The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

ANOTHER REPORTER PAYS FOR TDS

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/11/another-reporter-pays-for-tds.php

You probably have heard about the ill-fated Newsweek tweet that implicitly criticized President Trump for spending his Thanksgiving holiday golfing and tweeting:

It turns out Newsweek was not amused. The reporter, Jessica Kwong, has been fired. She tells her side of the story:

Kwong told the Washington Examiner that she was assigned to write a story about what the president was doing on Thanksgiving a week in advance and filed it to her editors on Wednesday. Then, she explained that she sent a message to the editor on duty with the president’s latest actions and the editor published the piece. That editor decided to have a reporter write a new story on Trump’s surprise trip to Afghanistan, and neglected to update Kwong’s original piece in a timely manner.

The root of the problem, of course, is that Newsweek, like pretty much all news outlets, is interested in bringing down President Trump, not in reporting the news. This is why we see such mistakes in the press, over and over, and always in the same direction.

• Like (+1) 2

TRUMP’S SOCIAL MEDIA GAME IS GROUCHO, AND THE PRESS IS MARGARET DUMONT:  

“Donald Trump Campaign Disputes Claim that Photo of President as Rocky Balboa Was ‘Doctored.'”

Team Trump was witty enough to say, “Washington Post claims – without evidence – that @realDonaldTrump shared a ‘doctored’ photo.”

That’s not — as Newsweek imagines — a dispute of WaPo’s “claim” that the photo did not show the real body of Donald Trump. It’s making fun of WaPo for saying what didn’t need to be said.

I believe it is also intended as mockery of the use of the phrase “without evidence” in reports on the impeachment hearings.

And it’s hilarious.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

The media was big on attacking W and Trump for playing that evil golf game

not a peep of protest when Obama played a lot of golf as well

how could that possibly be????

Actually "W" quit playing golf when we invaded Iraq. He thought it wrong to do so while we were at war.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Actually "W" quit playing golf when we invaded Iraq. He thought it wrong to do so while we were at war.

I did not know that

i don’t recall any credit for this 

how could that not happen?

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

W quit playing golf while soldiers fought overseas

Obama had no problem flipping a cool guy salute to the hired help holding his umbrella

The New York Times’ long descent from credibility

by Michael Goodwin

Original Article

The separation of news from opinion was an ingrained part of the culture at The New York Times when I started there in the 1970s. As a young reporter, I knew the rule without understanding its significance. I only knew I was not permitted to express my opinions in my stories. Those were the days when copy was edited by hand and if you veered into editorializing, editors simply crossed out the offending words. You learned of your mistake when you read the paper the next day and realized your opinion was on the cutting-room floor.

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

The New York Times’ long descent from credibility

by Michael Goodwin

Original Article

The separation of news from opinion was an ingrained part of the culture at The New York Times when I started there in the 1970s. As a young reporter, I knew the rule without understanding its significance. I only knew I was not permitted to express my opinions in my stories. Those were the days when copy was edited by hand and if you veered into editorializing, editors simply crossed out the offending words. You learned of your mistake when you read the paper the next day and realized your opinion was on the cutting-room floor.

Lol they covered up the Nazi atrocities.  This didn't start in the 80s.

Edited by 4merper4mer