The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

15 minutes ago, bbb said:

It seems like an odd time to play this circle game.  But, the game itself is odd to me.  And, why would you do it after it's been all over the news.  

The photo caption says it was April 2019.

Even if it was after it was in the news, who is that news for? Don't bend to the SJW outrage crowd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hedge said:

The photo caption says it was April 2019.

Even if it was after it was in the news, who is that news for? Don't bend to the SJW outrage crowd.

I don't agree.  If it was now, after all the coverage on it, especially after the Army-Navy game - and these firefighters would know about that since they're in DC - then I would have to say that it's either racist or stupid.  April 2019 - that's a different story.  

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

I don't agree.  If it was now, after all the coverage on it, especially after the Army-Navy game - and these firefighters would know about that since they're in DC - then I would have to say that it's either racist or stupid.  April 2019 - that's a different story.  

Did you ever think this symbol was racist before the SJW outrage crowd began chirping about it? 

What was the result of the Army-Navy game investigation into this bit of ridiculousness? That it wasn't racist.

It may very well be stupid and immature, but to think it is racist is exactly what the Leftists want. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

‘Spot the difference’:

Washington Post’s 2014 spin about the GAO and Obama is MUCH different than their 2020 headline about Trump

Time again to play “compare & contrast”:

Spot the difference of how The Washington Post frames a GAO report under the Obama administration and under the Trump administration.

EOau7gkX4AIvO9K.png     EOau7gtWkAAUnRu.png

EObVdwDVUAADVaJ.jpg

• Like (+1) 6

Even with the House finally transmitting the signed articles of impeachment to the Senate today and the Senate passing the USMCA trade agreement, the big story of the day is Sen. Martha McSally calling CNN’s Manu Raju a “liberal hack” on her way into a conference room. At least she said something, unlike when the members of The Squad just ignored a reporter asking them to condemn a terrorist attack on an ICE facility. Remember when that was all over the news for a day? We don’t either.

Maybe it wasn’t the most elegant way to respond, but you have to understand just how fragile the mainstream media has been ever since Donald Trump was elected: everything is an attack, and drama queen Jim Acosta even published a book about what a dangerous time it is to be a journalist in America — for example, you might not get called on in a press conference even though you work for CNN.

We collected the reactions from a lot of blue checks earlier, but now the Washington Post’s Greg Sargent has upgraded McSally’s comment from what CNN called “extremely unbecoming” (gasp!) to nasty and “chilling.”

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/01/16/wapo-upgrades-sen-martha-mcsallys-remark-to-a-vile-little-performance-and-a-chilling-insult/

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-journa

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

FINALLY an award for journalists to give to themselves.

So they decided they couldn't name it the Jim Accosta Corageously Talking Back to Power Award AND give it to him in the same year?

Really can't see these bubble dwelling bone heads giving this award to anyone else.

SMH

27 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They still don't get why he won... 

Yep, and that's where this whole impeachment bs is going.  It's racism I tell ya, all racism.  Hahahahah.  Morons.  Maybe they will all come together and Jonestown themselves after trump wins in 2020.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

FINALLY an award for journalists to give to themselves.

Well, after Trump totally ruined Nerd Prom, they needed something to celebrate how wonderful they think they are. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire White House Press Corps doesn't award themselves Purple Hearts and Silver Stars. They're goddamn heroes, just ask them!

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They still don't get why he won... 

Wasn't it Tom who prophesized that the Democrats weren't far from outlawing the GOP as a 'hate group'?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, after Trump totally ruined Nerd Prom, they needed something to celebrate how wonderful they think they are. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire White House Press Corps doesn't award themselves Purple Hearts and Silver Stars. They're goddamn heroes, just ask them!

Wasn't it Tom who prophesized that the Democrats weren't far from outlawing the GOP as a 'hate group'?

Good ole Tom. I'm old enough to remember when he so affectionately would call posters here "idiots". They didn't actually have to be idiots but he didn't want to play favorites and slight someone. I miss him already. 

• Like (+1) 1

WHY PEOPLE HATE THE MEDIA, CHAPTER 12,186

Everyone is scandalized that Arizona Senator Martha McSally called a CNN reporter a “liberal hack” and refused to speak with him, but I think this falls into the category of a Michael Kinsley gaffe, that is, when someone tells the truth they’re not supposed to tell in Washington.

As Paul noted yesterday, CNN completely disgraced itself in the Democratic debate Tuesday with its handling of the Warren-Sanders “he said—she said” controversy about whether Sanders told Warren that a woman could not win the presidency, thus proving their total hackery in prime time.

But there are lots of other daily examples you can point to, such as this pairing of Politico headlines for the same story. Politico clearly changed the headline because the first one made Trump look too good:

Screen-Shot-2020-01-17-at-7.19.36-PM.png

And then the media wonder how it gets the reputation for “fake news.” Maybe this passage from a recent article in Vanity Fair entitled “You Won’t Believe What Trump Said About His Middle Name.”

On this week’s episode of Inside the Hive, Vanity Fair special correspondent Gabriel Sherman, who was attending the Globes for his show, The Loudest Voice, relayed a story that sums up the Trump presidency and the mess we’re currently living in. Standing near the bar, Sherman ran into Frank Luntz, the Republican pollster, and the two started chatting. Sherman asked Luntz when he last saw the President. “Last week, at the White House Christmas party,” Luntz said. Sherman asked what the two men talked about, to which Luntz replied that he had asked Trump what his middle initial “J” stands for. “Genius,” Trump responded.

There’s only one problem, which Luntz explained after:

Screen-Shot-2020-01-17-at-7.36.04-PM.png

• Like (+1) 4

On 1/16/2020 at 11:18 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

On 1/16/2020 at 1:38 PM, bbb said:

I gotta ask, though, why are they doing that?  

Clearly they're upset to have six African--Americans standing and sitting down with them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/16/2020 at 11:22 AM, bbb said:

So you're saying that a hand gesture virtually no one considers racist must now be interpreted as racist since a handful of media outlets incorrectly and suddenly reported it to be racist based on some far-left people referencing it on Twitter?

Outrage After Obama Outed As White Supremacist | The ...

Okay, then.

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So you're saying that a hand gesture virtually no one considers racist must now be interpreted as racist since a handful of media outlets incorrectly and suddenly reported it to be racist based on some far-left people referencing it on Twitter?

Outrage After Obama Outed As White Supremacist | The ...

Okay, then.

I'm saying that these guys would be stupid to do that now.  In January 2020.  What would be the point?