The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

MISSING! TV News Hides the (D) in Epstein-Linked Democrats

On Friday, unsealed court documents named former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell and former Clinton cabinet official and ex-New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson as among those who allegedly had sex with an underage victim of Jeffrey Epstein. But while all three evening news broadcasts covered the case, one thing was missing: any hint that those two men are Democrats.

It’s a trend that NewsBusters has documented before, as scandal-tarnished Democrats are often detached from their political party, while Republicans in similar circumstances are properly identified.

In this case, both Mitchell and Richardson have unequivocally denied the allegations, which were contained in a previously-sealed civil lawsuit brought by Virginia Roberts Guiffre against Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell. But that didn’t stop the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts from mentioning them both by name in five different broadcasts since the news broke on Friday — they just didn’t mention that they were both Democrats.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/11/2019 at 3:29 PM, ALF said:

Do you think they are working good enough ?

Depends on your definition of “ good enough”. If the desired result is no one is murdered with a gun, that will not happen regardless of any law. The Constitution must be followed, and that is a limitation on what laws can be enacted. In my opinion , they work well enough while not infringing on the rights of the law abiding citizens. I’m not a gun advocate, but I don’t think stricter laws would do much besides make some politicians stick their chests out. Real world impact would be negligible. 

On 8/11/2019 at 3:29 PM, ALF said:

Do you think they are working good enough ?

...they are just like immigration......work well for those LEGALLY obtaining guns and works well for immigrants LEGALLY attaining citizenship status as in Ellis Island......illegal are  culprits in BOTH cases.......

• Like (+1) 1