The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That was just an epic takedown.  The perfect freaking response to these ridiculous criticisms of Trump saying "it's going to go from 15-0....or everyone is going to get a test."  

Wow.  He's guilty of being optimistic and trying to prevent panic from a disease the world had never seen and was relying on data from the WHO that up thru February was covering for China.

I guess yes Trump should have said "yea we are totally screwed prepare for infinite lockdowns.  Oh by the way in no way am I trying to distract from this bogus impeachment you've distracted the Country with.  And our top Doc on this Dr. Fauci, is telling me here on *checks date* March 9 yes you could still go on a Cruise."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

DEAR DIARY:

Screen-Shot-2020-04-18-at-2.50.38-PM.png

Imagine a British journalist publicly stating something like this during The Blitz. Our media class really is like a bunch of middle-school girls.

Welcome to America 2020. When faced with adversity, retreat to your safe space and cry yourself to sleep - but not before you make sure everyone knows how you feel, why you feel that way, and who is to blame for how you feel....

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Fixed

Makes me wonder why these bozos would even bring something up like that very embarrassing incident that included a Nobel Prize for the Butcher of Benghazi and the guy that teamed up with ISIS to help create the caliphate. 

47 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Makes me wonder why these bozos would even bring something up like that very embarrassing incident that included a Nobel Prize for the Butcher of Benghazi and the guy that teamed up with ISIS to help create the caliphate. 

It’s only embarrassing to you. 

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That was really something else.  It goes back with my discussion with @TPS    Context matters.

The criticism against Trump for the most part are the things he said.  But when you boil it down to the actions they were solid.   Especially the China decision.   Also FEMA has been a very competent force along with Pence’s coordination with the governors.  Despite all the teeth gnashing from governors and the media about Ventilators and hospital beds, it never truly became an issue.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I cam't remember the comedian's name , but he does a perfect imitation of Maher.  The guy has his condescending smarminess down to a T.  I hear him on Adam Carolla's podcast occasionally.

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

When you strip out the emotion and go straight to the facts and reasoning, typically the arguments on the right are more sound than those from the left.   That is especially so on this board.  The righties dominate over here.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Magox said:

When you strip out the emotion and go straight to the facts and reasoning, typically the arguments on the right are more sound than those from the left.   That is especially so on this board.  The righties dominate.

It's facts vs. feelzs. Also, when it comes to discussion between conservatives and liberals invariably the liberal displays a lack of tolerance. Their idea of a compromise is "this is what I want, now give it to me". 

• Like (+1) 1