The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

I’ll get flamed by a few on here but I would love it if on Friday, to end a long week, the press corps stood up and gave the Task Force representatives a brief but well earned standing ovation. These people have been working non stop seven days a week for almost a month now and still take time each early evening to patiently answer endless often nonsensical questions while doing a Herculean task in real time.  It would be great for the country to see some honest heartfelt appreciation. 
My two cents.

• Like (+1) 4

First kick out OAN from the daily briefings (note that the OAN reporter was there as a guest of the White House Press Secretary, wonder if she'll be back?), now trying to get the Murdoch boys to change their COVID-19 coverage?  <_< It is almost as if there is a concern among the political-left that reporting is getting out that they do not approve of!

• Thank you (+1) 3

afb040220dAPR20200402054506.jpg

Watch: Chuck Todd Gives Ridiculous Disclaimer Prior to Start of WH Coronavirus Task Force Press Briefing

c233e141-d0dc-41ea-ac46-57dcda1b4d52.jpg

FTA:

Todd’s disclaimer comes just days after he asked a question of 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden about Trump that was so outrageous even Biden characterized it as “too harsh”.

What Todd is actually saying here is that MSNBC reserves the right to filter the press briefings if Trump begins talking about relevant things Todd and MSNBC don’t want you to hear, much in the same way their partners in crime CNN absurdly cut away from “My Pillow” CEO Mike Lindell on Monday as he was about to talk about how his company was going to be producing up to 50,000 masks a day for healthcare workers to help combat the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak.

As I wrote in recent column, the media are going in the direction of seletively airing or not airing them at all of because one of their worst nightmares is coming true:

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think it's cute that the White House Correspondent's Association thinks they control the White House briefing room.

I think it would be funny if they walked in there tomorrow to find no chairs for the press. Since she doesn't get a seat, no one else does.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I think it's cute that the White House Correspondent's Association thinks they control the White House briefing room.

I think it would be funny if they walked in there tomorrow to find no chairs for the press. Since she doesn't get a seat, no one else does.

As long as I have a face, Chanel Rion has somewhere to sit

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ladies and gentlemen, the COVID19 take that could only come from Vox’s Ian Millhiser:

Millhouse never disappoints.

What a coincidence - I'm also writing a fantasy novel during quarantine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1