of the political stuff? He called this whole Russia thing back like 3 years ago.

Exactly my point, he is an agent to try and influence you to vote in a certain manner. He is fed this stuff, he spends his life on web sites like this...but he has been uncovered, 

His Russian connections are very strong, he is one of THEM. Where is McCarthy when you need him.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Seriously, those who died at Kent State were commies and the National Guard were right in killing them. You are a bigger nut than I thought. OMG. You spend too much time defending your paycheck. The protest at Kent were the farthest from foreign interference that is possible. You support the gun toting people in Michigan 2 weeks ago, and I suppose in Virginia as well, but peaceful demonstrators being killed is ok. I cannot imagine how you can look in the mirror. You are the phoniest person/agent on this site. I hope you are embarrassed...

Asshat, that’s about the furthest thing away from the point. I even bolded the point for the cognitively impaired. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Asshat, that’s about the furthest thing away from the point. I even bolded the point for the cognitively impaired. 

Now that your cover has been blown can you introduce me to some Russian chicks?  That accent is hot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

I have been warned, and thank you.  

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Facts clearly have no place in CCP Bill's life. Just feelz. ;) :beer: 

Wait though...if you’re part of the machine, you would be right.  That would be how you draw us in. 

?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Exactly my point, he is an agent to try and influence you to vote in a certain manner. He is fed this stuff, he spends his life on web sites like this...but he has been uncovered, 

His Russian connections are very strong, he is one of THEM. Where is McCarthy when you need him.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, Niagara Bill said:

One of the most influential days of my life. Protests that were non violent and flower power was more important than a friggen phrase. NOT ONE WEAPON WAS NEEDED OR USED.

We cared about society as a whole. We wanted the world to be a better place. We did not think of individual freedoms.

You Canadians sure spell "incite" differently.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:
  On 5/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, Niagara Bill said:

You Canadians sure spell "incite" differently.

You are assuming my handle is honest (it is, honestly). But, the is Rhino who he says he is, and who he portrays to be. I know who he is, a paid agent. All part of the conspiracy. He is a pro...but even 007 is exposed...it's an Odd Job he has...but very harmful to the freedom of America. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

You are assuming my handle is honest (it is, honestly). But, the is Rhino who he says he is, and who he portrays to be. I know who he is, a paid agent. All part of the conspiracy. He is a pro...but even 007 is exposed...it's an Odd Job he has...but very harmful to the freedom of America. 

Nice dodge. 

Keep thinking you’re stopping war by ignoring individual freedoms — and while you’re at it, keep thinking you’re not a useless idiot for a fascist agenda.  It’s working out well for you so far. :lol: