The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Study: Most Journalists Are To The Left Of Bernie Sanders (But Don’t Worry They’re Totally Fair)

Journalists-ideology-2.jpg                Journalists-ideology-e1582147276692.jpg

An academic study by a trio of professors claims to have proven there is no such thing as media bias despite the fact that the same study found most journalists are much father left than the average Twitter user. In fact, a majority of journalists, based on their Twitter interactions, are somewhere to the left of Bernie Sanders.

From the study:

Figure 2 shows the distribution of ideological positions of journalists based on their Twitter interactions. As can be seen, journalists are dominantly liberal and often fall far to the left of Americans. A full 78.1% of journalists are more liberal than the average Twitter user. Moreover, 66% are even more liberal than former President Obama, 62.3% are to the left of the median Senate Democrat (in the 114th Congress), and a full 14.5% are more liberal than Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (one of the most liberal members of the House).

In short, journalists are overwhelmingly liberal/Democrats and many journalists appear to be far to the left of the average American.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

In fact, a majority of journalists, based on their Twitter interactions, are somewhere to the left of Bernie Sanders.

I had a small argument with Alan Pergament on twitter a year or two ago...........He was saying his usual thing about how sportswriters, announcers, etc. shouldn't be showing any rooting interest.  And, I asked him then why is it OK that journalists can show their bias all day long regarding politics on twitter?  Yeah, that's OK, but if a writer shows any fan interest in a relatively meaningless game, then that's the worst ethics ever!  

• Like (+1) 2

As Seinfeld said-"Not that it matters".

'Woke' Media Fail to Notice Historic Cabinet Appointment by Trump. Of Course They Did.

by Victoria Taft

Original Article

NotThese days we're often regaled with news stories highlighting firsts – 'she's the first LGBTIQ++ Latinx to graduate from the Che Guevarra School of Global Warming who has devoted her life to petting same-sex kittens, tilling community gardens while simultaneously running Riverkeeper kayak trips for one-legged dogs found on the streets of Portland.'

You get it.So it was rather surprising to discover that mainstream news stories of the first openly gay White House Cabinet member – ever, ever – were left on the newsroom floor. Rick Grenell, the U.S. Ambassador to Germany, was just named to head the Department of National Intelligence by President Trump.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

As Seinfeld said-"Not that it matters".

'Woke' Media Fail to Notice Historic Cabinet Appointment by Trump. Of Course They Did.

by Victoria Taft

Original Article

NotThese days we're often regaled with news stories highlighting firsts – 'she's the first LGBTIQ++ Latinx to graduate from the Che Guevarra School of Global Warming who has devoted her life to petting same-sex kittens, tilling community gardens while simultaneously running Riverkeeper kayak trips for one-legged dogs found on the streets of Portland.'

You get it.So it was rather surprising to discover that mainstream news stories of the first openly gay White House Cabinet member – ever, ever – were left on the newsroom floor. Rick Grenell, the U.S. Ambassador to Germany, was just named to head the Department of National Intelligence by President Trump.

Shook my head when I saw this unbiased MSM headline:

Trump's new acting intelligence chief Richard Grenell lacks intelligence experience but he is a gold Trump Card member
https://theweek.com/speedreads/896893/trumps-new-acting-intelligence-chief-richard-grenell-lacks-intelligence-experience-but-gold-trump-card-member

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think Haqqani was the Afghan leader who kidnapped Saul last Sunday evening. 

It's good form to hold off on plot spoilers for at least a week, to let people catch up …   :)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It actually makes perfect sense since the reward is named after a guy that totally fabricated "news" of happenings in Cuba leading public outcry for us to get into the Spanish American War resulting in 4000 deaths of American servicemen.  He ushered in the new term Yellow Journalism.  Reward lairs with a prize named after a liar.

Tom Hamburger.  Is that his real name or a code name?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm sure there are a few honest, real reporters out there still, but in 2020 I'm not sure how anyone can take any reporting at face value no matter what the outlet. Fake news abounds everywhere and from all sides unfortunately. 

Yep....it's entirely about propaganda these days.

• Like (+1) 1