The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

On 3/27/2020 at 11:15 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

This article is appalling on several levels based simply on facts:

1) Communists started it and allowed it to get worse because they have no moral reason to stop it.

2) the areas of US getting beat up worse are the most liberal areas.

3) NYC itself is worst spot in country at least partially due to DeBlasio being pro PC and anti science.

4) the number of liberals blaming Trump for their lack of action shows that the Evangelicals are not the issue here.

But why let any intelligent thought cause the Times to care.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

How can that be true if every single kid is out of school? Who are they set back against? (I’m betting that going without a  couple of months of leftist brainwashing will actually prove to be good for this generation of kiddos!)

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

We need a leader we can trust and have faith in, and get behind! A guy like Joe Biden would be perfect.

Oh yeah, putting this guy in charge of anything is going to turn out well...

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

The MSM is so fearful of the public, hearing for themselves what Trump actually says, that they now want to shut down the broadcasting of his briefings and interpret those briefings to the public. They have become pathetic.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The MSM is so fearful of the public, hearing for themselves what Trump actually says, that they now want to shut down the broadcasting of his briefings and interpret those briefings to the public. They have become pathetic.

*****! His briefings are pure comedy! 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago,  3rdnlng said: 

Q-baby said:  *****! His briefings are pure comedy! 

Tiberius reacted to this
A match made in heaven!
Edited by Keukasmallies
editing for spacing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

ANALYSIS: TRUE. Why was early coronavirus coverage so lazy? The media’s insatiable thirst for political correctness:

President Trump’s order to halt all travel from China on January 31, for example, was met with hollers of xenophobia from the loudest corners of mainstream media. Those cries have since been memory-holed — quite literally, in some cases (Vox) — but it’s worth revisiting the where the worst actors in media stood when this pandemic started. In fact, it was the very next day after Trump’s executive order that mainstream media outlets published stories downplaying the threat as merely another xenophobic reaction to foreigners, just like they’ve done with Trump’s position on immigration at the southern border.

The night that President Trump issued his order, Vox tweeted, ‘Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No.’ That tweet was then deleted with a correction earlier this week. Lenny Bernstein at the Washington Post wrote on January 31, ‘Get a grippe [sic], America. The flu is a much bigger threat than Coronavirus, for now.’ The next day, the Washington Post published an op-ed titled, ‘Past epidemics prove fighting coronavirus with travel bans is a mistake.’ In what appeared to be a full court press against the president’s order, the paper published another piece on January 31, ‘How our brains make coronavirus seem scarier than it is.’ On February 3, they hit us with another op-ed headlined, ‘Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus’, arguing it would lead to more stigmatization of marginalized populations.

Related: Media Props up Michigan’s Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Mayor of New Orleans by Blaming President Trump for Their Own Errors.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

How can that be true if every single kid is out of school? Who are they set back against? (I’m betting that going without a  couple of months of leftist brainwashing will actually prove to be good for this generation of kiddos!)

The reality is that this is going to open a lot of eyes to the benefits of homeschooling, which is why you're seeing that ridiculous article. The teacher unions have been going out of their way to get the states to destroy home schooling opportunities, and this is going to put a dent in those efforts.

Parents are getting a first-hand look at how easy it is for their children to pull down school work, get their work done in a dedicated school desk at home, post it back up, line up virtual meetings with classmates, and essentially remove a lot of the ridiculous brainwashing that comes from today's hard-left school curriculum.

And look, I'm not saying the whole world is going to embrace homeschooling. It doesn't work for a lot of families where both parents work, and a lot of parents on social media right now are joking about the challenges of the whole family being quarantined, but I'm seeing so many people posting home schooling activities they're doing with their kids, and it's incredible to watch. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The reality is that this is going to open a lot of eyes to the benefits of homeschooling, which is why you're seeing that ridiculous article. The teacher unions have been going out of their way to get the states to destroy home schooling opportunities, and this is going to put a dent in those efforts.

Parents are getting a first-hand look at how easy it is for their children to pull down school work, get their work done in a dedicated school desk at home, post it back up, line up virtual meetings with classmates, and essentially remove a lot of the ridiculous brainwashing that comes from today's hard-left school curriculum.

And look, I'm not saying the whole world is going to embrace homeschooling. It doesn't work for a lot of families where both parents work, and a lot of parents on social media right now are joking about the challenges of the whole family being quarantined, but I'm seeing so many people posting home schooling activities they're doing with their kids, and it's incredible to watch. 

...from one of my employees whose wife is a school teacher (I CAN'T make this up).......parents are calling her pleading with," can you call my child about the importance about doing their work at home now?.....they won't listen to me"......FAILED "Parenting 101" IMO......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1